What is Love?

lucidity

I feel the same way as you Angie.
I always see the best in people. It's gotten to the point where I have a lot of negative and bad people around me because I just see the good in them and I fail to see how bad they make me feel.
One thing i know for sure is that I DON'T love myself. But that doesn't make me sad or anything. It's just a fact.

itchy

I think Love is the best answer to the question, what's the meaning of life. I think most things, maybe even all things boil down to love. All our motivations and desires, we all want love on some level, in some form. Love isn't just boy/ girl romantic type love...it comes in lots of forms. I love cereal, I love music, I love my family. Also, helping someone out when you really don't want to and you totally don't feel like it...that's love in my opinion. In fact that's maybe the most important love of all, when you put other's first, at the expense of your own personal comfort and convenience. The reason people feel shitty is usually due to a lack of love in some form. But I reckon the Beatles were right when they said the love you take is equal to the love you make. It's just that having SAD makes that a whole bunch harder...but I have faith that God weigh's up our efforts to give love according to our individual circumstances and will repay us justly. x

tommydog

a great song is the single recently released by ricki lee.

if your in australia definetly check it out !

i have it blasting in my car ... along side che fu, warren g, hilltop hoods, master p .. you get the idea .. everyone that gets in my car and hears ricki lee has a good ol laugh lol but its a great song, and for me, thats what love is :D

logitechdog

love used in the right term would be i love this person because " " but can not be described by lust, like. Love is when u feel strongly about someone or something , i'e I love Strawberrys as they are so juicy -but i don't lust it "to eat it fast" - or like it "as its a strawberry", I love it "no matter how much money u give me for it im still going to eat it" - lust "not here but round back ill take your offer", like "yep deal"

love is a powerfull word to use & should not be said unless you truly mean it "& not be tempted by anything on this earth to trade for it"

but then to people its just like a marriage

Boundless

pixiescry said:
HereAndNow said:
Love is just another 4 letter word.

love is just another four letter word... as is evil :)

(sorry i'll give it a rest now :( )

xx

Aww,love may be evil but you love me loads :p

Wait...does that actualy mean you hate me 8O

LittleMissScareAll

I just found this "Becker" quote on romance, and remembered how much I loved it and agree with it. :lol:

"Romance is nothing more than the little morsel of cheese in a mousetrap that lures you into a position where the spring-loaded bar of reality snaps down on your neck. Romance sucks."

Becker is always so right about everything. :wink:

Danfalc

Banned
I personaly think love is about caring for a person as they are,loving and accpeting them as they are.. the good and bad.I also think honesty is a big part of love.. i think you should be able to confide in your true love without fear of judgement or being wrong, and be able to work around personal and life's problems openly with each other.This is probaly more about relationships in general than love.. but i think its important to be able to argue.. and the relationship not fall apart.Even if you love someone... no one is perfect and people are going to disagree make mistakes and upset each other.. so yeah.. the strength to survive life's little ups and downs and each others faults is a big part of it aswell i think.

sweetsour_eisha

wow
that's a lot of saying about love

if u can't breath without it then u're trap in a force u know yet unknown?
what shit am i talking..
never mind .. is it sth like the star wars thing
it reminds me of that.. the darth vader's evil breath

hhhhhhhhhhhh

aussieboy

i believe that many people mistake love as the initial feelings experienced when in " the honeymoon stage " which inevitably diminish. i believe love is the choice to accept someone for their faults and to work alongside and spiritually nurture and be nurtured spiritually for the development and evolution of our souls. it is trult a beautifull thing

Oddball

I've never been in love so I wouldn't really know..It seems like a really great thing. I hope I do fall in love someday because I feel so empty inside, and it hurts, I know in the end love will hurt you even more but still I want it be apart of my life atleast once.

Peacefinder

hope

Now I know most of you won't like my comment, but God is Love.

this is from the Bible.
1 John 4:7-

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is Love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved (loves) us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

Unless you accept Jesus in your life you will not experience real love. We are dead to love until we come out of the darkness and that can only be achieved by asking Him in.

There something bigger than us going on.....but you can't see it until your blindfold is taken off.

I know I sound like the x-files or something but its true. When you accept Him you can see clearly the spiritual battle going on for our souls as well as God's love for us.

http://wayofthemaster.com/
[/i]

blubs

um...I think love is when you want what's best for the person you're with...and you stop thinking about yourself all the time....
among other stuff....
like them making you feel happy