Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Everytime I make "friends" in a place where I go regularly, a part of me is happy and another part of me is both annoyed and anxious because I'll have to deal with them everytime I go there and if something goes wrong I'll feel like I should stop going there.

Everytime I make "friends" in a place where I go regularly, a part of me is happy and another part of me is both annoyed and anxious because I'll have to deal with them everytime I go there and if something goes wrong I'll feel like I should stop going there.

Yes, I stopped going to a place where I was a regular for similar reasons (1.), and now I feel like I can never go back again because I suddenly stopped going.

(1.) I was a regular at a local cafe, the place and the staff were 'alternative' and I felt comfortable going there until I saw another regular interact with the staff in a very extroverted way, which left me feeling like the quiet weirdo who sits in the corner, the one who smiles but never says anything beyond the basics, the non-conversational one.

So I don't go there anymore

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
^We are alike :p

I was trying to explain this to someone the other day because I stopped going to a little food store for a similar reason, and apparently, I'm crazy

^Yup.

I won't even go to a place I once worked at, even though I left on good terms, because I feel awkward seeing people I worked with who I felt viewed me as quiet/aloof. And they have DAMN good food and coffee. Shame.

Ithior

There are a lot of group works this semester. I don't know anyone, so I'll either stay with others who don't have a group or I'll be put in a group that doesn't have enough members. I don't want to be paired with slackers though, I'm aiming for top of the class for the first time in my life. I have the time, resources, intelligence and for the first time I also have the motivation, so I need to learn as much as I can. I really want to see how far I can go when I am motivated.

There are a lot of group works this semester. I don't know anyone, so I'll either stay with others who don't have a group or I'll be put in a group that doesn't have enough members. I don't want to be paired with slackers though, I'm aiming for top of the class for the first time in my life. I have the time, resources, intelligence and for the first time I also have the motivation, so I need to learn as much as I can. I really want to see how far I can go when I am motivated.

That's great! I wish you luck. :thumbup:

I love when non-Jews try to tell me I'm not Jewish because I'm not religious. Judaism is a religion; being a Jew can be cultural (although technically the mother passes on her Jewish identity and only my father was Jewish, but only religious/strict Jews seem to hold to this).

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
It's frustrating when you have to wait some time to start feeling better (low mood and blah blah) instead of there being an instant fix. Sometimes changes have to happen over time, but I want to feel better nooowwwwww *whines*

I'm pretty sick of getting depressed, though - does anyone else feel like it's kind of a tired joke that you should just get over once and for all and stop wallowing? Obviously it's not that simple, but it gets REALLY frustrating and pathetic to me.

Yea I hear you. Lately I've been up and down like a frikken yo yo.

The worst part is, when I'm down I still know I'm down, I'm aware of the things I should and shouldn't be doing/thinking like negative self talk etc.
But when it feels like my insides are being crushed by a steamroller I really don't give a crap about being positive.

I just want to stop the pain.

MollyBeGood

Thinking back to the first time my best friend and I discover coffee at church camp. We got so buzzed off of it, kept drinking it and laughing the whole night. That was so much fun.