Whens the last time you hung out with friends?

ignisfatuus

cutefluffykitten said:
yeah i can top that :lol:

last time i hung with friends was the year 1997

ive had no friends since that year so yup that would be the time i last hung.

i say that we just sat and got drunk and i never enjoyed it.

That's about the same year for me as well. I never tested the party scene though, as my parents basically had an iron collar around my neck throughout high school. I can probably count the number of beer I've had on one hand. That isn't something I particularly regret and rage about in reflection however, but it is unfortunate I missed out on those times, even if only to see what it was like.

To be fair, I had the opportunity in university, but at that point my SA had exploded beyond my ability to suppress it and I was also taking Nardil, which would have set off a potentially fatal hypertensive attack if I had consumed alcohol (basically, anything fermented cannot be taken with MAOIs).

Starry

Hmm, last time I "hung out" with friends...

That would be 1996/1997, if you class anything outside of school.

1998 if you class sitting/standing silently with people in school where you have no choice lol. (People that I had NOTHING to do with outside of school. Unless you count them phoning me to ask for help with homework and me trying to avoid speaking on the phone lol)

But I haven't been around ANY people, other than my family since 2001.

So 10/11, was the last time I had real friends. And I didn't develop any friendships until I was 8-ish, so very little of my life has been taken up with friends lol. *Sigh* Do I win the 'Most Pathetic Award?'

Actually though, I never felt a need for friends, I was a little lonely as a child, but I didn't want to be around other people. I was happy with my animals.

I've felt very lonely since though. But now I have a couple of brilliant online friends that I talk to every day lol. Thank goodness for the internet!

rado31

Last friday i was out with a friend of mine in a few rocky bars, or nite clubs (Before that, 2,3 weeks ago). I drank 3 glasses of wihte wine , and i was kinda relaxed.
Although, didnt speak to noone actually.

What i dont like about late night going out, that i cannot fall asleep for a very long time when i finally got home. Overexcitment

Tryin

If "hang out" means going to a pub with a large group of friends and having some tremendous fun, I never hang out (and I don't miss that). But I quite often go for a nice, quiet, pleasant walk and talk with one or two friends. That counts, doesn't it? Being alone for as long as some of you claim they have been, well, that must feel.. lonely. How do you cope with that?

Tryin

ModernDaySuperman said:
Last time for me was March 23rd of this year when me and 3 other guys all hung out and then went to a wrestling show in the night, I did actually have a good time and did feel pretty relaxed with those guys, shame is we don't really live that close to eachother (I met them in college that has people from all over the place, only got chatting to them cuz they came up to me first, about my liking of wrestling as I was wearing a WWE RAW T-shirt at the time) we might be meeting up again for the event on friday, not 100 percent sure yet though,
Apart from that I am a total loner and never go out wih people (unless it's family) and just can't talk to anyone to make friends, like an invisible barrier saying i must'nt talk to them for some reason,
what do i do ? I'm not really scared of going outside when I have to it''s just that I can never talk to/make friends with anyone

You know what works for me? If you can't talk to people, DO something with them. Try some courses, work, charity, whatever. Learn spanish, start yoga, help the homeless. Whatever you want, just do it TOGETHER with other people. Start social interaction with small steps at first, and you will work it up.

Emma

Friends?!!! What does that term mean, I have not heard it before......are you all in on something I don't know about? 8) :p
(I have none)

Tryin

Emma said:
Friends?!!! What does that term mean, I have not heard it before......are you all in on something I don't know about? 8) :p
(I have none)

Of course you have friends. What about our community?

rado31

Tryin said:
Emma said:
(I have none)

Of course you have friends. What about our community?

Yes, that is a good answer :p it is a pitty that this community is virtual

diana_x

Late March for me. It was one of my bestfriends birthdays & i was reluctant to go but got dragged along & had a pretty crap time as i wanted nothing more but to not be there. Although now that my agoraphobia & AVP are so fullblown i don't have any friends to go out with anyway.

SilentType

Banned
I'm actually doing very well. I'm getting out every day and connecting with old friends. I attribute the relief of my panic symptoms to propanolol and clonazepam, but I'm still not fully recovered. I still avoid places where there are tons of people, but I can live with that for now...

Peace

DelGreco

Not since middle school for me unless you count standing around awkwardly while people you only vaguely know have a good time. I went to a baseball game with some guys a couple of years ago where I opened up a little bit, but I wouldn't consider them friends really. That was sophmore year of college.

rado31

Yesterday evening i was with some -friends-. Supprisingly , i wasnt quiet/ I was like the one that spoke almost all the time. But when i got home i hardly fell asleep because i was kind of ovwerwhelmed with emotions. I think i should go out more, but it doesnt depend only on me? THinking of that group of friend makes me feel a bit inferior(, but at least they didnt picking me). I hate compariosn thing and i would really like to turn it off.