Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Phoenixx

I hate it when someone tells me "I need to talk to you", "We need to talk", or "I want to tell you something". It automatically gives me the feeling that I want to throw up. :S

And I did not need to know what my cousin just told me. O.O >.>

MrJones

I hate it when someone tells me "I need to talk to you", "We need to talk", or "I want to tell you something". It automatically gives me the feeling that I want to throw up. :S

And I did not need to know what my cousin just told me. O.O >.>

I'm afraid that ... *sigh* ... we need to talk...

B

Beatrice

I was going to complain about how boring my sociology class is right now, but something my professor said caught me. He said that those who serve in the military are not serving their country, that is a preposterous notion; they are serving the interests of those who own Fortune 500 companies. And that this is an "unspeakable" truth, people don't want to acknowledge it.

I don't know what to think anymore. Sometimes the so-called "tinfoil hat wearers" don't seem so far off.

This class is depressing. Or, more accurately, life in this society is depressing.

Last edited:

Dead_on_Arrival

I was going to complain about how boring my sociology class is right now, but something my professor said caught me. He said that those who serve in the military are not serving their country, that is a preposterous notion; they are serving the interests of those who own Fortune 500 companies. And that this is an "unspeakable" truth, people don't want to acknowledge it.

I don't know what to think anymore. Sometimes the so-called "tinfoil hat wearers" don't seem so far off.

This class is depressing. Or, more accurately, life in this society is depressing.

PLEASE refer your professor to me. I would love to rip into him about the military. I hate when people think that way. I gave 8 good years to make a difference. AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH.

PLEASE refer your professor to me. I would love to rip into him about the military. I hate when people think that way. I gave 8 good years to make a difference. AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH.

Nobody joins the military with the intention of serving the big corporations. You join to serve. It's not a statement about the people in the military, it's a statement about the politicians who decide where that military force is used, and more often than not, it's used to defend the interests of big corporations (oil being the most notable example). That's what the professor was trying to say. Nobody is disrespecting the military, just politicians.

coyote

....soldiers have their own reasons for signing up...

yep, i did it for the adventure

it was a much more interesting entry-level job than working at McDonald's

which, if i'm not mistaken, is a Fortune 500 company

Last edited:

coyote

...they are serving the interests of those who own Fortune 500 companies. And that this is an "unspeakable" truth, people don't want to acknowledge it...

another unspeakable truth is that academia is as much in the back pocket of the rich & powerful as any other institution

where does he think the money for his salary and the new library, etc, came from?

universities don't bring in THAT much in tuition

coyote

It is more interesting, but then working at McDonald's there is very little chance of stepping on an IED made out of fairy liquid and losing a leg.

yes, and very rarely to you get to rapel out of a helicopter to check the french fries

or do a halo jump before emptying the grease trap

Mallory

i wonder....can people tell your anxious while walking or out in public or thats just our minds making it seem like that?:confused:

this_portrait

Sometimes, there are things that happen to me that I think are just pure coincidence. But are they REALLY just coincidence? Is there such a thing as fate/destiny? Or am I just doing something that makes those things happen to me? (No, I'm not referring to any negative situations in particular.)