Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

S_Spartan

I've reached the same conclusion recently. That's why I have also just quit trying to hang out with my former close friends again. I can sense a narcissistic behaviour that they didn't display a few years ago.

It´s almost impossible to keep a conversation with fellow millenials these days. So many bloated egos. Something I witnessed mostly with younger people at work. And they only cared about their own personal schedules, didn't give a **** about the rest of the team.

And that 's the thing, it's not only that they didn't care about the team but they see their not caring as a *virtue*!

And that is how the game is played now.

Yes, the Millennials are very very bad in this regard but I'm seeing this through all age groups as well.

There are people who I've known for years who used to be decent but now it's like dealing with mini-Machiavellian sociopaths.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I am starting to really understand how the modern social game is played.

It's all a contest to see who cares less!

Or more accurately, to see who *can* care less.

Of course, I've always known this to be true of people in general but I think that these days it is really THE game that is being played by just about everybody.

The whole idea is to come off as very cool and aloof. To remain mysterious so that people will think that you have unlimited options.

But other people don't care about you anyways because they are playing the same game themselves.

So nobody is really connecting with anybody.

Oh well, I've given up on people and the world anyway...let it all rot!

While I agree with you for the most part, not everyone is like that.
I know quite a few people who might seem that way, until you get to know them. Then you find out they are actually quite empathetic and caring people.

MollyBeGood

Than you haz lotsa free time cause 99.9% of humans are small minded!

Haha yeah..I try to stay away from generalities about people though, just makes me more likely to be depressed.

Funny. Just as I wrote that out my mind made space for a creative project I have wanted to do for a long time.

But yes, most people are vampires with tiny brains trying to suck all of the goodness and life out of others as sport.

Ithior

I'm starting to think I may not be ready to go back to university, anxiety-wise. Being with her makes me a bit uneasy in regards to using the bathroom. Now I don't know if it was because of her or because of something I ate (two possible suspects), but I got nauseous while eating dinner and had to stop eating. Went to my room, after a while had to use the toilet. If I were at the university, I wouldn't be able to use the toilet. What worries me is that this all happened in less than 3 hours, which I thought was my safe limit. I thought I could last 3 hours in any situation without getting my usual anxiety symptoms. Since my classes will be 3 hours a day, I'm now wondering if I'll be fine or if it'll be as painful and stressful as it was it was during my bachelor's.

AtTheGates

Banned
today I increased my cardio time from 30min to 45min....I'v reduced my calorie intake as well...If I haven't lost a significant amount of weight by the end of the month I'm going to be really pissed off...idk why this last 10-15 pounds has been so hard to get rid of but once I get back in good shape I'm NEVER letting myself get out of shape EVER again...you can put on fat so quickly but it takes FOREVER to lose it off.

Deco

And that 's the thing, it's not only that they didn't care about the team but they see their not caring as a *virtue*!

And that is how the game is played now.

Yes, the Millennials are very very bad in this regard but I'm seeing this through all age groups as well.

There are people who I've known for years who used to be decent but now it's like dealing with mini-Machiavellian sociopaths.

Well I can't say all of them. The ones I've worked with are very tallented people, but they're not willing to listen to more experienced team members or even bosses when they make mistakes and stay a bit more at work when it's necessary to meet deadlines, even if they were to receive bonuses. They really didn't care about being fired.

And unfortunately, it's hard to explain to family members or any remaining friends why we are becoming so cautious when meeting new people or avoiding most social interactions for a long time.

Ithior

today I increased my cardio time from 30min to 45min....I'v reduced my calorie intake as well...If I haven't lost a significant amount of weight by the end of the month I'm going to be really pissed off...idk why this last 10-15 pounds has been so hard to get rid of but once I get back in good shape I'm NEVER letting myself get out of shape EVER again...you can put on fat so quickly but it takes FOREVER to lose it off.

It's the opposite for me. It takes forever to gain a pound or two, but if I skip a big meal I lose 3 or 4 pounds right away. It takes me a couple of months to get them back.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Nothing, and I mean nothing can instantly drive me to the sheer cliffs of madness like suddenly not being able to find my cursor on the screen.

giphy.gif

Kiwong

Today I had nine months extended leave approved. I have plans to create a web site for my photos, maybe try to sell a few, maybe I could be a professional photographer. It's possible. I want to write a book with descriptions and photos of the coastline where I live, I can get out and take photos of sunrises and sunsets for 9 months. I know I can write, I know I can take photos. Of course my dream to write flora field guides of the national parks where I live is still alive. Also I can train full time for a marathon and compete in the world masters athletics next year. My positive brain was very active with plans and possibilities today.

Last edited:

Ithior

Alright, got 2 of the 3 books I need from the library. The 3rd one is not very important right now, I can order it online if I have to. Already checked which chapters I need, so next up I'll be scanning them. I hope they don't fall apart, one of them isn't in great condition. I guess I already know what I'll be doing in the next days.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Today I had nine months extended leave approved. I have plans to create a web site for my photos, maybe try to sell a few, maybe I could be a professional photographer. It's possible. I want to write a book with descriptions and photos of the coastline where I live, I can get out and take photos of sunrises and sunsets for 9 months. I know I can write, I know I can take photos. Of course my dream to write flora field guides of the national parks where I live is still alive. Also I can train full time for a marathon and compete in the world masters athletics next year. My positive brain was very active with plans and possibilities today.

That sounds great, Kiwong.

I played with the idea of getting a professional grade DSLR last year and trying my hand at wildlife stuff, but decided I probably didn't have the desire to follow through with it. Besides, even though I'm an artist, I found that I don't really have a great eye for photography.

I look forward to seeing your work.

I don't think I can ever take a shower without getting cyborg eye - it's just not possible.

Also, I bought these awful Wasa brand multi-grain crackers and I'm pretty sure this is what they feed the prisoners at Château d'If - yuck.

Last edited:

AtTheGates

Banned
I don't think I can ever take a shower without getting cyborg eye - it's just not possible.

Also, I bought these awful Wasa brand multi-grain crackers and I'm pretty sure this is what they feed the prisoners at Château d'If - yuck.

That reminds me of The count of Monte cristo...one of my all time favorite films. Jim Caviezel was good in it.

speaking of france, my cousin spent some time in Paris a few months ago.

Last edited:

I had no idea you were an android. You learn something new every day. :I Never mix electronics and water - especially when you happen to be said electronic.