Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

GhastlyCC

My friend and I we're both completely obsessed with DB/DBZ.
I loved those shows so damn much.....still do! But It was like the most important thing ever to me when I was younger.haha.

And then that dragonball evolution movie was made............EW.
OW! MY CHILDHOOD!
I can't even sit through that entire movie....ive tried multiple times.

Last edited:

lonely_drummer

I really can't believe how many others love these shows, it really almost brings a tear to my eye. It really makes me feel that much closer to you guys, Saiyan style!

Shyangel

My friend and I we're both completely obsessed with DB/DBZ.
I loved those shows so damn much.....still do! But It was like the most important thing ever to my when I was younger.haha.

And then that dragonball evolution movie was made............EW.
OW! MY CHILDHOOD!
I can't even sit through that entire movie....ive tried multiple times.

Yup, there was absolutely NOTHING more Important then Dragon Ball Z.
Life revolved around it.

I haven't even tried to watch that movie. Your braver then me.:eek:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I just caught sight of myself in the mirror, and got lost in my own gaze. It almost like it wasn't me I was looking at, but someone else completely. He looked so sad. Lost maybe, tired eyes. He cracked a small smile, modest but sincere. His face told me all about him; more than weeks of introspection could ever tell. I stared for a while, examined everything more closely. It was worth more than the 1000 words I thought to myself, as I doubted I could even articulate what I was seeing. His eyes again, so sunken. The slight purse of the lips. He was staring, but where? I left him staring, wanting to know more. I wished he would have told me what was on his mind.

MikeyC

I was at work at a primary school this afternoon and one of the female teachers was still there when I walked in. She told me I was quiet lately, and she eventually got out of me that I was depressed a lot. We had a small chat about it and I found out she is, too, and she has a small amount of anxiety! She's in her 50's and an assistant principal earning $95,000 a year and I never would've picked it from her. She told me that's our little secret because she doesn't want that to be well-known, so I won't tell any of the others.

She also said if I needed to chat that she would be there, which I'm very thankful for.

Shyangel

I was at work at a primary school this afternoon and one of the female teachers was still there when I walked in. She told me I was quiet lately, and she eventually got out of me that I was depressed a lot. We had a small chat about it and I found out she is, too, and she has a small amount of anxiety! She's in her 50's and an assistant principal earning $95,000 a year and I never would've picked it from her. She told me that's our little secret because she doesn't want that to be well-known, so I won't tell any of the others.

She also said if I needed to chat that she would be there, which I'm very thankful for.

What a sweet insightful woman. I never really thought many people paid attention to how others are doing. It's good to know there are people who are looking out.

If you don't mind me asking, Mikey, what job do you have?

MikeyC

What a sweet insightful woman. I never really thought many people paid attention to how others are doing. It's good to know there are people who are looking out.

If you don't mind me asking, Mikey, what job do you have?
Her and I have a good rapport. We've even gone to breakfast together and she's a nice woman. There's nearly 30 years between us but that hasn't stopped us from being friends. I just would've never picked it from her because she's got a high-paying job with a big house and fancy car. It goes to show you really have no idea about people.

I'm just a janitor. It's kind of a cool job because of the sites I do (Police Station in the mornings are great). I'm in desperate need of a better job if I ever want to move out, but I have no skills or confidence...but that's a discussion for another time.

KiaKaha

Banned
@Mikey - thats exceptional, these kinds of stories bring me so much joy. It was nice of her to pick up on the way that you were feeling. Just goes to show how prevalent anxiety and depression is... its also sad that most people feel they have to hide it....although understandable too.

But well done, thats really good to hear.

MikeyC

@Mikey - thats exceptional, these kinds of stories bring me so much joy. It was nice of her to pick up on the way that you were feeling. Just goes to show how prevalent anxiety and depression is... its also sad that most people feel they have to hide it....although understandable too.

But well done, thats really good to hear.
I think she has to hide it because of mutterings among the other teachers, so I'll respect her privacy and I won't say anything to anyone...not that I would've anyway. I was surprised she picked up on my silence, but she said that she's glad she asked now.

I think I'm more surprised that she said she had it. She's so successful in life with a house and car and good career. She's divorced but she has said in the past she prefers single life. It's interesting that depression and anxiety takes all types.

Shyangel

Her and I have a good rapport. We've even gone to breakfast together and she's a nice woman. There's nearly 30 years between us but that hasn't stopped us from being friends. I just would've never picked it from her because she's got a high-paying job with a big house and fancy car. It goes to show you really have no idea about people.

I'm just a janitor. It's kind of a cool job because of the sites I do (Police Station in the mornings are great). I'm in desperate need of a better job if I ever want to move out, but I have no skills or confidence...but that's a discussion for another time.

Yeah, I wouldn't of saw that coming either. I would think someone with anxiety wouldn't be able to hold such a high pressure job. Just goes to show that people can over come these things, I guess.

At least you have a job. That's really hard for someone with anxiety, I know.
At least your facing your fears and not allowing them to run your life.
I don't and never had a job for the same reasons and more. I really doubt your that bad, Mikey. I'm sure you have lots of skills you just haven't tapped into yet, and probably just aren't recognizing. Your a smart capable guy, you'll figure it out.

KiaKaha

Banned
I think she has to hide it because of mutterings among the other teachers, so I'll respect her privacy and I won't say anything to anyone...not that I would've anyway. I was surprised she picked up on my silence, but she said that she's glad she asked now.

I think I'm more surprised that she said she had it. She's so successful in life with a house and car and good career. She's divorced but she has said in the past she prefers single life. It's interesting that depression and anxiety takes all types.

Yeah. I know - thats why these kinds of problems are so hard to deal with sometimes, you cant be open about it because of stigma - and perhaps lack of understanding. But I am impressed that she had the insight and intuition to pick up on what was going on with you. Thats pretty cool.

I dont think depression and other psychological problems discriminate - everyone is vulnerable, although you are right it is interesting when it appears that someone who has it all, has these kinds of difficulties.

Lol - poor mikey trying to keep up with all the responses...

MikeyC

Yeah, I wouldn't of saw that coming either. I would think someone with anxiety wouldn't be able to hold such a high pressure job. Just goes to show that people can over come these things, I guess.

At least you have a job. That's really hard for someone with anxiety, I know.
At least your facing your fears and not allowing them to run your life.
I don't and never had a job for the same reasons and more. I really doubt your that bad, Mikey. I'm sure you have lots of skills you just haven't tapped into yet, and probably just aren't recognizing. Your a smart capable guy, you'll figure it out.
Yeah, it's crazy, but she's handling it. I don't know how bad her anxiety is and I've never seen any indication that she is like that.

My anxiety is small fry compared to my depression, so I don't have a huge problem having this job. Particularly now that I know all the teachers and the Police and stuff, it makes it a lot easier. I still hate walking past people in a corridor, though, because then I have to acknowledge them and that's hard. Trust me, I have no skills and that's probably going to be my downfall. Thanks, though. :)

Yeah. I know - thats why these kinds of problems are so hard to deal with sometimes, you cant be open about it because of stigma - and perhaps lack of understanding. But I am impressed that she had the insight and intuition to pick up on what was going on with you. Thats pretty cool.

I dont think depression and other psychological problems discriminate - everyone is vulnerable, although you are right it is interesting when it appears that someone who has it all, has these kinds of difficulties.

Lol - poor mikey trying to keep up with all the responses...
I told her it's not like a physical wound that you can see and assess; it's something you can't see. We both said we have a good friend that doesn't understand, so that's comforting to know it's not just me with that problem.

It certainly doesn't discriminate, but with the amount she's achieved and at her age, it's an eye-opener. More people probably have anxiety and depression than I ever anticipated.

Shyangel

Yeah, it's crazy, but she's handling it. I don't know how bad her anxiety is and I've never seen any indication that she is like that.

My anxiety is small fry compared to my depression, so I don't have a huge problem having this job. Particularly now that I know all the teachers and the Police and stuff, it makes it a lot easier. I still hate walking past people in a corridor, though, because then I have to acknowledge them and that's hard. Trust me, I have no skills and that's probably going to be my downfall. Thanks, though. :)

That's great you don't have much anxiety problems with work, it can make things really hard.

I'm not going to trust you on that Mikey, because it's just not true.
I just want to smack you when you say things like that to knock some sense into you. How can you not see that your a smart, well written, kind, witty, and skilled guy. It's obvious!!!! I'm going to put a shock caller on you so when every you say something like that you get shocked, then maybe you would stop.lol

MikeyC

That's great you don't have much anxiety problems with work, it can make things really hard.

I'm not going to trust you on that Mikey, because it's just not true.
I just want to smack you when you say things like that to knock some sense into you. How can you not see that your a smart, well written, kind, witty, and skilled guy. It's obvious!!!! I'm going to put a shock caller on you so when every you say something like that you get shocked, then maybe you would stop.lol
I do have some, especially if I'm passing someone or if I talk to certain people, but it's mostly just depression and a loss of motivation that makes it tough.

::eek:: That's sweet. Thank you. I don't agree with what you're saying but I will take the compliment, even though shock treatment sounds awful. You're way too kind to me.

Shyangel

I do have some, especially if I'm passing someone or if I talk to certain people, but it's mostly just depression and a loss of motivation that makes it tough.

::eek:: That's sweet. Thank you. I don't agree with what you're saying but I will take the compliment, even though shock treatment sounds awful. You're way too kind to me.

I'm not too kind to you, your too mean to you. Mind blower, hu?::p: If you keep going on saying things like this I'm gonna have to hire someone to go to Austailia
And put this shock treatment thing in motion. Don't test me!!

MikeyC

if Inuit have fifty words for snow
why do we not have fifty words for love?
If you find the right person, you'll have 1000 words for love. :)

I'm not too kind to you, your too mean to you. Mind blower, hu?::p: If you keep going on saying things like this I'm gonna have to hire someone to go to Austailia
And put this shock treatment thing in motion. Don't test me!!
I don't know. I think I'm realistic to me. Although I think you should come to Australia anyway. ;)

Why are people from the United States of America called Americans, but people from Canada are called Canadians? Why aren't they Canadans?

Why does my X-Files t-shirt always come out of the washer inside out? I never put it in that way.

Why did my sister's cat choose to come downstairs just now and barf on my rug and then want me to cuddle with her?

Why does the caged bird sing?

I wonder... why, why, why, oh why, you left me, oh Sandy.