Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

AlienGeranium

I can't help but be bothered by knowing people who screwed me over feel no remorse and are sleeping fine at night. I know being bitter will only make things worse for me though, so I'll just let it go if I can. Everything will work itself out.

Man, I swear.. Why do I lend stuff to people? They NEVER return it.
^Unfortunately there are some people who seem to make an art form of finding people they can take advantage of with not returning things to. :eek:mg:

From now on, the first time you lend something to someone explain politely but clearly that you have a policy whereby if someone fails to return a borrowed object back to you the first time, then they will never be given a second chance to be lent something from you again. Do you think that may help?

^Unfortunately there are some people who seem to make an art form of finding people they can take advantage of with not returning things to. :eek:mg:

From now on, the first time you lend something to someone explain politely but clearly that you have a policy whereby if someone fails to return a borrowed object back to you the first time, then they will never be given a second chance to be lent something from you again. Do you think that may help?

Yeah, it's awful. I've lost in the five-hundreds of Euros worth of tools and equipment because people borrowed stuff and procrastinated on returning so long they forgot and lost it. They don't have ill intent, they're just neglectful.

Typically it's the same people that borrow things, and I've made a good effort to remind them to return it, and as of late they've pretty decent about it. Definitely not perfect mind you, but better.

This time it concerned a Hungarian guy that is an old friend of the family that borrowed my webcam to talk to his family, and since it was the first time I gave him the benefit of the doubt. But since then got in a big fight with his girlfriend and left it at her house - rendering it unavailable.

Considering these fights typically end ugly, I'm not quite expecting to get it back.

onehandclapping

pluto is a lot more sandy looking than I would have thought. first new pictures in from the probe;

_84264807_84264806.jpg

No, just the smaller eye you've circled on left looks like a tiny alien face

...also, Dr Alan Stern on the New Horizons team looks a lot like Alan Tudyk from Firefly
Alan-Stern.png

Alan-Tudyk.jpg

Deco

Amazing how during tough times, most jobs offered require more tasks/skills but offer a
mediocre pay check. They want to pay art directors and senior designers the same they used to pay trainees.

Last edited:

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
When you're talkin to yourself
And nobody's home
You can fool yourself
You came in this world alone
(Alone)

So nobody ever told you baby
How it was gonna be
So what'll happen to you baby
Guess we'll have to wait and see