Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

**Cheers for LOTR quotes**.. :bigsmile:
I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I had the feeling Jurassic Park would suck.

I feel like LOTR quotes should be a staple in everyone's speech lol.
I actually really like Jurassic Park... Maybe it's because going to see it in the theater is a fond memory from my childhood.

Jurrasic World, in my opinion, is really predictable and I just couldn't get into it. So, I just made fun of it in my head lol.

I miss having a best friend I can talk to about anything. My sisters are great but sometimes an outside perspective is needed, and I lack that. No matter how close to your family you are, you still need good friends.

Sigh :sad:

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I feel like LOTR quotes should be a staple in everyone's speech lol.
I actually really like Jurassic Park... Maybe it's because going to see it in the theater is a fond memory from my childhood.

Jurrasic World, in my opinion, is really predictable and I just couldn't get into it. So, I just made fun of it in my head lol.

Ah sorry, I did mean the latest movie. I too liked the older films :)

PugofCrydee

I miss having a best friend I can talk to about anything. My sisters are great but sometimes an outside perspective is needed, and I lack that. No matter how close to your family you are, you still need good friends.

Sigh :sad:

I couldn't agree more.

I dislike people who unaware in their callousness take the hand when you offer a finger, I loath people who utilize leverage and time to do it intentionally. They know what they're doing and manipulate the situation to take more than they deserve.

PugofCrydee

Can anyone please explain how I put a pic from my pc onto this site/threads?

I know how to do YouTube vids, but I cant work out how to do pics.
I always end up with the stupid link instead..

Kiwong

Pug, you have to upload your image to a free image sharing site, I use photobucket. You can't upload directly from your PC. Then you copy and paste the thumbnail URL into the image icon the second last icon on the message toolbar

icon ^

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member

You can also press the the button with the landscape on it (the one with the yellow background,) from there you paste the URL of the picture (though, that's more for pictures on the internet), it'll wrap it in the code automatically.
[see picture 1]

To upload them directly from your computer to the forum you can click ''Go Advanced'' on the post (if you're not already in that mode (Quote replying puts you in it automatically I think)) and then there's an attachment system you can use from which you can upload an attachment/picture directly.
[see picture 2]

Personally, I prefer to upload them via another site like Imageshack and then embed them here.

Attachments

• forumpic.jpg
    forumpic.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 0
  • forumpic2.jpg
    forumpic2.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

chibiXphantom

went back to a former workplace to ask for a reference from a supervisor. she didnt know who i was.
i asked a different supervisor for a reference, and she didnt even notice i ever left (i've been gone 2 years...)

good to know my presence makes such an impression on people ... -_-

Man, I really wish I had someone to go swimming with. It's perfect weather for it but I feel way too self concious to go alone.

Last edited:
went back to a former workplace to ask for a reference from a supervisor. she didnt know who i was.
i asked a different supervisor for a reference, and she didnt even notice i ever left (i've been gone 2 years...)

good to know my presence makes such an impression on people ... -_-

Geez, that's harsh.

Next time you should go in in full pimp gear. People'll remember that.

I find it sad that we even need articles like this, but it was probably inevitable:

You Don't Need a Digital Detox: You Just Need to Learn to Set Limits and BoundariesÂ*|Â*Dr. Larry Rosen

It's an interesting read about smartphone obsession. I've been complaining for the past two years about how addicted to their phones people are. How you have to often wait until someone is finished texting/whatever to have a conversation with them or to have their full (actually more like distracted) attention. I've struggled with the issue myself at times, and other times I've managed to get it under control.

It's disturbing to me, though, that such a thing can even happen in the first place. No matter where you go now, people are staring at their screens. And as the author of the article says, I think it's not about avoiding it - let's face it, it's a part of our lives now, you can't get away from it unless you want to reject it altogether, which I think has more cons than pros - but about training your brain to be okay with not being connected 24/7 mentally.

I know I tend to get more addicted to my phone when I'm depressed, too, because not only is it an escape, it also doesn't require any effort, unlike many other activities. And it's emotionally (and superficially) rewarding to participate in social media and text messaging and to get notifications or play online games/surf Youtube/get lost in articles, etc.

Smartphone/digital technology is both disturbing and fascinating, and I'll be interested to see the various positive and negative effects it will have on my generation over the course of our lives, and all the research that will be done - because lord knows we need a LOT of research on such a powerful tool.

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Why are you now, suddenly, agreeing with me that you rarely do anything when I ask you? You realize ye made of habit of doing that over the years, right?