Shy Metalheads??? Am I the only one?

Lost Girl

Ooh, good choice! Which album do you love the most? I have all of them. :)

Oh I LOVE YOU! Right now my favourite is L'Enfant Sauvage. that album is just soooo perfect, it's.. I'm getting so excited just thinking about it. but I do love all the albums of theirs that I have heard..my second favourite....From Mars to Sirius, probably. What's your favourite? I love you

MikeyC

Oh I LOVE YOU! Right now my favourite is L'Enfant Sauvage. that album is just soooo perfect, it's.. I'm getting so excited just thinking about it. but I do love all the albums of theirs that I have heard..my second favourite....From Mars to Sirius, probably. What's your favourite? I love you
L'enfant Sauvage is pretty great, I have to admit. "Explosia" is a fantastic opener, and "The Gift of Guilt" is just great, too! The ending to "Planned Obsolescence" is super catchy. Just loads of good songs.

My favourite? Hmmm...not sure! I really liked The Way of All Flesh, but to separate them is not possible, haha. I guess I'll go with that album because "Toxic Garbage Island," "A Sight to Behold," and the awesome "The Art of Dying" stand out a great deal.

EDIT: I love you, too. ::p:

Ithior

I used to listen to symphonic/melodic/power metal but I eventually grew into something a bit more light (though still along the same lines). My favourites were Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Kamelot. I also liked Elvenking (up to the Two Tragedy Poets album, didn't like what came after). My favourite overall album was Fairyland's Score to a New Beginning.

Now I kinda feel like listening to it again.

Rawz

Gojira and Katatonia--I like them both. Unfortunately I don't have all the albums of either band. I even listened to any songs off of Gojira's latest album. I am trying to learn so much right now.

Lost Girl

L'enfant Sauvage is pretty great, I have to admit. "Explosia" is a fantastic opener, and "The Gift of Guilt" is just great, too! The ending to "Planned Obsolescence" is super catchy. Just loads of good songs.

My favourite? Hmmm...not sure! I really liked The Way of All Flesh, but to separate them is not possible, haha. I guess I'll go with that album because "Toxic Garbage Island," "A Sight to Behold," and the awesome "The Art of Dying" stand out a great deal.

EDIT: I love you, too. ::p:

Yes! The gift of guilt stood out to me from the very first play but The Axe has become my favourite from that album - that song does things to me. Every song on that album though, ugh <3 Toxic Garbage Island is one of my favourite favourite songs - plastic bag in the seeeeaaaaaa :D Awesome, coming across a fellow Gojira -appreciator is a much rarer occurance then it should be. This interaction has made me very happy ^_^

EDIT: I JUST NOTICED THAT YOU'RE IN AUSTRALIA. I live on the central coast. Next time Gojira come down here, we'll go to the concert together, yes? I mean we already love each other sooo.... OKAY WE'LL GO TO THE CONCERT. Thats been one of my biggest dilemmas - if and when Gojira come back down here, who could I go with? And the answer is no one, because I don't know even one person who likes them or even concerts at all, and I can't go by myself! Thank you. This is amazing.

Last edited:

Lost Girl

Gojira and Katatonia--I like them both. Unfortunately I don't have all the albums of either band. I even listened to any songs off of Gojira's latest album. I am trying to learn so much right now.

:D I love you! Do check out L'Enfant Sauvage, its fantastic.

MikeyC

Yes! The gift of guilt stood out to me from the very first play but The Axe has become my favourite from that album - that song does things to me. Every song on that album though, ugh <3 Toxic Garbage Island is one of my favourite favourite songs - plastic bag in the seeeeaaaaaa :D Awesome, coming across a fellow Gojira -appreciator is a much rarer occurance then it should be. This interaction has made me very happy ^_^

EDIT: I JUST NOTICED THAT YOU'RE IN AUSTRALIA. I live on the central coast. Next time Gojira come down here, we'll go to the concert together, yes? I mean we already love each other sooo.... OKAY WE'LL GO TO THE CONCERT. Thats been one of my biggest dilemmas - if and when Gojira come back down here, who could I go with? And the answer is no one, because I don't know even one person who likes them or even concerts at all, and I can't go by myself! Thank you. This is amazing.
The day Gojira come to Australia will likely be a cool day in Hell, haha. However, I'm definitely cool with going with you, because I usually go to metal gigs on my own, since I can never find anyone to go with locally. We'll have to keep an eye out for when Gojira come to Sydney. :)

I agree that every song on L'enfant Sauvage is really good, but "Explosia" and "The Gift of Guilt" are the two that stand out for me. "Toxic Garbage Island" has a great main riff that sounds a bit choppy, but it works wonders. I'm also a massive, massive fan of "Into the Wilderness" from From Mars to Sirius - my possible favourite track from that album, all because of the fade-out ending riff. Wow.

I'm happy to hear that "The Axe" does things to you, haha!

MikeyC

http://www.gojira-music.com/tour

Wow, so I just checked and they're playing Soundwave in Australia, like, right now! Amazing.

BUT they're playing at the Roundhouse on the 24th - 4 days from now! I think that's a sideshow from their Soundwave duties. Might be a good idea to go to that! It IS a Monday night, though.

Wait...$73 a ticket? Jesus....

Rawz

Possibly, I don't know ::p:

The latest Metal album I am currently checking out is Soreption's 2014 release Engineering the Void. Tech Death Metal. Fairly new band. The first 2014 Metal release I have listened to.

MikeyC

I have heard of Soreption but I haven't got any of their stuff. I should hunt that out, too.

anomicdeer

I wouldn't say I'm a metal head but I love metal and I'm too shy to headbanger around anyone... Maybe even myself.

Rawz

Anyone have any upcoming releases they're looking forward to? Here's my list:

Ghoul - Hang Ten
Autopsy - Tourniquets, Hacksaws & Graves
Cormorant - Earth Diver
Brutally Deceased - Black Infernal Vortex
Desecresy - Chasmic Transcendence