Do you feel like a loser?

OceanMist

I don't believe in calling myself a loser. What does that gain? If anything it will make things worse because you when you have a low view of yourself, your self esteem will drop.

I know some losers and the reason they are losers has nothing to do with SA.

I don't like the word ''loser''. It implies a person competing a not winning. It being applied to people whom simply try to live their life suggests that life itself is some sort of competition. It's not.

School isn't a competition, it's preparation.
Money isn't a competition, it's universal credit for life maintenance.
Work isn't a competition, it's the source of money.
Love isn't a competition, it's personal (shared) companionship.

If life -was- a competition, everyone would be a loser. Because there's only one person truly the best at each individual thing.

I think the general measures we have and with which we determine whom is a ''loser'' and whom is a ''winner'' are far too unrealistic and trivial to be taken seriously.

Scrubbing toilets for a living? No social life? You're still a person that is alive, knows how to write and read, and has managed to stay alive for approximately for 15-20 years (at least). By natural standards that makes you a ''winner''.

Nouveau

I don't really feel like a loser (I've known some and I'm nowhere near like that), but I wouldn't consider myself a winner.

In terms of having no friends, no life, and not wanting to do anything in the future, yes I'm a loser.

Srijita52

I don't like the word ''loser''. It implies a person competing a not winning. It being applied to people whom simply try to live their life suggests that life itself is some sort of competition. It's not.

School isn't a competition, it's preparation.
Money isn't a competition, it's universal credit for life maintenance.
Work isn't a competition, it's the source of money.
Love isn't a competition, it's personal (shared) companionship.

If life -was- a competition, everyone would be a loser. Because there's only one person truly the best at each individual thing.

I think the general measures we have and with which we determine whom is a ''loser'' and whom is a ''winner'' are far too unrealistic and trivial to be taken seriously.

Scrubbing toilets for a living? No social life? You're still a person that is alive, knows how to write and read, and has managed to stay alive for approximately for 15-20 years (at least). By natural standards that makes you a ''winner''.

^I agree. Life isn't for competing against each other, its for living and we all have our own unique ways of living. We all have strength and weakness. A person who seems like a 'loser' to one might be a 'winner' to another. So how can we be so sure?

Rawz

Yes, I do. I feel like a loser because I am a loser.

I'm trying to change, I'm working on changing. Maybe one day I won't be a loser.

Tulicks

This is exactly how I feel. I feel avoidance, and nonsocial. I can't communicate my feelings, connect with anyone at that emotional level, and I feel distant, detached. It's driving me nuts because there are certain family members of mine that I want to get closer to, but can't. It drives me nuts!! I'm sorry you're going through this, you're not alone, I'm in the same god forsaken boat!

Shyangel

I don't think I am a loser, I know I'm a loser. There's a difference.

I'm sorry to sound so negative, but when you are, infact, nothing but a burden to society and everyone around you, what else could ya be. I just dislike myself in general so it's hard for me to give an unbiased opinion anyway. It just comes down to; I wish I could be more fun, and be more useful. That's it. Then maybe my opinion would change.

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I don't think I am a loser, I know I'm a loser. There's a difference.

I'm sorry to sound so negative, but when you are, infact, nothing but a burden to society and everyone around you, what else could ya be. I just dislike myself in general so it's hard for me to give an unbiased opinion anyway. It just comes down to; I wish I could be more fun, and be more useful. That's it. Then maybe my opinion would change.

^ Yeah, unfortunately, I feel the same way, Shyangel. ::(:

dancingintherain

yes. :/
I want to be a better person, a good person. Someone who takes good opportunities and not avoid it. A person can do so much with their life but I'm barred to do anything