rate the last film you watched

Nanita

The One I Love
6/10
During the first couple of minutes, I thought it was some kind of typical rom com, but it quickly evolved into something quite surprising.

MollyBeGood

Starry Eyes 8/10

Really well done movie about what happens to people in Hollywood-the side no one sees. Great lead actress.
It became a bit of a gore-fest towards the end-frightening but very good!

Phoenixx

How To Train Your Dragon 2 -- 9/10

Love love love love love this film! Most of the time sequels, especially those for animated movies, are no where near as good as the first. I loved HTTYD, but this is even better. Saw it in theatres twice when it came out and I couldn't resist going out last week and getting this along with the first movie to add to my collection.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Just watched Blade Runner. Visually speaking, it looks pretty good. I also enjoyed the soundtrack.
Now, plot-wise I thought it was weak. I finished reading "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" a couple of days ago (in case you don't know, Blade Runner is a film adaptation of that book), and Blade Runner completely pales in comparison to the book. I probably would've liked the film better if I hadn't read the book, but since I did read it I felt disappointed when watching the film. I don't even know why it is considered a film adaptation though, there's not much in common between the two.

I rate it a 7/10, I don't see why people call this a masterpiece. I guess they didn't read the book.

If you saw it in 1982, it was very impressive, especially the effects. Seeing it now, it doesn't hold up all that great.

I watched it again a couple of years ago (which is usually not a good idea, as far as revisiting childhood favorites) and had the same kind of impression you did, really.

It's still a cool movie, but no, it's not quite the movie its die-hard fans make it out to be.

Metal_isthe_Answer

Just saw Dumb and Dumber To. I'd give it a 6 of 10. It had some nudges to the first movie and a similar style, but it felt (oddly) more low brow, and it also just felt a bit odd considering the age of the actors.
Up next is the new Hobbit

dannyboy65

Starship Troopers

10/10

I absolutely loved this movie it kept me interested through the entire film. It was full of action, had a great story, and even had funny moments with some touching moments. It was my first time seeing the movie and it is now one of my favorites.

Captain America 2: Winter Soldier - [7.5]

Definitely liked it better than the first one. Captain America always felt like he was somewhat obsolete as a super hero in the first movie. Even in The Avengers he was conveyed as paling in comparison to the others. Here though I felt he came into his own a lot more.

Guardians of the Galaxy - [9]

Kicked Iron Man 1 off my favourite Marvel movie spot before it was even over. One of the few movies I wanted to re-watch on the same day of viewing it. It was corny, stupid, cool, funny and exciting in all the good ways. Deserving of the hype and then some.

Godzilla (2014) - [8]

The complaints I heard about this movie prior to viewing were completely exaggerated. It's one of the reasons why people saying things such as ''it sucks'' or ''it's terrible'' about a form of media have lost their weight as means of expressing one's self. There was more than enough to like, and I actually ended up loving it more than I thought I would. It was great.

Last edited:

MikeyC

Godzilla (2014) - [8]

The complaints I heard about this movie prior to viewing were completely exaggerated. It's one of the reasons why people saying things such as ''it sucks'' or ''it's terrible'' about a form of media have lost their weight as means of expressing one's self. There was more than enough to like, and I actually ended up loving it more than I thought I would. It was great.
Yeah, I really liked this one, as well. It wasn't a perfect movie, but it was nice to see Godzilla back on the big screen again.

Argentum

Predestination - 8/10

The actual synopsis of this movie would sound like a joke, but it's dead-serious and it's impossible to laugh while watching it.

Yeah, I really liked this one, as well. It wasn't a perfect movie, but it was nice to see Godzilla back on the big screen again.

Yeah, definitely. Kind of a shame that the trailer revealed so many cool scenes, though. Their first impressions would have been far more impactful had I seen them in their respective context first.

Grrr, trailers.

Odo

Banned
Whiplash (2014)

JK Simmons has been one of my favorite actors since Oz, where he regularly terrified the hell out of me as a skinhead... and in this movie, he blew me away again. I can't say there will ever be a character as terrifying as Vern Schillinger, but this one came very close.

It was pretty much a perfect film-- the script was clever, the directing elevated it to a masterpiece. There was solid casting, solid acting, great visuals, atmosphere and of course amazing music. I would probably compare it to Black Swan, but without all of the flashy techniques making sure everyone gets the scary mental illness stuff... and more complex characters. Focusing almost exclusively on the two leads was a brilliant decision... and you could feel all of the sweat and blood and bodily damage.

The scene where the 'ordinary' family tries to communicate with the extraordinary talent (that they don't understand and cannot relate to) is priceless. Every scene seems to ask different questions without providing easy answers.

This film is intellectually, emotionally and visually brilliant.

10/10.

PerseverareJasmine

Gone Girl - 9.5

Awesome movie, but by the end of it I felt like I'd ran a marathon.

I really liked it too. It did feel kind of "tiring" in a way, but not in a way that means I think it was boring. For me it was more that all of what happened in the movie sort of left my mind feeling a little worn out. I think that was part of what made the movie so good for me though, feeling at the end that I had gone through the events, having to work out the "clues", and being left feeling jaded in a way like some of the characters, maybe even a little defeated. I'm reading the book now. It was a bit slow in the beginning to me, but its picking up, and I'm liking it so far.

grammarsweet

Last movie I have seen is How to Train Your Dragon 2, I’m entertained surprisingly. It’s a good movie for both kids and adults. I give it a 9/10 rating.

MikeyC

Yeah, definitely. Kind of a shame that the trailer revealed so many cool scenes, though. Their first impressions would have been far more impactful had I seen them in their respective context first.

Grrr, trailers.
Yeah, mate, absolutely hate trailers and I always avert my eyes from the screen when they're on. But yeah, I think Godzilla was decent overall. :)

Nanita

Listen Up Philip
3/10
Begins boring, gets better, is boring again, stays boring.
To me, Jason Schwartzman is annoying in all movies, including this one.
Thank God for Elisabeth Moss who plays his girlfriend, she's quite an awesome actress.

Yeah, mate, absolutely hate trailers and I always avert my eyes from the screen when they're on. But yeah, I think Godzilla was decent overall. :)

I think I fractured two ribs diving out of the way avoiding Guardians of the Galaxy footage/spoilers. It's been a tough six months. :giggle:

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 8

While the odd long titles of these movies always make me laugh, I do really enjoy them per story and story delivery. It's quite different from the first one as well, because where the first one is more science fiction, the second is a lot more about cultural friction.

I'm not gonna lie it has quite a number of clichés, which are more noticeable on the ape side of things, but overall it was quite an interesting movie.