relationships suck

wutnow

There is something very special about seeeing a couple in their 40's-60's holding hands and taking walks. It signifies something completely magical to me and I don't draw the least bit of resentment from it. On the contrary, it gives me encouragement. Likewise with younger people showing affection. Maybe that young couple is experiencing their first true love. Maybe they are so happy, they can't help but hold hands or act goofy. Sure, I might do the 'heavy sigh' routine, but it certainly doesn't make me angry to observe people showing love for each other - if it ever does, I'm done and out.

C'mon, be happy for those people. Watch how they interact, it's a beautiful thing, not something to scorn. It should bring you hope and a renewed vigor to fix whatever is holding you back. I just don't see it as a negative - I see it as something to aspire to.

Man, bitter? No. Hopeful, yes, you gotta believe that.

wutnow

That's cool - I hear you. I'm just thinking that you'll change your mind about it some time. I was also very bitter for many years, or just oblivious/ apathetic. I wasted alot of time. Hope you find love soon.

Horatio

when you see a couple walking down the street and feel jealous and like your missing out, just think how her smile will be wiped off her face when he cheats on her or how his smile will be wiped off his face when she goes to court to win his car and half his house and a lifetimes worth of child support because he couldnt keep his breeches on

yeah maybe thats harsh, but hey its probably more reality than any fairy tale romance.

and before you tell me I dont know what it is like to be rejected... Im 22 and never had a girlfriend, and feel just like you do sometimes, like Im the only one my age in the world who has never dated. and yes Ive felt bitter like you do now, but bitterness does nothing good.

Jealously leads to bitterness, bitterness leads to hate, hate leads to the dark side

(see - I suck at Yoda impersonations)

also bitterness = erases any chance of getting a girl EVER, girls dont dig bitterness (unless your hot, then girls dont care) I just hope it aint too late for me

Remus

Staff member
Horatio said:
also bitterness = erases any chance of getting a girl EVER, girls dont dig bitterness (unless your hot, then girls dont care) I just hope it aint too late for me

that is sooooo true!

annie

God help us if we all had the some views as you MadCat, what a negative person you are.
You are jealous of other people's happiness and that is a fact.
So tomorrow if you had a girlfriend I am sure you will say to her "oh lets not hold hands in public because others will be offended in some way" oh brother get a grip on life man.
Negative people like you always attract negative things into your life and will not find love. Show some love and you might find it, if you are lucky.

annie :roll:

annie

lifesnotfair said:
i cannot be happy for anyone like that i am sorry, i am too bitter to be happy for anyone...

Lifesnotfair we are all aware by now that you are a bitter person....I feel sorry for you :cry:

annie

annie

Horatio said:

Horatio I don't think its too late for you, but for a few others perhaps on this thread....one guess on who I am talking about :?:

annie

MadCat

annie said:
God help us if we all had the some views as you MadCat, what a negative person you are.
You are jealous of other people's happiness and that is a fact.
So tomorrow if you had a girlfriend I am sure you will say to her "oh lets not hold hands in public because others will be offended in some way" oh brother get a grip on life man.
Negative people like you always attract negative things into your life and will not find love. Show some love and you might find it, if you are lucky.

annie :roll:

Ok, I am tempted to respond to this but I am well enough to really get involved in this right now. Have you thought that not everone who comes in here has just SP? The :roll: touch at the end was quite hurtful.

Everything you say means you have no idea how I feel. God help anyone who ever suffered from a severe case of schizophrenia. What you gonna do, tell 'em that they need to get a grip on life? Then do the :roll: bit.

In your little writeup you have done nothing but judge what I am and my existence. You state facts and use "You are".

One reason why I am avoidant is because of people like you who think they know how humans think. I'd guess that animals have the exact same emotions as humans right? I'm quite passive most of the time but doesn't mean you can just take advantage and bitch at me witht he WHAT IS speech.

Horatio I don't think its too late for you, but for a few others perhaps on this thread....one guess on who I am talking about

Now by your previous post it does look like that was aimed at me and someone else. If you do not mean me ignore the rest of this.

It's TOO late for who? Be more specific. Is there even anything wrong with you? I'm starting to question that now. You seem like every other person who there who just thinks they know the start and end of each human life.

If this was any gaming forum you'd be considered a troll right off for such comments. Oh and by your posts to me and lifesnotfair you seem like you lack a huge amount of empathy.

LilMissTragic

How come when a topic like this comes up everyone starts hating everyone else?. Please dont make comments so personal, theres a lot of fragile minds in here. We want to hear everyones opinion but do we really have to hurt others to give it?

LilMissTragic

No need to explain yourself Madcat, I know somethings on here are directed at certain people and you have the right to defend yourself. Its just annoying that some of the threads contain insults and personal attacks. I thought we were supposed to be pulling together to advise and share out thoughts, feelings and opinions. Not to make people feel worse than they are already feeling.

Anyways, lets all play nice :)

Fredscars

i have a bf and im proud of it. i hold his hand, ill cuddle him, kiss him in public. yeh i have people complainingh about my PDA, but as far as im concerned so long as im not bieng extremely offensive (like having my tongue down his throat all the time or fucking him in the street) then im not causing problems. if you dont like it, dont look.
I like to hold his hand and cuddle him ,lean on him because it makes me feel safe.

as for whoever said that relationships that act like that dont last long, ive been with my bf for almost 10months.

MadCat

Fredscarecrow said:
as for whoever said that relationships that act like that dont last long, ive been with my bf for almost 10months.

I think whoever said that means long term relationships. 10 months is not very long for any relationship to unwrap to its full potential. The longer they are, the higher chance that each will get on their nerves and disagree.

I don't mind what you do as long as you aren't making it obvious that you want attention. Sometimes it's hard to not look when someone is right infront of your path.

MadCat

I'm pretty sure that statistics would show that relationships are more likely to end than before or or during a long relationship.

It's like telling me to not listen when someone is talking on their cell phone in public. Most of them raise their voices and I really don't want to listen to a one way conversation. What am I gonna do? shut down my ears?

years and years ago when I was able to go out I had bumped into these attention whores (cellphones, hugging and kissing, etc) right infront of me. There may be some people who are genuine but what I believe and see is mostly one or two people trying to get a msg out.

Annie was brutal in her response. Her attitude was TELLING me what I am and what I can and cannot have.

I will leave it at this because I think that most people don't understand what I am trying to say.

lawyerguy

I must admit that when I see couples on the street holding hands and kissing and being loving I get sad and jealous because I wish I were in their situation. But I don't get angry. Because I know that if I were in their situation I would probably want to do the same thing. I think everyone just needs to have a little empathy. For the perpetually single people (like me) who see couples being happy...we need to realize that if we had someone we would probably be doing the same thing with our significant others. And for you couples out there..you need to realize that not everyone is as happy and fortunate as you..and your PDA makes other people sad that they don't have somoene. I'm not saying don't hug or kiss in public..but just keep us lonely single people in mind. its all about empathy folks! Everyone should step back and put themselves in the shoes of the other person...then we can all get along better..

annie

Hi MadCat,

Okay looks like I have upset you, which is not my intention to hurt anyone. Its not in my nature to be brutal.... :p

I was just concerned with some of your posts, with all that negativity towards other couples. There are lots of people who are not in relationships at the moment. I currently don't have a guy in my life, my choice, and sometimes I am envious of others, not jealous, just envious, but I am happy for others who do have relationships. So they hold hands in the street and perhaps a kiss, that is okay, I think I would get worried if I saw them going for it, if you know what I mean :?:

I know alot of relationships also don't last, but that is life, enjoy the relationship while you can I say and forget about stats mate...oh boy here comes the aussie out of me :roll:

About people using cell phones in public, I agree with you there, some people talk so loud and it is rude and YES we don't want to hear their conversations, basically I would turn around and say, "hey I don't want to hear your conversation, so be discreet please". Don't shut your ears MadCat, just tell em to tone it down.

I am sorry you think I was brutal in my post.
Can I just give you some advice? I can hear you saying NO...DON'T NEED IT THANK YOU....but I am going to anyway...open your heart and let people into your life, break down that wall you have around you, yes you might get hurt, God knows how many times I have been hurt, but you learn from this and become a stronger person, plus one day you might find someone you will share your life with, plus makes some friends.

Cheers
annie from downunder, just as well, as I can see MadCat chasing annie...gonna get you girl. :wink:

Remus

Staff member
Christ!

have I landed on the planet negative!

tell you what, I've had four relationships that have gone tits up, given the same time over, I'd still do them again! warts and all!

guess I gotta quote this:

Better to have loved and lost ,than to never have loved atall

and fred ....good for you mate! you snog him in public all you can :)[/quote]

MadCat

Hey Annie,

When you say it is not in your nature to be brutal, do you mean to a certain kind of people?

I have bigger issues right now than to worry about people's PDA. Infact, I don't even go out, so I can't really comment on that. I still don't see the need for it.

As for speaking up against with someone on a cellular......

I could never do that. There is a reason why I haven't been outside in 4 years.

As for your advice, it's pretty good for most people. For me, it results in greater disability and pain.

If I were to tear down that wall I would of killed myself years ago. Just because I am in a SP/SA forum does not mean it is all that is wrong with me. Not only do I have problem with social performance I have a problem with relationships.

Hypersensitive you see. Breaking down that wall will come later on in life, maybe 30 years from now. It is not something that is on my list of things.

There are pre-requisites to be met first.

Now on the subject of PDA, I don't like it. If I was able to go out at all and even manage to talk to someone like that, I'd probably say something like-

"Oh please. Give me a break" and roll my eyes. I cannot stop my belief that these are SOCIAL things. Why do people wear makeup? Oh to feel good about themselves. Why do they do it before going out? Oh cause it makes them feel better about themselves..Yeah, if that's what they say.

I'm only trying to get my opinion out. I can see that people are on a different planet than me so I try to keep quiet.

You seem to have a high self-confidence Annie, which is ok, but don't try to do that around someone who has a very low self-confidence. It's not a really good idea.

I will just leave it at that. I won't be posting anymore in this thread because of all the responses I seem to be getting. It's making my depression worse than it was before.

lifesnotfair

Horatio I don't think its too late for you, but for a few others perhaps on this thread....one guess on who I am talking about

annie

what is this suppose to mean???

if you are referring to me, do not get me started.....