Shy Metalheads??? Am I the only one?

Rawz

I've been checking out more metal bands recently. It's almost all I've been listening to for awhile now. I finally checked out Aspid (the Russian one). Great Thrash. Also checked out a Sadus album. Great stuff, need to get more.

On another forum someone posted about Total Devastation's Satama (I guess to let people know that it's out?). I can't comment on lyric quality, but I really like the sound it has. It's really, really distorted. I really like it. I've never heard about TD before and the albums of theirs that are available on Amazon can be had for really cheap, so it doesn't seem like a popular or very liked band.

Also checked out Vindicator. There's a lot of Megadeth in United We Fall.

MikeyC

I've been checking out more metal bands recently. It's almost all I've been listening to for awhile now. I finally checked out Aspid (the Russian one). Great Thrash. Also checked out a Sadus album. Great stuff, need to get more.
Aspid and early Sadus are really awesome!

Rawz

I've been checking out a lot of stuff lately. I was on metal archives and found out that Revocation released an EP in 2012 that I didn't know about, so I got that. I really like it, Revocation is awesome.

Also found out that Deathspell Omega had released an EP in 2012, also great.

I decided to check out Sylosis' latest album. I never really got into their 2011 release, but their latest is good. I'm really liking it.

Rawz

Just discovered Abnormality and am really liking their first CD, Contaminating The Hive Mind.

New Suffocation is good.

Also decided to check out Animals As Leaders and Blotted Science.

MikeyC

New Suffocation is good.
Pinnacle of Bedlam sounds like it's going to be a little bit different to their other stuff, but I didn't mind the song or two that I heard. It's going to need a few more listens.

New Defeated Sanity is really great. I'm loving it. New Katalepsy, Rings of Saturn, and Arkaik is great, too. Latest Cryptopsy album shows that they're back on the horse after two abysmal albums. Good time to be a (brutal) death metal fan!

MikeyC

Does anyone remember Cryptopsy? You know, the band who released two bad albums in a row? Once Was Not had weird production and an annoying snare drum, and The Unspoken King was okay for the first three tracks before diving into awful territory from then on.

Their latest self-titled sees them doing a lot better. I really enjoy the opening track, "Two-Pound Torch." Cool leads.

Cryptopsy - Two-Pound Torch - YouTube