What is Love?

Peacefinder

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

This is one of my favorite verses in the Bible

Peacefinder

love

absolutely!! yes, finally someone understands what I've been trying to share here.

Your blindfold has been removed, congratulations!!

renegade

This is really a tough question...

Well, let's start with a quote someone here said:

''I think Love is the best answer to the question, what's the meaning of life''

I tottaly agree :D Love really is the meaning of life.

True love is the most beautifull state of mind and soul I ever exprienced. Love is the cure for depression. Love is the treatment for all minor diseases also. Love is like a wonderfull dream you never want to wake up from.

When the person you love doesn't share this feeling with you, love becomes pure hell. That was my first true love, a one sided one.

My second true love was the complete opposite. Love feels like you cannot live without the other person, having her all the time by your side. Love doesn't see your partner's bad sides, only your rational thinking does, but it doesn't matter cause you think with your heart when you really love someone.

For me, the girl who loved me was the most beautifull thing that happened to me, suddently life started making sence, so it really is the meaning of life :wink:

Love meant for me not caring how much money I spent on transport or on gifts as long I made her happy, not caring if I don't sleep one night and instead hugging, cuddling and kissing and waking up the second day tired as hell.

On the other hand, love means trusting eachother, helping and being able to open up completley to the other. Love includes friendship and all that this involves.

For me, being psichicaly away from the girl I loved and still love (and try to let her go from my mind) was pure torture. Love means being unable to live without the other.

So you really feel like living life, and I think that is the reason why LOVE is very similar to LIVE, and the opposite of it, EVIL, is not having someone to share this beautifull feeling, it makes sence to me. :lol:

Hope all of you can at least once in your life time share true love. :wink:

To me love is wonderful. Even though I haven't felt as much love as I wanted to, I feel that the love I have for others is great. Even the love for myself is great. The opposite of love is fear.

Si

Hi people.When I look at the world today and see how messed up it is and see how the word love is used so freely and loosely I am reminded by the true defintion of love in the bible at 1st Corinthians Ch 13 v 4.... Love is patient, Love is kind,it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.It is not rude, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.It always protects,always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.Love never fails. People these are the standards that love is measured by.So when you hear the word or use the word love, does it measure up to this.If not, then it is not love.If we truly meant it when we said it wouldn't the world be a better place ? :)

Silentnoise

I think that their is love.. the love for yourself or family members is a real thing, i think its really hard to reach the point where you can really say you love the person you are especially when most of us have our own demons to tackel.

Sorry for the rant but i guess what im getting at is theirs diffent kinds of love.. sexual / relationship "love" is often a forced thing. Ive forced it im sure.. i think any sort of real relationship love boils down to being comfortable and content with sombody. its a similar argument to spirtuality about wether or not its actually out their. Whats important is what you believe or dont believe, if you think something / somebody is out their for you then keep thinking that but dont torture your self over it and dont force anything.

newshyguy

i have never experienced falling in love with someone, therefore i cant talk about this topic :(

many of you sound like mean people

newshyguy

Ok, Zoshima here it goes:

you guys sound mean and cold - its like you got no love in you, are you guys evil or something

renegade

I agree with all that cutefluffykitten said, especially the last one.

Btw, did u mean 69 ? :lol: Of course, but we hve 2 wait our turn 8)

Ok, so, I got a question, did anybody experienced more than 1 love ? I mean true love.

Mary

"Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent His one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins." 1 John 4:7-10

Like the poem says: "I asked Jesus one day,"how much do you love me?"and he answered, "this much.." and stretched out his arms and died.

GOD IS LOVE.

BrokenSmile

Peacefinder said:
1 Corinthians 13:4-7

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

This is one of my favorite verses in the Bible

I think love is feeling able to be yourself, with all your quirks and feel comfortable knowing that you are liked and cared about regardless, and accepting your partner's quirks and faults, and even if they get on your nerves sometimes, you find them endearing.

Love for me is friendship, compassion, worrying about each other, wanting each other to be happy and taking care of each other. Love isn't perfect, it's not all hearts and flowers, and I don't think you can know if you love someone until you go through bad times together and still stay strong in the relationship. Most couples can survive in a happy relationship where things go well, it's love that keeps couples together during the bad times, staying together, supporting each other, being each others' shoulder to cry on, and being happy together when the good times return :)

To me, that's real love.

Remus

Staff member
yup thats about it fairy

glad we got people to write things so well so I can just nod my head and agree :lol:

maggie

crazyfairyx said:
I think love is feeling able to be yourself, with all your quirks and feel comfortable knowing that you are liked and cared about regardless, and accepting your partner's quirks and faults, and even if they get on your nerves sometimes, you find them endearing.

Love for me is friendship, compassion, worrying about each other, wanting each other to be happy and taking care of each other. Love isn't perfect, it's not all hearts and flowers, and I don't think you can know if you love someone until you go through bad times together and still stay strong in the relationship. Most couples can survive in a happy relationship where things go well, it's love that keeps couples together during the bad times, staying together, supporting each other, being each others' shoulder to cry on, and being happy together when the good times return :) ......hey crazyfairy....i agree with you....love is not a quote or simply a feeling....it's about ....wondering how that other person is doing in the back of your mind all day....sharing the load...working together...being crazy about seeing eachother at the end of a long day...supporting eachother when things are tough....that kind of stuff...that's what i hope for anyway :roll: