Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

truffleshuffle

I felt the same when I had to cut my long hair back in 2008, I still miss it and feel awkward with short hair.

I'll take my chances, it has watermarks. If it is and I'm wrong, oh well.
I used to have long hair but I didn;t have3 to cut it It kinda just ran away lol. I hate going bald.

Roman Legion

I used to have long hair but I didn;t have3 to cut it It kinda just ran away lol. I hate going bald.

Some great people had balding problems, like George Carlin.. His advice on going bald was quite humourous.

I think I'm going to start this semester by using the name Saavik and possibly going by a different name every semester, maybe that can be my thing? :thinking:

truffleshuffle

Some great people had balding problems, like George Carlin.. His advice on going bald was quite humourous.

I think I'm going to start this semester by using the name Saavik and possibly going by a different name every semester, maybe that can be my thing? :thinking:
The only part I hate about being bald is the top is part is basicly going away but the sides still grow some hair. I don;t want to end up looking like bozo the clown or something lol.

Roman Legion

The only part I hate about being bald is the top is part is basicly going away but the sides still grow hair. I don;t want to end up looking like bozo the clown or something lol.

If I started going bald, I'd go for the George Carlin look. :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a--DYssMw90

I think I am going to call myself Saavik and see how people I am forced to deal with take it.

Last edited:

Hoppy

12779_178644602275194_1198937120_n.jpg

A Gecko just ran across my kitchen floor. (my computer is in part of my kitchen)
It stopped a quarter of the way and just looked at me for a second, then scurried the rest of the way to the other room.
They are so cute! :inlove:

Last edited:

Koime

I'm jealous of how graduating high school is seen as a sad thing for most because they don't want to leave each other. I want to experience it myself, but I also don't. I would like an innocent experience.

AsTimeBurns

I'm getting a bit irritated with someone at work recently, because they're so self obsessed and vein, everything is always about them and they talk about themself all the time.

No-one else seems to find it annoying though, so maybe its just me.

I mean, as an example:

This person was planning on going on a cycling trip through another country a few weeks ago, so of course they told pretty much everyone who would listen. It even got to the point where he needed to ring someone from another company about some work related stuff, but they werne't there so left a message on their machine..and he even mentioned it then, on a answer phone message to someone he's never spoken to before in his life... as if they're going to care...

Not to mention the fact that whilst a lot of people have pictures of family or friends on their desks or walls at work... he has pictures of himself.

It's not just me is it? That is really very self obsessed?

I need a new head. This one's no good
Me too and I mean both my physical head as well as my brain
For too many years its been constant bickering & back-and-forth betwen the two heads (prob 3 actually), with them all hating & blaming each other, and then themselves. Head 1, 'poor me, i'm the cause of all this misery' -> head 2, 'yep i fully agree ... no WAIT, things have changed, now its all MY fault' --> head 1, 'NO WAY, without you we'd all be a DISASTER, you are holding everything together ..... CURSE you, i wish you were dead!!! ...... no, CURSE ME, as although you have your fair share of negatives, I HAVE MORE!!' --> head 2, 'i disagree, i've ALWAYS had more issues than you, but on the other hand, right now i think i'm looking PRETTY DARN GOOD yes? .. in fact MAYBE i've ALWAYS been a winner, but i kept putting myself down' --> head 1, 'no, it was MYSELF who was putting YOU down .. it's all my fault .. you'd be SO MUCH BETTER offwithout me' ..... etc, etc, etc. :eek:h:

My sleep schedule has been nearly nocturnal the last few months so I hope I can reach that schedule as well by doing this one!
Same here. Been up for 30 hrs straight now (29 hrs on pc, no real breaks even). Computer has not let me "get away", with constant diversions, never reaching completion (darn web, i blame you mr.www!), and so not allowing myself to leave. but i have eaten & had micro 2-3 min breaks a few times. Sore arms, sore back & neck, sore ass, sore knees - i just keep changing position till sth else gets sore, then change again & wait till THAT part gets sore.

And no matter what i've been trying, my routine keeps to the same general hours. If i stay up till normal ~5-6am i sleep till ~4-5pm, which means by time get some adequate "energy" is night, days over. If i stay up LATE (late morning that is), then i sleep till ~8/so at night. If i skip WHOLE DAY of sleep, then go to bed at night, i i sleep 16/so HOURS so, waking up AGAIN, AT NIGHT, to start my day. I can't win. It always wants to go back to nocturnal hours now. :confused: :kickingmyself:

JackOfSpades

I've always alternated between long and short. Just recently I had started compulsively pulling a bunch out till I left a spot in the back. I still don't know for certain if that's ever coming back in. So I got a #1 crew cut in the mean time, something I'd never ever have considered, and it's so bold and out of character for me, I think it's actually helped my confidence. There's something forward about it. It feels both vulnerable and strong.

knowledgeofself

^ I kept my hair short after it went bald, I hate baldness. I shaved it off completely at one stage and had it like that for a while but it made my anxiety much much worse.
when I was a teen I had hair down to my shoulders same type as say eddie vedder. loved it like that, just cut it shorter as I got older .the longer it was and the thinner it got the more worried about it looking unstylish I became.

truffleshuffle

^ I kept my hair short after it went bald, I hate baldness. I shaved it off completely at one stage and had it like that for a while but it made my anxiety much much worse.
when I was a teen I had hair down to my shoulders same type as say eddie vedder. loved it like that, just cut it shorter as I got older .the longer it was and the thinner it got the more worried about it looking unstylish I became.

That's what I'm doing now since the top of my head has gone basically bald I keep it shaved mostly. I hate the bozo the clown look where I have hair on the sides but not on the top. It might be different if the sides where not thinned out a lot as well. I kinda like the bald look though so it's not that bad but which I had the options of having hair lol.

JackOfSpades

Pearl Jam being my favorite band, I know exactly what you mean. I grow mine like that too and I'm also afraid of keeping it past the point it suits me. And if it doesn't decide to come back in, my okay-ness about it being short now may disappear too. Funny how that works.

knowledgeofself

That's what I'm doing now since the top of my head has gone basically bald I keep it shaved mostly. I hate the bozo the clown look where I have hair on the sides but not on the top. It might be different if the sides where not thinned out a lot as well. I kinda like the bald look though so it's not that bad but which I had the options of having hair lol.

well its good you are comfortable with it, thats the main thing really.
I shaved it for a long time as I know having a wet shaved head is fashionable so I figured if I did want to start dating or socializing I didn't have to worry about that too. but after a while I began to dislike it and it just felt to much like I was naked on my head (lol) if that makes sense? I don't think it suited me either so it made my anxiety worse. I know what you mean about the bozo the clown thing! ,mines got really thin around the sides and back since its all gone on the top and when grown longer at the sides. I have to buy wax to hold it down, the problem is when it gets longer it looks a bit streaky where its thin and kind of patchy. I dunno what to do with it at the moment. just have kept it trimmed with a long setting on a beard trimmer!

Pearl Jam being my favorite band, I know exactly what you mean. I grow mine like that too and I'm also afraid of keeping it past the point it suits me. And if it doesn't decide to come back in, my okay-ness about it being short now may disappear too. Funny how that works.

yea I like some pearl jam. when I had it that long I had an undercut which although wasn't popular at the time seems to be wildly popular now lol. it also had a practical purpose as my hair was wavey and used to stick out quite a bit so it would help flatten it some more,can't do that now though :D. hope it sorts itself out for you.:thumbup:

laure15

I'm typing up 2 school assignments in which I have to write an application letter and an elevator speech promoting myself to a company. Very awkward because I'm making stuff up and exaggerating so many things.