Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Ithior

A chunk of a tooth came out a few minutes ago while eating a cookie. I can't see how much is exposed (back of the tooth) but the bit that came off is a bit big (at least in my opinion). I'm already trying to see if my dentist is available now, I don't want to eat or even wash my teeth knowing that stuff can get inside of this.

My teeth always give me problems, I should just pull them all out and replace them.

Ithior

Complaining on a forum on why I don't have a job, and that's because all the job offers in my area ask for personality traits I don't have. Then some dude just asks "like what?", and I go through those offers and I can't find a single one to tell the guy. It's like they disappear when someone else asks about them, but they're there if I'm looking at them by myself.

singing-love

I feel desperately in need of a nap, pretty sad to crave a nap in the middle of the day at my age:eek:mg:...but i can't sleep properly lately so i feel exhausted :kickingmyself:.

hoddesdon

Complaining on a forum on why I don't have a job, and that's because all the job offers in my area ask for personality traits I don't have. Then some dude just asks "like what?", and I go through those offers and I can't find a single one to tell the guy. It's like they disappear when someone else asks about them, but they're there if I'm looking at them by myself.

Perhaps that means that you are exaggerating them.

Perhaps that means that you are exaggerating them.
^It could also mean that there is so much unemployment where he lives that the vacancies that are advertised are filled very quickly. That is the case where I live.:sad:

When I applied for an advertised one, last year, by the time I drove to the shop they had stopped taking applications because they had been swamped with so many already. Myself and 3 other people just stood there with blank looks on our faces after we were told. Defeated before we had even got a chance to hand our Resumes in.:sad:

anomicdeer

Sick of my mother criticizing eerything about me . Like come on. I was looking down because I had to get something out I my folder!!

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
"Only in relationship can you know yourself, not in abstraction and certainly not in isolation. The movement of behavior is the sure guide to yourself. It's the mirror of your consciousness: this mirror will reveal its content, the images, the attachments, the fears, the loneliness, the joys and sorrow. Poverty lies in running away from this, either in its sublimations or its identities."

"What is needed, rather than running away or controlling or suppressing or any other resistance, is understanding fear; that means, watch it, learn about it, come directly into contact with it. We are to learn about fear, not how to escape from it."

- Krishnamurti

Ithior

My family still has a knack for arranging things and only telling me about it a few hours before. And it always happens when I already have plans, but it's always plans with myself so in their opinion it can just be delayed to another day. For example, I usually go to the gym on Saturdays. If they only warn me less than 24 hours before, I no longer have the time to go to the gym Friday and I can't put it Sunday because it's closed, and I can't move it to Monday because it's too on top of my next workout session.

This time I have a 3 hour exam (divided into 2 1h30 parts) for an intro to Chemistry class. The deadline is Monday 1pm but I want to have it done by tomorrow. That means I have to do it tomorrow, and since this is online I can do it when I feel like my brain is more active instead of when it's sluggish. My family wants to know if I can go with them to the f*cking mall I don't give a sh*t about and ditch my exam, or at least do it in the morning (before the hour I usually wake up at) and if need be finish it at night. I'm not even accounting for the fact that I get pretty much braindead when I come home from being outside.

MikeyC

^It could also mean that there is so much unemployment where he lives that the vacancies that are advertised are filled very quickly. That is the case where I live.:sad:

When I applied for an advertised one, last year, by the time I drove to the shop they had stopped taking applications because they had been swamped with so many already. Myself and 3 other people just stood there with blank looks on our faces after we were told. Defeated before we had even got a chance to hand our Resumes in.:sad:
This sucks, but I hope you keep trying. I'm confident you will find something. :)

Day 1 no caffeine.
How did your first day go?

Kiwong

"Only in relationship can you know yourself, not in abstraction and certainly not in isolation. The movement of behavior is the sure guide to yourself. It's the mirror of your consciousness: this mirror will reveal its content, the images, the attachments, the fears, the loneliness, the joys and sorrow. Poverty lies in running away from this, either in its sublimations or its identities."

"What is needed, rather than running away or controlling or suppressing or any other resistance, is understanding fear; that means, watch it, learn about it, come directly into contact with it. We are to learn about fear, not how to escape from it."

- Krishnamurti

I find not running away to be the hardest thing. I know that by embracing panic was how I beat panic disorder. Anxiety seems harder. It's like putting your hand on something hot, how long can you leave it there before you get burnt.

Rawz

I don't like sleeping. I've spent enough of my time sleeping and laying around trying to sleep. I don't want to have to sleep anymore than I need to anymore. I want to do things. I want to be productive.

Ithior

My mum forces me to tell her what I've been doing every month. At the first sunday of every month I have to tell her what I did the last month in terms of my career. I already explained her that this attitude of hers, coupled with her constant negative criticism to whatever I do makes me not want to tell her anything at all, and the fact that I'm forced to do this every month just makes it even less likely for me to actually do anything.

My dad doesn't force me to tell him anything and I tell him what I'm comfortable with telling him, because he listens and doesn't make a lot of questions and he doesn't judge it negatively.

Example of conversation with my mum:
[forced to say it:]"I'm doing introductory online courses in stuff like chemistry and physics."
Mum: "Why? Have you sent out your curriculum?"
Me: "I'm not looking for a job, I'm trying to figure out what I like, and I don't think it's related to my degree. I don't see a point in sending out a curriculum if I don't like any of the jobs."
Mum: "You should still look for a job or internship. Send out curriculums."
Me: "But all the internships are a year long. If I don't like it I'm either stuck with it for a whole year or I lose my chance to do another."
Mum: "Send curriculums."
Then she proceeds to e-mail me tons of job opportunities in areas of study or countries I already said I was sure I didn't like them.

Conversation with dad:
Dad: "What have you been doing?"
Me [not forced to say anything]: "Just some online courses in stuff like chemistry and physics. I don't think I like the area of my degree."
Dad: "Nice, I also did a few online courses before. What websites do you use?"
Me: "For now only Coursera."
Dad: "Me too, but are you doing them in english? I did mine in spanish."
Me: "Yeah, english."
Dad: "Anyway, it's a good idea to just try different stuff. Also, don't think too much about what you want to do, it'll eventually become clear if you don't obsess over it. It's like those amazing ideas people have when they're distracted doing something else."

Ithior

That conversation is over for this month. My mum cried because she just misinterprets everything I say and only focus on certain parts of what I say. I repeated "I know that if I need your help you'll be there for me" twice and then added "I also know that if I need money for a degree you'll also help me", and then she just says "My help isn't only money!", completely ignoring the two sentences I said before.
Then for some reason I started talking about the time she said I was lying about my online courses because I didn't want to tell her what subjects I was doing, and she said she never said that. Luckily my sister had been present in that conversation and she recalled that my mum did indeed say I was lying. Obviously you don't really feel like talking to someone who doesn't believe you just because you don't want to talk about a particular subject. If it were with my dad he'd ask "What kind of things are you studying?", I'd answer "a lot of stuff", he'd reply "Like what?", and if I said "Just lots of different things" he'd just leave it at that (eventually I'd feel more comfortable talking about it and would actually mention these subjects if the conversation came up again, which actually happened). But not my mum, she kept asking again and again until eventually she said I was lying.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I saw somewhere today that they're rebooting the Police Academy film series.

Good grief.

Also, it's always worth a chuckle when a thread has a title like "Who ARE You?!?" and before posting, I do a quick scan through the pages to make sure I don't contradict something I already said. ha ha ha

Last edited: