Shy Metalheads??? Am I the only one?

Nathália

I don't know how it's weird, I like the singing styles and instrumentals more compared to modern music. I focus on vocals, but a majority of the time vocals have to be melodic like the instruments/beats in the songs. I was a tot in the 90's I've just gotten into this music over the last few years because heavy rock music was feared to be Satan worshiping music :rolleyes:. I've always liked lighter punk music that was popular such as no doubt, red hot chilli peppers and nirvana, but I've done research to listen to heavier music now ( thank goodness for the internet) . I grew up on a lot of blues ,jazz, funk, and doo-woop, so getting into psychedelic and similar genres was easy. I don't think your music style is weird at all. I like the first song because of the instrumental and I love the way she sings...the lyrics are funny:D It's okay because favorite artist/songs have weird lyrics, it's just how the music comes together with the singing that makes it amazing. I do like female punk singers, like in the second video.

Rawz

Checking out Ulcerate The Destroyers of All. I have heard of Ulcerate before but never checked them out. Good stuff.

Rawz

Finally checking out Nile's Discography. Not sure why I didn't sooner, good stuff. Didn't know they were Tech. Death Metal.

Also checking out Non Serviam by Rotting Christ.

MikeyC

Checking out Ulcerate The Destroyers of All. I have heard of Ulcerate before but never checked them out. Good stuff.
Ulcerate are a tough band to listen to all the time, but I really like them. Everything Is Fire is probably a touch better than The Destroyers Of All, but they're both really good, I reckon.

Also checking out Non Serviam by Rotting Christ.
Yeah, cool album. :)

Rawz

Thought I'd check out Descent Into Chaos by Legion of The Damned, so I'm listening to that now.

Rawz

I have been on a Metal kick lately. It's almost all I have been listening to. :)

I'm not sure why, but I have never checked out Napalm Death, so I'm going to start checking out their stuff. I just got Harmony Corruption.

dyingtolive

i love arch enemy too, though i know some ppl dont like them becoz they have some albums that are not too good, they do have a lot of great songs. i came from being more of a progressive rock/metal fan when i first heard of arch enemy. first i was blown away by the singer and prior to hearing her, never appreciated one band that growled. She was the one who made me accustomed to the world of growling.

These are my faves:

Arch Enemy - Lament of a Mortal Soul - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rhHqvp11eA
ARCH ENEMY - Ravenous (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube

ARCH ENEMY-End Of The Line - YouTube

Arch Enemy - Exist to exit - YouTube

Arch Enemy - Silent Wars - YouTube

ARCH ENEMY - Yesterday Is Dead And Gone (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube

Arch Enemy - No Gods, No Masters - YouTube

psych

Freddy Vs. Jason:Original Motion Picture Soundtrack: Track #14 "Swinging the Dead" DevilDriver - YouTube

Mudvayne - Death Blooms - YouTube

Ministry - Jesus Built My Hotrod (Video Version) - YouTube

Sepultura - Policia - YouTube

music049.gif
music341.gif