Are you shy in your dreams?

206Raider

I usually forget my dreams as soon as I wake up, but the ones I have I'm pretty confident and I'm willing to do anything but I'm usually having nightmares where I'm strugglin. I dream about weird things like people trying to kill me, and I'll wake up before they do it. Except one time when I got cut in half with a chainsaw and was dead in my dream. That was really weird, I had to save this dream girl and I ran all the way around the world to sneak up behind this killer to kill him to save her but he got me. I was dead in my dream staring at myself for like 5 seconds and I woke up.

Qbmaster

My dreams are usually pretty surreal. Asking "are you shy in your dreams?" makes about as much sense as "are you tapestry in your dreams?"...

Square_Eyes

While I don't experience any of the traditional symptoms of SA during my dreams, the majority of them do revolve around my social anxiety. Many of my dreams tend to involve a family member or old friend expressing, with both anger and disappointment, just how useless and pathetic I am to them. As if the day to day struggles that social anxiety throws up during my waking hours aren't enough to contend with without my subconscious reinforcing all the negative things that I think about myself during sleep also.

But then sometimes, I get the good dream. The one where social anxiety doesn't play any sort of role in the narrative and for one brief but beautiful moment I can experience the kind of life that I dream of when I'm awake, a life most normal folk take for granted, a life about more than fear, put simply, a life about living.

Last edited:

Untamed88

I am the complete opposite to my normal self in my dreams. I love my personality in my dreams. I am happy, confident, outgoing. I am to scared to be myself when I am awake.

AimeeSP

Yep! and everything that i worry that would go wrong during the day, it goes wrong in my dreams. I don't seem to have 'nightmares', but i have bad dreams where all my worrys, fears come true, every single night.

DarkSeeker

I don't exists in my dreams. I am only an observer, usually watching the world going around without me, or watching myself being bullied and pushed around by a throng of bad people. Most of my dreams are like watching a bad or very weird movie. They are also very blurry. I were lenses all day long, yet my dreams are still as if I wasn't wearing any...

phil91

Not usually, when dreaming I don't really have any thoughts, stuff just happens. So there's no anxiety-related thoughts entering my mind to hold me back. Although a few nights ago I did have a dream where I was really awkward, and the whole dream revolved around that. It sucked. ::(: I definitely prefer my usual sex dreams. :cool:

Good question. I'm usually pretty outgoing in my dreams. Not much self-doubt. I go on these adventures with characters morphing into other characters, the dreams make no sense. It sucks when I wake up.

i don't have SA in my dreams.. but this topic reminds of me this:
SPAL.gif

Same here! I get people trying to kill me in my dreams, but I always kill them first. It used to be the other way around, and if I did kill someone in self-defense then I would be devastated.

Like last night, I was partying at someone's mansion. For some reason, people began attacking one another and my only weapon was a fork. I tell you...I made good use of that fork! Someone even tried to shoot me at one point. I was a complete bad a** forking people left and right with the dexterity and skill of a Samurai. Like the Bruce Lee of forking!

"somebody please remove these cutleries from mah knees!"

Luke1993

The few dreams I do remember I never talk to anyone so I can't say for sure or not if I'm shy in my dreams.

nopark

Remembered a dream I had the other night and I was definitely not shy at all.

Now if only I could remember how, and apply it to the waking world ;)

I wonder if the people who aren't shy in their dreams weren't as shy as kids, and dreams just remove what adolescence turned us into. I'm probably wrong though.

agoraphobickatie

i'm a big dreamer, that's one of the reasons why i love sleep so much.. i dream everytime i sleep, and there's usually more than one or two that are vivid and 'long' dreams.. sometimes i have random dreams and sometimes i have 'movie dreams' where it's like a movie unfolding, with a plot and everything, sometimes i'm in the movie and sometimes i'm not. but those are my favorite :)

anyway, for the most part, i'm not agoraphobic/anxious/panicky in any of my dreams.. sometimes i'll have a dream where i'm out doing something and in my dream i'll remember that i'm agoraphobic and anxious and i'll be like "ahh! i should be freaking out right now!!" but then i just kinda keep doing what i'm doing.. that's a big reason why i love my dreams so much, because i'm usually 'normal' in them :)