Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Ithior

You know when in movies and so on it starts to rain as a way to tell us that the character is going to have a terrible day? Well, on my first day back to uni the sky is clear, it's a very sunny day. The thing is, apparently it's going to rain a lot (enough to issue a warning), starting at the time my classes start. Seems like a great way to start the year.

I don't feel as anxious to work on projects at school with other people at the moment, after some time I just stop worrying too much about certain things.

Ithior

You know when in movies and so on it starts to rain as a way to tell us that the character is going to have a terrible day? Well, on my first day back to uni the sky is clear, it's a very sunny day. The thing is, apparently it's going to rain a lot (enough to issue a warning), starting at the time my classes start. Seems like a great way to start the year.

Didn't rain at all, but I was prepared anyway.

First day of classes was fine. I was the first one to enter the classroom (there were a couple of people outside, but they're probably from other faculties and didn't know they could just walk in) and got to my favourite spot, the one in the 2nd/middle row, by the window, opposite to the door. As people started coming in, they took the spots with computers (a desk for two has one computer, on the left). When those were taken, they started taking the ones without computers but near the middle, and after that the free spots near the door. As such, no one noticed the chair next to mine was free until the break. I liked being alone for that first period.

At the break I went straight to the bar, which was almost empty, and ate my dinner there in like 7 minutes. I was the only one eating dinner, the other few people there were eating snacks and the majority of people was talking outside. After that I went to the only decent bathroom in the whole faculty (which happens to be right next to that bar) and luckily for my paruresis it was empty, probably because most people don't know it exists (hidden by stairs). I went back to my spot afterwards.

In the second period I had some girl sitting next to me, but she didn't bother me nor chatted with the other guy next to her during class. My stomach didn't growl either. It was a bit boring, but I wasn't nervous.

Overall it was a good first day. I think I might end up being the weird/loner guy because most people were talking to each other during the first break while I ate dinner by myself. To be honest, I kinda like that. I think that's a role I should've had before but never did because I always had friends in my classes, but now I don't. There's no anxiety, no need to please anyone, no need to constantly think what to say next, no need to repress my stomach noises so they don't embarrass me. No anxiety eating dinner with some girl (I usually get nauseated). No anxiety having to explain why I bring a weird orange recipient to eat dinner.

I found this experience really relaxing.

One of my brothers has a drug problem and has had a drug problem for the past 5-6 years. My family treats him like he's a victim. Everything he does, all the things hes stolen, he gets away with scot free. But when I say something, or put the ****er in his place, i get called out for being the bad guy. I want him to go away. Forever.

Soon, I can put all these lunatics behind me and finally live my life.

Ah yes, that celebrated moment when you realize the number of ****s you give about something has decreased significantly, and will likely only continue on until there are no more ****s to be given.

S_Spartan

Ah yes, that celebrated moment when you realize the number of ****s you give about something has decreased significantly, and will likely only continue on until there are no more ****s to be given.

Otherwise known as the ****s to apathy ratio:

****s:apathy

One of my brothers has a drug problem and has had a drug problem for the past 5-6 years. My family treats him like he's a victim. Everything he does, all the things hes stolen, he gets away with scot free. But when I say something, or put the ****er in his place, i get called out for being the bad guy. I want him to go away. Forever.

Soon, I can put all these lunatics behind me and finally live my life.

It shouldn't be like that. Drug problems are severe problems and an awful experience to have- and also to be around as a bystander. But to treat them like blameless victims only enables the behaviour.

Addicts will often adopt the mindset that they're powerless against the addiction. It takes other people and structured tough love (and lots of it) to pull them out of it.

If they are set on enabling him - then there's nothing you can really do about it except hope they see the error of their way. Stay strong.

It's frustrating when you have to wait some time to start feeling better (low mood and blah blah) instead of there being an instant fix. Sometimes changes have to happen over time, but I want to feel better nooowwwwww *whines*

I'm pretty sick of getting depressed, though - does anyone else feel like it's kind of a tired joke that you should just get over once and for all and stop wallowing? Obviously it's not that simple, but it gets REALLY frustrating and pathetic to me.

Last edited:

Ithior

90% of the guys in my classes look the same. They're all a bit tall (for portuguese standards), normal weight, all very similar hairstyles, shaved or a bit of facial hair, and they all wear blue shirts with vertical white stripes (I personally have 2 of those in my closet but I don't like wearing shirts because they look too big on me). I find it really weird that they all wear the same shirt.

On the other hand I'm really casual, just a long-sleeved t-shirt and maybe a sweater. Like I said, I don't think shirts look good on me. I should get them all tailored but that could get expensive, I'd need to have a lot of fixes done to each of them: sleeve length, hem, and get rid of the excess everywhere from arms to torso. Maybe you're thinking "sounds like you need to buy smaller shirts!", but no one sells below S here and I should be wearing XS most of the time.