women being "attracted" to "badboys"

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1

Banned
Human nature is fundamentally evil, or perhaps selfish is a better way of putting it. Its not a case of right or wrong, but a case of one wanting what is best for oneself.

Well they won't when you're that way towards them!

Human nature is not to be fundamentally evil. It's only that way because humans have seen themselves that way, and that only perpetuates it.

Yea sure, a majority of society is selfish, but to believe that we have to be is plain wrong. We DO have to take care for ourselves, etc. but selfishness is something else. Please do not go on thinking we HAVE to be selfish, even to an extent. Because taking care for oneself is different than being selfish. This is perhaps on of the reasons why humanity is so messed up.

Sinar_Matahari

I don't think women should even be remotely attracted to them at all. Women say 'oh they might be attracted to them but they don't want them as a b/f" that's BS this is just another result of mass mind control by the powers that be. It's a simple catchphrase which can confuse human's feeble minds.

No, people should not even use this MEME. Women should not be attracted to "badboys" even if they SAY they don't really want them.

My husband is a kind man but he still has a bad boy/mischievous streak. He's not violent but he won't mind kicking another man's ass if that man were to mess with me or our child. He's very smart and capable and he is loyal. He hasn't always played by the rules but he is still a good person with values and dignity. He doesn't mistreat or disrespect people, but he will fight someone if it is necessary. I love that he is not a wuss. Just because he has some bad boy in him does not mean that he is devoid of feelings or lacks sensitivity.

I can appreciate that bit of bad boy or machismo in my guy because it makes things interesting. I think it's charming because he doesn't take it far. Often times he even makes a joke out of it.

No one told me that I had to like bad boys. I can't stand the sterotypical bad boy who is a complete jerk off and has no concern for people's feelings. I've been around men like that and I avoid them like the plague now.

My husband has always treated me with complete respect and has been one of the most understanding and supportive people in my life. He has been my best friend as well as my husband. Not all bad boys are horrible people just like not all nice guys are good people.

People have a misconception that "nice" people are good and "mean" people are bad. There is a difference between the two. I've known people who thought of themselves as bad but were in fact good people at heart while there were those who thought of themselves as good but were not very good-hearted.

Sinar_Matahari

I'm not too satisfied with that. I don't know I seem to think all women are unconsciously evil, and I don't want to think that way.. even though I do. I seem to keep coming to the same conclusion. I don't think there are plenty of women who want to be with me.

HA! Just as I thought! You're a misogynyst. lol Sorry I'm not belittling you I'm just get so proud of myself when I get proof that something I suspected was true. Women are unconsciously evil because they don't want to be with you. LOL It's not that they have millions of other men to choose from. God forbid they all don't want to be with you.

You may have pre-existing ideas of what women are supposed to be like and you hate them when they don't live up to your ideals. Women are evil. LOL! And you tell people that they like/dislike or believe/disbelieve things just because society and the media tell them to. You're so influenced by the misogyny of patriarchal society. Many people have internalized misogyny whether they admit it or not. Both men and women do. I've had to struggle with my own but now that I know better I make a conscious effort to keep myself in check.

You're just going to have to get over yourself because whoever told you that women are only supposed to be "good" lied to you, my friend. People are both good and bad and again whoever told you that people can only be one of two things lied to you again. Women are human just as men and should not be signaled out as the bad guys because it is not unnatural for women to be just as good, evil, aggressive or passive as men.

Women cannot be accomodating to you just so that you won't feel rejected. There are plenty of men out there who take rejection in stride and with acceptance, dignity without the bitterness. Those are the confident and secure men that women want and men want to be. I've come across men like that and I may not have gone for them, I don't even know them but I can tell you that I respect them. They're not the insecure asshole bad boys or the insecure timid men who resent women and take their shortcomings out on them. What makes you so special that women have to want you instead of the bad boys you talk about? You talk a great deal about how society is messed up in a lot of your posts. Your beliefs reflect a part of what is bad in society.

What if I were to say, "I think all Jewish or black people are unconsciously evil"? You'd call me a dirty racist! So it's alright to say that about someone of a different gender? Remember that misogyny and misandry are not that much more different than racism and bigotry.

Cynic

Women are unconsciously evil because they don't want to be with you. LOL It's not that they have millions of other men to choose from.
All men and women want what is best for themselves. That is neither good or evil. Its just the way it is.

What makes you so special that women have to want you instead of the bad boys you talk about?
Exactly.

My husband is a kind man but he still has a bad boy/mischievous streak. He's not violent but he won't mind kicking another man's ass if that man were to mess with me
There you go No1 - Serafina's guy is a nice guy to her and his equals, but he could kick your ass if you get too cheeky to his woman. :D

TheManWhoUpholdsHonour

Alas,poor no1 fought blindly.I understand his views well.:(
But just because he's a misogynist doesn't mean he's not making sense here.I'll use a good godamned example of the 'bad boy' he was talking about.And yes I do care not because it's true but because it's sad.

I know a boy,yes a bad one,by my standards whom upon my first meet with was very rude and immature.He made front of the way I acted and my religion.I took no real note of this until later that day on the bus he wants to sit next to me mocking my relegion.After he got off I see him with a women.I go in my mind:There goes another one.Ad day upon day after that I see he claim one by one of girls I knew long and short and he frequently causes trouble amongst his friends and well just about anyone.I take notice of the fact that he's not that much bigger than me,no taller than me,and sort of looks like me.I take notice of the way he acts and the way he talks.I say nothing of it.I do nothing but channel my deep hatred of this supposed young man.But,as like some of you have posted that hate is bad 'm kay?I take control of said hatred and channel it.Just as some of you had described but in contrast of some no one was hurt in the process of his freemasing,he still does it and I think it's safe to say that this one only had a weak mind.He's just this husk of a shell that thinks that all that should ever be done should feel good and that everything in the world revolved around feeling good.And that all the wars in the world-all conflicts and debates-all jobs and careers were made to make people feel good.

I am tired.I truly am.Of the little things that hinder my sensitive mindset that senses these absurdities,on the evolution thing-yes we are technicly mammals therefore animals.And we're VIRTUALLY all the same.I am speaking of the majority-I am not only speaking of women but I am speaking men also,but(I can't stress this enough) women control men and set he bars for himself to jump over and surpass and wow the woman because apparently She deserves more emotional respect than the man(refering to danfac's post way back thar).It's true,however,that nice guys really do finsh last due to a study conducted at west virginia university.

And uh,friends do not serve as a commodity to one's status in reality but VIRTUALLY it does.The ideal that a man should be experienced and capable is VIRTUALLY true for the most part and as for the whole 'bad boy's are not realistic.For one,yes they're not realisitc but they still exist don't they?

Yes the guy was being a **** but I get his point.

It angered him because it didn't make any sense how it's being rationalised.

Island_chic

Yes i do find "bad boys" attractive however I would not choose the
'bad guy" because i am not a "bad girl" myself. I would want to choose someone who has a similar personality which doesn't include getting into trouble.

Felgen

Men tend to misunderstand this whole "bad guy" thing. Most mature women are turned off when a man can't stand up for himself and they can boss him around.

Some of the more immature (often young) girls are attracted to asshole, partly because of the media and partly because they mistake the asshole behaviour for maturity.

da_illest101

I'll take myself for example: I give the impression i'm a badboy because of my look, the way i walk ( when i'm not under anxiety) etc. I'm not a huge man but you can see that i'm not one to be mess with.

So when most people end up talking to me they think that i'm this hard *** guy who like to take control and stuff. Most dominant guys always want to have beef with me because they feel like i'm threat or something.

When in reality i'm like the kindest guy you can ever meet. So when girls realized that they:

1) Stop talking to me

2) become my friend but will never see me as a potential boyfriend even if i'm their type ( so they say)

Also what I realized is that most girl that love sensitive guys are desperate for relationships ( don't get offended by this it's only based on my experiences)

Those situations didn't happens for years, since i'm pretty much just always in my room talking to no one

I think women aren't more attracted to "badboys", but looks for more complete guys. I see that women mostly look for guys who are:

1) Have a strong Sense of Self: He likes himself just as he is

2) Takes responsibility for having his own needs met

3) Comfortable with his masculinity and sex

4) Has integrity, does whats right, not whats expected

5) IS a leader: Is willing to provide and protect those he cares about

6) Clear, direct and expresses his feelings

7) Nurturing and giving without care taking or problem solving

8) Knows how to set boundaries and is not afraid of conflict.

The issue is that a lot of so called "nice guy" lack in one or many of these categories. I see badboys as people who have the above traits, are people who are happy with selves, do what they need to have done, are not afraid to lead and provide, but have integrity.

LadyWench

Not all women like "bad boys". I don't find them attractive at all. I actually prefer guys that are more feminine and crap. Not sure why, but that's just how I am.

As the original poster saying that women "should not" be attracted to bad boys...that's just wrong. People can be attracted to whomever they please. Nobody needs another person's approval.

Not all women like "bad boys". I don't find them attractive at all. I actually prefer guys that are more feminine and crap. Not sure why, but that's just how I am.

As the original poster saying that women "should not" be attracted to bad boys...that's just wrong. People can be attracted to whomever they please. Nobody needs another person's approval.

Depends on the definition of 'bad boys'... My friend used to have a girlfriend whose ex was a woman-beater. He beats my friend's gf to the point that she needed to stay in the hospital. Shortly after being with my friend, she left him to be with the woman-beater who continues to abuse her...

In that case at least, I think that woman should not be with that guy. Bah, it's all academic to me anyway. At this rate, I should be packing up my stuff and apply to be a monk living on a secluded island with trees for company.

Ignace

Depends on the definition of 'bad boys'... My friend used to have a girlfriend whose ex was a woman-beater. He beats my friend's gf to the point that she needed to stay in the hospital. Shortly after being with my friend, she left him to be with the woman-beater who continues to abuse her...

In that case at least, I think that woman should not be with that guy. Bah, it's all academic to me anyway. At this rate, I should be packing up my stuff and apply to be a monk living on a secluded island with trees for company.

I think that guy should get killed.

LadyWench

Oh, no. I totally see your point in that. Nobody should be with someone that beats them. That's just common sense. I wouldn't consider a man like that a "bad boy". More just a piece of crap that can't pick on someone his own size.

Eam

Oh, no. I totally see your point in that. Nobody should be with someone that beats them. That's just common sense. I wouldn't consider a man like that a "bad boy". More just a piece of crap that can't pick on someone his own size.

Would a guy that cheats be considered a bad boy? I dated (if you can call it that, it was only one occasion) a girl that left a guy that cheated on her, only for her to head straight back to him after our 'date'. I actually find the experience quite humorous :rolleyes:

LadyWench

Would a guy that cheats be considered a bad boy? I dated (if you can call it that, it was only one occasion) a girl that left a guy that cheated on her, only for her to head straight back to him after our 'date'. I actually find the experience quite humorous :rolleyes:

Not necessarily. I think everybody's version of what a "bad boy" is, is quite different. When someone says bad boy, I think more of a guy that likes getting into trouble. He likes being dangerous and stupid. Ya know, that sort of thing.

I of course think cheating is wrong, but I also believe that people should be allowed to be attracted to anybody they wish, without permission and approval from others.

I personally think it's not a good idea to talk about 'bad boys' as something good. Since I'm not a woman, I can only guess... but I think it's more qualities like assertiveness, novelty, confidence, leadership skills, excitement... that are more desired than any real 'bad' aspects.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find anything good in real life hooligans and thugs that can also be thought of to be 'bad boys'. The phrasing itself gives rise to misunderstandings. But hey... I'm old fashioned so maybe it's just me.

I won't even consider dating a girl who likes bad boys. Which is why I'll probably never date anyone since most, if not all girls like them.

I don't blame them, though. It's like blaming men for not liking obese women. No one can change our nature...

And to all those guys who are frustrated with girls who like bad boys: Be a "bad boy" yourself and you will get the women who you so much desire. Simple. Well, I know that's what I would do if I were in your shoes.

Newtype

Now that I think about it, I had a friend who used to be a geek like me and then he became a bad boy and so many girls were into him after that... I never understood why girls are like that. It's not like all of them have daddy issues, although a lot of them do.

Emily_G

Women can't really help who they are attracted to... Although I think it's dumb to be attracted to bad boys too, I was when I was younger though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.