Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Ithior

Isn't it great when people ignore you/interrupt the conversation to send a text, and they take 5 minutes to write it? And they spend the whole 5 minutes with a stupid grin on their faces.

tumblr_nj414pX4sh1t3t6f3o3_r1_540.jpg

GraybeardGhost

I really don't understand the appeal of "shabby chic" furniture. Why would anyone want to spend gobs of money to buy something made to look like crap on purpose? And oy, the colors! :eek:h:

Also, square pizza. What the hell?

The subway is completely, body-on-body packed every morning and often in the afternoon as well - not even during rush hour. It's pretty miserable and I'm not sure there's a solution to it.

anomicdeer

I don't know what it is about me that people don't like but I'll tell you my sister doesn't care any more than I do. So you can be nice and thank her all you want. I don't know what she does but I don't see her smiling or talking to anyone either.

It's freezing and I love it. It gives you such a nice excuse to make yourself super cozy and comfortable without feeling like a lazy slacker. Plus, you don't overheat like you would if you were to do it in the spring/summer.

I'm a little bummed it's going to over pretty soon.

I really don't understand the appeal of "shabby chic" furniture. Why would anyone want to spend gobs of money to buy something made to look like crap on purpose? And oy, the colors! :eek:h:
I often go "omg!" at certain things that come into "fashion" too. I don't understand why someone would spend heaps of money to build a house or mansion that looks like a factory!? The is no warmth in a house that looks like a workplace. :eek:h:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...5898.ece/BINARY/w620/leblanc-hive0627re01.jpg
http://www.hometrendesign.com/wp-co...-LVS-Architecture-and-JC-NAME-Arquitectos.jpg
http://4homedecoration.com/wp-content/images/8-modular-home-designs-with-modern-flair-24.jpg

Also, square pizza. What the hell?
Oh I can totally understand that GB. A square cut slice of a square pizza is much easier and quicker to eat. You don't have to get the balance just right in your hands so you don't drop it - as you do with a triangle cut slice of a round pizza. And because it is easier to keep level, you spend less time worrying about any of the toppings falling off as it gets uneven bringing it to your mouth, as you have to with a non-level, constantly moving surface of a triangle cut slice from a round pizza. :thumbup: :bigsmile:

S_Spartan

Isn't it strange how life is all about keeping things filled?
Keeping your stomach filled, keeping your bank account filled, keeping you gas tank filled, keeping your time filled, keeping your social/love life filled, keeping your family life filled, keeping your house filled, etc.
Life is like a constant battle against emptiness.
Basically life is just people running around and doing things trying to be made whole but never quite getting there.
The bucket always has a leak.
So we put up examples like celebrities and the wealthy and we say "Aha! These people have filled the bucket! These people have been made whole! This is what I need to emulate!"
But have they really been made whole? Or do they just have a bigger bucket with bigger leaks?

planemo

Isn't it strange how life is all about keeping things filled?
Keeping your stomach filled, keeping your bank account filled, keeping you gas tank filled, keeping your time filled, keeping your social/love life filled, keeping your family life filled, keeping your house filled, etc.
Life is like a constant battle against emptiness.
Basically life is just people running around and doing things trying to be made whole but never quite getting there.
The bucket always has a leak.
So we put up examples like celebrities and the wealthy and we say "Aha! These people have filled the bucket! These people have been made whole! This is what I need to emulate!"
But have they really been made whole? Or do they just have a bigger bucket with bigger leaks?

Nice post. It makes a lot of sense. Perhaps that's why so many celebs are depressed and some attempt suicide. They have what they want, but in world where loss is inevitable, and trying to fight against this natural law of things "leaking", finally gives them grief. And us too I suspect, since we try to make sure we end up getting what they have, not realising it's the same struggle, but with a different "bucket".

One of my professors loves to spout his political beliefs while giving a lecture. I really hate that. He seems approachable enough and fair, but there's something about him that screams "douchey"...

I don't actually like any of my professors this semester and only one class is interesting to me (science fiction lit - woo! with an emphasis on globalization).

PerseverareJasmine

I was in the mood to watch a musical earlier so I watched the movie Rent for the first time. It wasn't really as entertaining as I thought it would be, but it did have a few good moments.