Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I think maybe it's time I realize that I will never have any real friends :/

I often wonder if it's just a case of never being around the right person/people, never crossing paths.
Because know I'm a good person with a lot to offer. But the people I'm surrounded with.. I just don't want to be their friends.

Yet I know if I came across the right person/people, I'd definitely become lasting friends.

I often wonder if it's just a case of never being around the right person/people, never crossing paths.
Because know I'm a good person with a lot to offer. But the people I'm surrounded with.. I just don't want to be their friends.

Yet I know if I came across the right person/people, I'd definitely become lasting friends.

That's a really interesting thought- I feel that way often. Like there is no one I connect with/want to be friends with.
I suppose it doesn't help that I don't have many social encounters in the first place and when I am in public, I seem unapproachable and very aloof. I'm not easy to get to know either :/

Deco

Synchronicity... incredible thing to experience with such a frequency.
I see many people are going through the same thing.

Odo

Banned
Jealous. I've never been to any other country. The most intimidating one would be Japan. I wouldn't want to go alone.

I want to go to a Spanish-speaking country as well (probably in So. America) because I took Spanish and it was my major for a while, but I'm honestly not comfortable with the idea of actually using it in conversation. I would be so self-conscious. I never use it when I meet Spanish speakers although I always want to. Which means I'll never improve :p Makes me appreciate how tough it must be for people trying to learn English while surrounded by native speakers; English doesn't even make sense.

Actually, Japan was the easiest one for me. The Japanese are in love with convenience and you can always count on the trains, and sometimes people will even come up to you and offer to help if you look lost. As an obvious gaikokujin you'll stand out more, which can actually be a good thing if you want to meet people... and meeting people in Japan isn't like meeting people in USA or wherever because you don't need to worry about impressing them.

It might seem daunting because it is radically different, but it's very safe and people are very polite and reserved. Get the rail pass before you leave... the Shinkansen is extremely convenient. If you have a few weeks, I would recommend 2 days Hiroshima, 1 week Kyoto, a day or two in Nara, a few days in Osaka, 1 week at least in Tokyo, maybe a trip to see Fujisan one day (you can climb to the top if you want, but it's not always nice... I did it and on the train back my sinuses wouldn't stop running due to volcanic dust... but if you go, do it at night to see the sunrise), Kamakura is worth a trip and if you can do it, a day in Nikko. Most people don't get to Nikko because it's kind of out of the way and the Shinkansen doesn't go there, but it really is a work of art... when I lived in Utsunomiya I think I visited about 6 times, but you have to watch the monkeys because people get attacked.

Out of the three, it's probably my favorite... I even lived there for almost 2 years.

Nanita

Actually, Japan was the easiest one for me. The Japanese are in love with convenience and you can always count on the trains, and sometimes people will even come up to you and offer to help if you look lost. As an obvious gaikokujin you'll stand out more, which can actually be a good thing if you want to meet people... and meeting people in Japan isn't like meeting people in USA or wherever because you don't need to worry about impressing them.

It might seem daunting because it is radically different, but it's very safe and people are very polite and reserved. Get the rail pass before you leave... the Shinkansen is extremely convenient. If you have a few weeks, I would recommend 2 days Hiroshima, 1 week Kyoto, a day or two in Nara, a few days in Osaka, 1 week at least in Tokyo, maybe a trip to see Fujisan one day (you can climb to the top if you want, but it's not always nice... I did it and on the train back my sinuses wouldn't stop running due to volcanic dust... but if you go, do it at night to see the sunrise), Kamakura is worth a trip and if you can do it, a day in Nikko. Most people don't get to Nikko because it's kind of out of the way and the Shinkansen doesn't go there, but it really is a work of art... when I lived in Utsunomiya I think I visited about 6 times, but you have to watch the monkeys because people get attacked.

Out of the three, it's probably my favorite... I even lived there for almost 2 years.

I lived there for 1 year exactly... Japan is beautiful and an awesome place to be. And very easy to travel in. Sort of "innocent". Definitely the place I've felt the safest.

Thanks for the reply Odo, that sounds really cool and I took a screenshot of it for later reference :p

I lived there for 1 year exactly... Japan is beautiful and an awesome place to be. And very easy to travel in. Sort of "innocent". Definitely the place I've felt the safest.

:)

MollyBeGood

Why is it seen as cruel for the horses?

On further investigation this is just limited to city areas not rural areas, due to traffic, smog etc...it is proving to be a cruel existence for them. There have been a string of deaths due to heat exhaustion in NYC that have prompted the ban. Those poor, sweet creatures. The people fighting it are afraid it will hurt the tourism industry-it always comes back to money.

On further investigation this is just limited to city areas not rural areas, due to traffic, smog etc...it is proving to be a cruel existence for them. There have been a string of deaths due to heat exhaustion in NYC that have prompted the ban. Those poor, sweet creatures. The people fighting it are afraid it will hurt the tourism industry-it always comes back to money.

Ah, someone has started this here as a thing for the tourists, but the traffic and weather shouldn't be so bad, still, it's a tacky touristy thing to have and very out of context for here, I'm not liking some of the aspects of becoming a popular destination, we're losing some of our uniqueness

It's so funny having a 13-year-old sister at my age, I feel like a mom (disregard that I'd have to have had her at age 12 myself if I was her mom). She mentioned something and I pointed out to her she used to be embarassed talking about that particular subject. Then I asked her if she's still embarassed talking about boys and she said "Well no but I don't like them." I said it's okay to like boys and she said "All the boys at my school are j erks." I said "All of them? Not a single one is nice?" and she said no.

Ah, youths :rolleyes:

"It's important to believe in yourself. Because nobody else does."
^ There are some really good ones in that. :bigsmile: :applause:

I loved the one "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about dancing in the rain . . .
and getting struck by the lightning. :giggle: