Do you feel like a loser?

MrJones

I don't think it's so "bad" to be a loser. It's just something that looks bad.

Loser is just someone who has lost something. We all lose something during our lives, some more than others, but we all do. What really matters is if it's you're someone who gets up and tries again after losing or you quit.

IMO being a quitter is much worse than being a loser.

Also, everyone who's a winner, EVERYONE, has been a loser before. A lot of supermillionaires have been in bankrupts several times, for example. They accepted the losing of what they worked so hard for but instead of crying they tried again and finally, after several tries and never giving up, they succeded.

Gaucho

for what i achieve in life so far, yes I'm a loser, for my incompetence in socializing, yes I'm a loser.

I hope one day ill find my inner happiness,were exterior thing will be irrevelant.

pop-princess

Yes I often feel like a loser. I'm always thinking that my friends and others must think that my life totally sucks because I never have anything to tell since I have no career, boyfriend, not many friends, i'm not very intelligent etc. To put it short my life is very uneventful in almost every level, a loser life.

Paddy1984

I've felt like a loser for some time now, but it was confirmed for me today when my brother called me a loser. Didn't actually hurt that much because I figured that was his opinion of me.

Looking at my life situation (30, unemployed, living with parents, very little work history), I am a loser by almost anyone's standards.

I don't feel like a loser though, because there are things in life that make me happy. I still have ambitions for the future. I still enjoy small things like a strong cup of coffee. When I'm in a good mood, I feel grateful to still be living.

Fallguy12

Kind words do not work on me. I immediately become suspicious of the person because it sounds like a lie. What do they want from me? I take this attitude with my family members as well.

I cannot conceive of a person being so impressed with something I did that it warrants a compliment. It took me a long time to train myself to thank someone after they gave me one, and even now, I still don't think it sounds sincere. Before then, I would reflexively ignore my accomplishments, or downplay them.

laure15

I have not contributed to society, I don't like being around people, I have no job, I leech off my parents, I have horrible social skills, people don't understand me. So, yeah, I feel like a loser in this negative ense.

But, I am also proud to be a loser because I lost 10+ pounds this year.

Earthcircle

A week from today I turn 48. Yes, I am a loser. My life has been a waste, and there is no hope now. I've tried everything.

jaim38

I used to feel like a loser, but now, I feel...neutral...not a loser nor a winner. Just somewhere in the middle. And I don't like putting such labels on myself.

Esperance

Not interesting - Check
Idiot - Check
Can't stand up - Check
Ugly - Check

So yeah, I think I'm a looser

mikebird

Banned
It's a complex infinite personality filter on both sides of the war...

The elaborated version of finding the person to marry

Getting on - 100% fit for everyone, and everyone else

A game of British Bulldog

Last edited:
I feel like a loser a lot of the time. I used to feel like a loser all the time, but now that I know I have AvPD I can remind myself that there is almost nothing in this world I am less qualified to judge.

I have an enormous pile of losses behind me. I can see now that many of them were actually caused by my expecting to lose, and my slowness in recovering from them was partly or mostly due to me feeling like a loser.