Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

lina1202

You wouldn't normally think of a socially anxious person to enjoy attention and I normally don't. But in a twisted sort of way all socially anxious people want is attention...to be wanted and to be liked. It hurts when you're ignored yet at the same time fearful of eyes being on you...at least that's how I feel, especially today.

Ithior

Alright, I have scanned all the books I need for next semester. However, one unit has a list of other books that aren't required but suggested. I found a few online, but there's one I can't find online nor at the library. Another important thing is that I noticed there are parts of the program that are only present in these suggested books and not in the mandatory ones, which I found very weird. Maybe they mixed it up?

Door to door sales people are the reason why I hate answering the door.

That, and it's never been for me in the last seven freakin' years.

I often find myself breaking eye contact and looking away when I try to speak objectively. Is that a rude thing to do?

I remember reading men break eye contact more frequently with each other than women do when talking to each other, because staring too long is a sign of aggression. Not sure about opposite genders speaking.

But no, I don't see how that would be interpreted as rude unless you never looked back again. It's about timing I think, although it's supposed to be subconscious and not analyzed to death :p

Last edited:

anomicdeer

Things just feel weird. Things went so wrong and although somehow we don't want to give up but at the same time don't want to go through it any longer, it's still fading away anyway.

At least nature will take it's coarse.

GraybeardGhost

I believe I can honestly say that this has been the absolute worst year of my adult life, with no indication of things ever possibly getting better.

Last edited:
I presently work from home and like to go for long walks because I hate sitting all day. Today, some guy pulled up next to me blasting his music which was some metal song (I was blasting my own music, so I couldn't hear exactly what he was listening to. Also I am wearing a band tee and I'm guessing he was trying to get my attention) - he was driving really slow next to me as I walked and he was just staring at me - talk about awkward. He eventually drove off because I was trying to ignore him (which is rude, I know). As he pulled away he kept looking back at me - in situations like this, I just want to disappear. I never know how to act other than to just ignore people. I also hate when people cat call you while you're walking just to scare you or embarrass you -_-

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Am I weird for wanting to shower twice within the same week? Is there summit in inherently wrong with that? :idontknow:

Am I weird for wanting to shower twice within the same week? Is there summit in inherently wrong with that? :idontknow:

I shower once a day for three days in a row (after work), and once or twice more in the remaining four. It's pretty normal to shower about three to five times a week as far as I know.

Hell, there's even people that shower every morning without it being considered abnormal.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I shower once a day for three days in a row (after work), and once or twice more in the remaining four. It's pretty normal to shower about three to five times a week as far as I know.

Hell, there's even people that shower every morning without it being considered abnormal.
I shower every night! Cannot stand going to bed dirty.

:thumbup: Thanks, ah didn't think it was weird. My family talk a lotta nonsense.

I presently work from home and like to go for long walks because I hate sitting all day. Today, some guy pulled up next to me blasting his music which was some metal song (I was blasting my own music, so I couldn't hear exactly what he was listening to. Also I am wearing a band tee and I'm guessing he was trying to get my attention) - he was driving really slow next to me as I walked and he was just staring at me - talk about awkward. He eventually drove off because I was trying to ignore him (which is rude, I know). As he pulled away he kept looking back at me - in situations like this, I just want to disappear. I never know how to act other than to just ignore people. I also hate when people cat call you while you're walking just to scare you or embarrass you -_-

Not rude at all. Following someone along in a car and staring at them is harassment.