What is Love?

corrinaelizabeth said:
love is lust thats all ive got 2 say on this matter lol

I kind of agree with you in some respects, I mean one huge difference between friends and couples is lust, but lust doesn't last so it seems logical that love comprises more than just lust. I guess everyone sees it differently though, love isn't something definitive, it's defined by the individual :)

Quixote

corrinaelizabeth said:
love is lust thats all ive got 2 say on this matter lol

Love is lust+friendship+compassion+reciprocal understanding and support etc... (all the other things that were listed)

I am not being idealistic or romantic, but it seems just obvious to me, out of personal experience. Besides, romantic love makes perfect evolutionary sense: raising kids requires more long term commitment than just the amount due to "lust", which you can feel for many people everyday.

Highandlow

What s love

Love is what they have sent you pèople with criminal records to make you live longer and healthier

BrokenSmile

What is love?! i think is a big nothing :x
Love is relative. I really wonder if love exist coz i feel is so hard to be loved by someone. Nobody love me just because i simply exist. They "love" me just if i do things that they expect me to do. Is so sad.
I think if i want my parents to love me i should be like they wish they child to be, i got to perfect in their eyes and to do just the right things to make they be proud of me or something. If i don't do that i'm sure they will stop love me.
If i want that my boyfriend to love me i have to try to be beautiful, to be perfect in his eyes, to give him love back, to keep the relation fresh and many other things that will make him stil like me and not to looking for other girls that fit with his ideal of woman.
If i want my friends like me and "love" me... some of them are my clasmattes so i should help them at school coz if i'm stupid and don't study they will won't wanna be my friends anymore and go out with me coz they have other kind of friends for partyes and they thon't need me and i alsou have to try to be funny and a good listener or else for keeping my few friends.
And i guess people need to be loved by just this persons like familly, gf/bf and their friends. But is so hard to make those people start loving you and keep their love for you ...that make me feel so lonely and make me think that love even exist and that i have to do so many things to not lose the love i owned.
Nobody will love me if i will do mistakes. There are so many people on this planet...to many.. why would anybody want to love me?! i'm so usual i got nothing special. This thing drive me crazy. I will never be really loved ... never :cry: if i will do something that they ( people who i care about and that i love) don't like they will live me and they will run after other people that seems to fit with their expectations.
Does someone really love somebodyelse in that world? Does somebody love himself? DO YOU LOVE YOURSELF? If you don't love yourself how can you love somebody else or how can sombody loves you ?! CAN"T! Do i really love someone? Coz love is not in the past love have to be by me in future too if is really love - love don't have end. Love should be forever.
There is no true love. LOVE IS AN ILLUSION, CHIMERA, MIRAGE, MYTH ..... Love is not at all what i think should be. Pure true love doesn't exist!!! :x Allways love will be mixed with other bad feelings like hate. Will be mixed with compassion, lust, contempt, pride, jealousy , friendship, obligation, fear ......no true pure love at all :(
While hate will exist love will be dirty coz hate cancel the love. And hapiness is an illusion too and is canceled by unhapyness. And life is canceled by dead. Nothing is pure in this world. There are just f*** odds and ends by evil and good and that's why people are so confused and shy and SP/SA exist . Is all just a big fight and we have to win that fight somehow. And i'm gonna fight to the end even if i will gonna be lonelly even if nobody will love me i will try again and again to live this life somehow and to find what is love and hapiness and why i do exist !
I'm not even expect that my post to be readed to the end by anybody ... i'm mad :(
love you all ....somehow and sorry for my post if is weird or bad and too big and with no meaning :cry:

jojosparkles said:
love is two bodies and one soul! :D

I dunno about that lol, I think it's more of two independant souls intertwining, you're still an individual in your own right, you still have your own opinions, beliefs and thoughts, but you share them and find compromises to 'fit' together and become 'soul mates'.

jojosparkles

oh i dunno tho cos i was like that with my friend and thought i found my soul mate cos we intertwined but i have found true love and it feels like we just one person..we do think the same..have the same beliefs and things and when im upset so is he..its really strange...i cant describe it..magical i guess :)

Aww :) I guess I'm just concerned about losing my identity, cos it's what used to happen a lot in the past, seeing yourself as two individuals just seems better to me. Me and my boyfriend are not exactly likeminded lol, but we have an amazing connection, but that's what I always wanted, to remain an individual, different for everyone though :D I think I'd get bored of someone who was like me, I like debates, intellectual conversation with two sides, but maybe it's cos of my star sign (gemini) I'm not just one personality so why would I want my boyfriend to be any different :lol:

corsa

i think love is this all consuming primal thing, where you would do anything for that person and couldn't survive without them. I look at my boyfriend sometimes and feel so damm content and happy it's an indescribable feeling. You just feel really blessed to have that person around.

tewstroke

Love controls the world. I mean when you think about it why does anyone do anything, because of love right. Whether its the love for a friend, partner, religion, object, music.

And BrokenSmile I understand whay you were trying to say, it does seem like love is a big joke. Like no one truly loves someone if they constantly don't do what they want them to do, but these are selfish people who don't really know what it means, if they truly loved you they wouldn't let this get to them as much. You love someone because you see something in them that you feel is good, even though they may never necessarily do anything good. It's like a loving parent, even though as a toddler they may do all the wrong things, and even as an adult they may do things that they may not approve of but they still love their child. It's because they feel connected to them. I don't know, it's hard to explain but it's the only thing that makes sense.

iamantisocial

Love?

Love is a malignant tumor that has to be removed from my system ASAP! It is a cancer. It does nothing productive for me. I loved my parents (and still love em somehow)... they just talk shit about me and say all kinds of hurting words whenever I'm around them. They used to beat me with a belt when I was little. My dad used to do a flurry of punches all over me as if I was a fuckin punching bag. Love was what stopped my fist from crashing into his face and from slapping my own mom.

I loved this girl so much. I did everything for her. Sacrificed everything... and what did I get in return? She threatened to call the cops on me and to her I was just a fuckin creepy stalker! In spite of all the love and care Ive given her, that was how she repayed me?!?

If I didnt love, I wouldnt been so hurt. If I do not seek love, I will not have depression and any of all these other mental problems.

Love is just a fucking tumor. I repeat. LOVE IS A CANCER THAT NEEDS TO BE CURED ASAP!!! A disease. Something that needs to be expelled from my body.

I'm havin a hard time expelling it. Its like a rock-hard piece of shit stuck up in my ass... Cuz I still have an instinct to love and care and it is hurting me like hell. :x

BrokenSmile

tewstroke said:
And BrokenSmile I understand whay you were trying to say, it does seem like love is a big joke. Like no one truly loves someone if they constantly don't do what they want them to do, but these are selfish people who don't really know what it means, if they truly loved you they wouldn't let this get to them as much. You love someone because you see something in them that you feel is good, even though they may never necessarily do anything good. It's like a loving parent, even though as a toddler they may do all the wrong things, and even as an adult they may do things that they may not approve of but they still love their child. It's because they feel connected to them. I don't know, it's hard to explain but it's the only thing that makes sense.

Thanks for your words and for understanding me.
I guess ur right.

lovemylas

"Love: a selfish emotion, like jealously, or anger, that derives from feelings respective to any form of positive external stimuli."

The "english" way of saying that, is love is when YOU feel good, because of someone or some thing else. Period. Since that feeling can be REALLY REALLY good sometimes(finding the love of your life is the only example), you'd be hardpressed not to want to give your life to hold on to it.

What is love? It's that, and it's the most wonderful thing in existence.

I love you, my Las.(kisses)