Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Ithior

I don't know why my mum made a facebook post directed at my grandma when she doesn't have facebook and will never see that message.

Anyway, I said this 2 weeks ago:
Grandma almost always passes out when we take her out for lunch or dinner. I'd also say 90% or more of the times she passes out are when she eats out. I don't see why my mum and aunts think it's a good idea to start taking her out for lunch every Sunday.

They took her to lunch today. She passed out again. Who would have thought? It still baffles me why they thought it would be a good idea.

I hate the taste of fresh tomato, but the smell is nice. Why don't they have Garden Fresh Tomato-scented bodywash? :question: Would it be wrong to smell like tomato?

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
My boss keeps sending me new projects to take care of with crazy deadlines saying the client is in a hurry... He sends me the info via e-mail and when I look at the string of conversation I can see that the client made the request ages ago (a month ago in this morning's case), then there was reminders, then there was reminders from the boss of my boss because the client started calling him, and finally he sends the project to me saying it's urgent. and I'm stuck dealing with an angry client and an impossible deadline. Good job boss.

Ithior

I wonder how long should I wait before assuming my code is stuck on an eternal loop. I tried my classmate's code and according to him it always reaches a solution, but I tried it and it takes forever to compute it. He said it took him 1000 iterations, so I stopped the code from running after its 1400 iteration. Mine doesn't really print out its iterations so I have no idea what it is doing. I guess I'll wait like 30 minutes.

GraybeardGhost

Morning thoughts . . .
Dark, brooding silence
Between loneliness and love—
So hard to break through.​
:sad:

Last edited:

MollyBeGood

Life is like a big toilet bowl we are all born into....I don't think I will get any more descriptive than that.

Has someone else already used this metaphor?

I hate Mondays and PMS

MollyBeGood

I hate the taste of fresh tomato, but the smell is nice. Why don't they have Garden Fresh Tomato-scented bodywash? :question: Would it be wrong to smell like tomato?

This made me laugh :)

I think savory foods would be a bit weird to bottle and use as a "perfume"

I do like the smell of fresh tomatoes too, though, reminds me of summer. I was watching a video for a greenhouse that used no heat and you could grow tomatoes at 7,000 ft elevation in the winter. That would amazing.

State_Of_Trance

"So, are you excited about graduating?"

Everyone within a few feet listens in. I want to say something like this:

"Dreading it. Excepting this summer, I've always lived with my family. Now I'll be 13-ish hours away. My major? I picked it arbitrarily. Now I'll be doing stuff I'm not passionate about 40-ish hours a week behind a desk and going to meetings. I'll have income, yeah, but no friends or anything. Hope that answers your question."

Instead I say, "Well, kinda nervous to be honest. *friendly / nervous laugh*"

Last edited:

Steiner

Done with school this semester (nod nod) *highfives himself*

I'm going to start painting I think with my spare time. Actually ordered some stuff that is going to arrive today so I could get started on stuff whenever that gets here!

Haven't really painted in years since highschool so- Should be fun to get into especially in a non-classroom environment with all of the pressures from my peers that I would normally imagine for myself when it comes to judging my own art.

Also got another dog, he's 7 weeks old. Named him Bilbo.

Random music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM2HkxdVBYo

Last edited:
hiccup

Hiccups for 5 hours thus far. I am going insane! My record is about 48 hours. Omg, that was just unimaginable torture. I don't understate these people who have had the hiccups for like 20+ years and still function.It makes me not able to sleep, eat, or be weird without hiccuping after so long. Two days was pure TORTURE, i cannot imagine years. These things better go away by morning! It is 4 am and I need sleep now. I'd have tried far earlier but these FREAKING hiccups for hours.

EW

lol I hate the smell too, and I swear everyone seems to like the freaking things. Anything purely tomato makes me puke, it is beyond disgusting. Me smelling a tomato might end up with several bouts of extreme sickness. Once on a dare in truth or dare I was dared to eat a tomato whole, and just started puking before I could finish it. Sooooooooooooooo weird because I literally LOVE just about any other fruit or vegetable. To be fair I am not fond of the smell or taste. I will only have it as pizza sauce or the smallest bit on pasta. The second worst thing to it is mustard, that makes me puke too. So freaking gross.

Last edited:
Re: EW

lol I hate the smell too, and I swear everyone seems to like the freaking things. Anything purely tomato makes me puke, it is beyond disgusting. Me smelling a tomato might end up with several bouts of extreme sickness. Once on a dare in truth or dare I was dared to eat a tomato whole, and just started puking before I could finish it. Sooooooooooooooo weird because I literally LOVE just about any other fruit or vegetable. To be fair I am not fond of the smell or taste. I will only have it as pizza sauce or the smallest bit on pasta. The second worst thing to it is mustard, that makes me puke too. So freaking gross.

Yeah, same here. I also can't stomach tomatoes and mustard.

I can give you some advice on making the tomatoes a little more tolerable, though. When you cut them in pieces, lets the pieces marinate in a mix of vinegar and salt for few minutes. For some reason this masks/removes that juice taste that makes them so gross, without adding a vinegar and salt taste.

After many dinners, people who love tomatoes haven't noticed anything different taste wise, yet I can eat them without projectile vomiting. It's worth a try.