rate the last film you watched

darrens

Just watched Locke .
Probably shudda looked up more about it first maybe wouldnt a been so bad.

Just seen imdb said drama/thriller rated 7.3 or something tom hardy in it,thought can't be bad.

Whole movie in a car talking about Cement, 0/10 worst thing i ever seen,only stuck with it for the first while coz i was sure something was gonna happen,some people love it apparently 0/10.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Gravity - 9.5

Ten minutes in it immediately became one of my favourite movies I've seen to date. I've bought the 3D bluray but watched it in 2D as I've not yet found a satisfactory 3D viewing method, but I can only imagine how exciting it must be. I will definitely have to rewatch it in 3D some time.

From start to finish it's super exciting.

Yea I loved Gravity too :thumbup:

Guardians of the Galaxy [10/10]

It was amazing, really enjoyed it and the soundtrack is good too, these old songs fitted perfectly :thumbup:

Regret93

World's Greatest Dad - 9/10

I've seen it before, but since Robin Williams' passing, I decided to re-watch it. Such a great movie. Bobcat Goldthwait wrote and directed it, and his other film God Bless America is one of my favorite movies, he's got a great dark sense of humor. I won't give anything away, but the whole message of the movie is more reinforced now due to Robin's real-life death. Plus the boy from Spy Kids is just a total deviant in it haha.

Picked up a great quote from it as well:
"I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone."

MotherWolff

Banned
frozen-now-top-grossing-animated-film-of-all-time-know-the-secrets-behind-its-success-and-how-relevant-the-story-is-in-today-s-generation.jpg

A perfect 10 in my book!!:applause::applause::applause:

The Rover [7/10]
This film is not for everyone definitely, but I liked it. I think Robert Pattinson's character in this film is a guy with autism.

I don't get the allure with Frozen... it was a decent Disney movie, but it was no Little Mermaid

I've heard a bunch of negative stuff about it. So much that I'm not even sure whether to get it or not. I haven't seen it yet, so it's a though call.

Would you say it's worth it?

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
^It's entertaining as all the other animation movies are, but as Dottie I didn't understand what's the big deal about it... I suspect media manipulation :p

Ithior

Just watched Blade Runner. Visually speaking, it looks pretty good. I also enjoyed the soundtrack.
Now, plot-wise I thought it was weak. I finished reading "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" a couple of days ago (in case you don't know, Blade Runner is a film adaptation of that book), and Blade Runner completely pales in comparison to the book. I probably would've liked the film better if I hadn't read the book, but since I did read it I felt disappointed when watching the film. I don't even know why it is considered a film adaptation though, there's not much in common between the two.

I rate it a 7/10, I don't see why people call this a masterpiece. I guess they didn't read the book.

Odo

Banned
The Omega Man (1971)

The point of this movie seemed to be that hippies (or as modern right-wingers would say, 'liberals') are a vampire cult that want to destroy everything that makes society great. Meanwhile, Charlton Heston sits in his comfortable luxury palace, raids empty stores in the daylight, and kills the vampires with a machine gun on his way home from the movies.

Being infected with this horrible virus seems to change absolutely nothing about a person except to make them pasty white with sores, call each other 'brother' and hate technology. All of the vampires can still speak articulately, and the only scary thing about them is that they no longer believe that capitalism/technology is great.

Every night, the vampires taunt Charlton Heston and try to kill him, perhaps because he's always shooting them with his machine gun. The stupidest thing about this is that since for all they know he's the only human left, they have no reason to confront him-- he'll die anyways eventually, and confronting him directly only results in more of their 'brothers and sisters' being killed. They don't say that they want to kill him because he's such a **** and he's always killing them, they want him dead so that the 'old world' will go extinct. For some reason, it's really important that he die right away.

This movie is like some sort of weird right wing fantasy like Left Behind but instead of being boring and obnoxious, it's cheesy and dumb.

1/10.

Stonehearst Asylum [7/10]
If you like the movie Shutter Island, then you may enjoy this one as they are a bit similar and Ben Kingsley is in both of them. I liked the twist at the end, worth watching!

Odo

Banned
The Warriors (1979)

Ridiculous, boring, and bad. Why does it have 94% on Rotten Tomatoes? I have no idea. On the other hand, it does have style and the soundtrack is jammin'. But it's crap.

4/10.

Dark Horse (2011)

I love Todd Solondz, and I'm glad he made this movie. He seems to have gotten a lot less bitter. I picture most of the male members of this board being at least a little bit like the protagonist, with his Thundercat collectibles, arrogant exterior that fools no one, vulnerable soul and effortless life-- but I suppose I picture them being less well off. The actor playing this role is brilliant because he doesn't look like an actor, and I don't think he's ever been in anything. This comes close to Greenberg levels of capturing that special mix of awkwardness, pain and the desire to hide it that I can relate to so well.

8/10