relationships suck

MadCat

And you know exactly what reality is? How do you know your reality is not twisted? I'm not going to get into a debate about this but how do you think I feel about most of the people? Even though I think someone may have a different view of reality, I don't think it's twisted.

What matters is what I know, think and believe my reality is.....everyone has that right!

Reality is subjective.

Remus

Staff member
it just sounds similar to a psychotics veiw of the world.

do you think the rest of the world is insane or something?

you seem to have an extreme view that appears very distorted to normality, like you said :

I grew up in a world where adults are horrible, selfish, uncaring, rejecting and cruel. I applied that to everyone and that is my beliefs.

have you become one of these adults?

I feel concerned that you appear so resentful and bitter. Has your shrink thrown any light on this?

MadCat

The rest of the world is not insane based on my beliefs..ignorance seems to cause all of what I said (horrible, selfish, etc) in these people.

Face it, society has developed into something that mistreats people who are not equipped for it. Yes, there are a few THAT care, but that's like a very small %.

I'm not able to trust anyone when the highest chance is that they are gonna do something to damage me even more. I am not out of touch of reality at all, infact I am quite INTOUCH with it.

Normality is pretty silly too to me. I mean, what is normal? I am normal to myself. Are you normal?

I think what I am trying to get out is that the view of normality is what often has a very negative impact on the lives of those who are considered the opposite.

And you ask if I became one of those adults, which I must answer YES too. I will not lie about that. The fact remains that people who are considered "normal" do not deserve anything else from me. They do the exact same thing to me and I am not going to treat them in any other way then what they do to myself. When someone understands me and accepts me for who I am, I AM nothing like that. It is the misunderstanding or ignorance which makes me fight back.

If it were to be psychosis it'd be a very minor case. It's my personality man!!!

So in the end I will not hurt another person unless they plan on hurting me first.

MadCat

No and I don't plan to either. Trust issues you see.

I can only share it on here because I was feeling threatened, but my words come out in a way that I would never describe if I was careful.

Remus, this has something to do with having extremely high standards of people and myself too. I just cannot feel good about anything I do or anything other people do.

They gotta be perfect and I gotta be perfect to trust anyone. I am aware these are negative things but they don't stop me. I wouldn't worry about it man I'm only here becauase I am trying to learn about society and how it works more.

I am unable to learn from people who are considered normal and very social because it is too intimidating. SA/SP seems something that I can relate to in a limited way but also feel less threatened. I am constantly learning about the differences in people and how they look at their own problems. It doesn't really help me at all except perhaps discovering why you and everyone else may be like the way you are. To me, you're all unique. Each person here is unique and a good wealth of knowledge.

If knowledge is power then I'm after the source first, not the outcome.

MadCat

Lmao I don't have OCD. Trust me, I don't.

As for the hurt. maybe I didn't say it exactly as I wanted to. If you believe that by my comment I meant I simply CANNOT hurt another human, then yes that's utopia. I hurt people all the time and it has nothing to do with perfection.

Society isn't perfect and life isn't perfect and most of all it should not be perfect. It is SOCIETY who will not accept me in the first place. If they would stop and accept me for the way I am I would not hold up such high standards.

And yes, I blame society and everyone else. It's pretty common with personality disorders. On the relate area, at least I can say that I am trying to relate to others, which most people won't even bother.

There's probably no point in trying to have this sort of communication with me because I pretty much won't listen to other people if they can't even bother to try and relate to my reality.

I'm going to stop here because I know when a person becomes a threat to me. Thanks for your concern though..

Good luck

MadCat

I agree with alot of what you said. I get very defensive when people start talking to me about my own problems. It has never resulted in anything good in the passed so I automatically jump into defensive mode.

People first, society next. I agree with you on that.

That is how I am trying to look at it recently and ultimately want to see it as just that. So far I keep seeing society in people and it triggers me to put society first. It's something I must learn to change.

Fredscars

Masterpiece2 said:
I'm certainly not a threat to you or anybody but to myself.( i reckon i tend to sound offensive, this is not my intention in most of the cases-see: taijin kyofusho thread) At least you recognize the concern part.
What are u expecting from society? why not start seeing persons instead of a whole society. i certainly dont care if the future is not what i thought.
There no perfect society but this one. this one is perfect as it it, imperfect.
(If) in a perfect society everybody would be accepted equal, we would be dealing with murderers everyday without doing anything about it cause it would be "normal" because the killer is "being himself". so we have to stand him. well, this is not the case, but in some ways people stand politicians wich take money and some of them also murder by starting wars, so maybe this society where everybody is accepted is become a reality. Well certainly you are not a killer, so you can fit in this society if you take enough effort. sorry about the creepy example. but i think persons are first, then society. my interest is on persons, the individual then i think on countries and other crap. i cant see how somebody can go put himself in the middle of a war to fight for plain and simple MONEY for somebody else. i couldn't fight for such a cause as "a country" but for a person i would love. after all countries economys are relative to leader's decisions, so if they mess with the money in the future, the "effort" (pullin a trigger) of soldiers is kind od useless.
very off topic now., resume = persons before society. bye. who can tell whats good and evil but each one of us in different ways.
you make extremely thoughtful posts mate

lifesnotfair

i hate people holding hands, i hate love, i hate seeing it all over the place.. JUST HATE IT. i cannot be happy when i see people like that, i just hate it

Fredscars

lifesnotfair said:
i hate people holding hands, i hate love, i hate seeing it all over the place.. JUST HATE IT. i cannot be happy when i see people like that, i just hate it

then that is your view on it, and no-one but yourself can change that.
Personally i can have had an awful day/period of whatever length of time, ill see my boyfriend and just hold his hand and it just makes me so happy.
I'm lucky to have that, as are the other people who have it..but..
would you hate it, if you had that situation yourself? it seems so wrong to grudge people who have somehting that you want, just because you cant have it.

Thats like seeing a well off family and hating them because theyre well off, when all you want to be is well off...
instead of hating that, inspire for it.
Hate brings nothing but more emotional pressure, not caring releases you as you have no thoughts or feeling about a matter.

Its so cheesy to say, but positive thoughts create a positive person.
Im not positive, i see most things negitavely, but im trying, if i think something bad like 'god i hate people who are amazingly pretty' its 'yeh so im not as pretty as them, but i could change my hair, my face if i really wanted to..but do i want to? no, not really'

As ive said before (so excuse me for repeating myself) don't hate poeple because theyve found what youre looking for, the majority of them will have worked damn hard for it (im not saying you havent) but just dont hate them because theyve succeeded, they have every right to show off what theyve accomplished, just as rich people buy big houses, the only difference being, they cant give it to charity.

masterpiece2: 8)

lifesnotfair

how can one be happy or think positive about something or someone when you see other people having more fun than you, or feel s though nothing is going to get better, or what. I can't stand that other people have things better than i do.

Don't tell me that good looks, money and a good personality has to do with it i know it does, and i don't have any of those. I got picked on at school for those things, and still do..

Fredscars

i was told throughout first and middleschool ,and by rhe people in my nweighbiur hood that i was real ugly, Now a few guys tell me different, Most however, have the same opinion.
Maybe you just aint met the right people.
Generally, yes, people suck, they rude, offensive and nort worth knowing, you just gotto keep searching, if you really want it, for those very few people who are actually worth knowing.

MadCat

It appears that you view lifesnotfair as being a selfish and attention seeking self-pitiful person. I don't see any of that!

I see someone who is having a very hard time in life and finding it hard to accept what they cannot have. Society DOES rub these things in our faces because they have lack of empathy on most parts when it comes ot stuff they don't want to understand.

This is exactly why the tazmanian tiger ie extinct and the japanese wolves are long gone. There's profits to be made on the misfortunes of others, AND I do include animals as others. Now I'll move on to the next thing...

As ive said before (so excuse me for repeating myself) don't hate poeple because theyve found what youre looking for

I could write a huge response to this bit alone but I'll keep it brief. I think this view is why people like me and lifesnotfair are unable to really get better on our own. People are constantly rubbing it on our faces and what makes it even worse is half of these people haven't even had more than 1 bad day and they still get to be in a relationship.

It's like medicine. It should be given to the sick first and healthy later. I like to view this the same with love.

The sick need it more not some guy who has a good job and is able to function pretty healthy. So this blame can go on both people in the relationship. I have no problem with people who need to have a relationship to be happy but there's more sick people who need it even more. PDA is a pretty selfish thing to me because it makes one completely unaware of the hurt that can happen to others. Having a girlfriend/boyfriend if you're ill is considered a very lucky thing and unlucky people who are ill do not WANT to see it because for people who suffer from mental illness, depression, anxiety, etc it can really make them feel even more down.

As I said in another post, the only thing that keeps me going is flaw in my personality (a pretty big one) and no one can ever tell me I haven't worked for it. I'm still here when many would be at the bottom of a grave already.

Fredscars

i dotn disagree with the fact that the sick, or the disabled (mentally or physically) perhpas need a partner more than some dude who has everyhting, but find me someone who does not have at least one problem. People who have been raped, abused, who have mucked their life up cos theyre on drugs, got pregnant as a teenager, in thousands of pounds of debts..i couls go on. they ALL have problems, they all find live a problem, cos yeh, life is shitty, BUT because they arent 'ill' they dont deseve to have a partner.

Im not degrading you, or lifesnotfair, or anyone. I can you have problems, are sturggling with things. Sure you deserve to have everything you want..but so does everyone else.

Travis88

I think a relationship would be great, i dont hate everyone in one im just jelous of them. :cry: I feel like that will never happen to me.

MadCat

When problems become or cause a mental illness they need more attention. People with just "problems" need a relationship probably far less than those who have mental illness and are very lonely.

Fredscars

im not sure i agree with that, but hey
im going to leave this conversation now. Simply because ive said everything i wanted to say, and this is making me very nervous, for fear that i will say somehting drastically wrong (i have a sharp mouth sometimes) and also for fear that someones going to have a huge go at me
its been an interesting talk however...