Do you think you're ugly?

CardSender

If you think or feel that you are ugly then that will surely come across to people that you meet.

M-W definition: offensive or unpleasant to any sense.

In truth, a very small percentage of us would meet that definition. And an even smaller percentage could be considered as 'model' material when it comes to physical appearance. It may be a cliche, but beauty really does come from within.

And you know what, we all get pretty 'ugly' [physically] when we get older. But our inner beauty lasts a lifetime.

Apple Strudel

I look scary. I mean, I even shock myself when I saw a picture of myself on my handphone.

Yeah, I got snubbed, bullied, look down upon because of my demeanor and vile appearance.

LLLady

Can't say that I think I'm ugly, Those of you that do think your ugly, I'm sorry you feel that way .......

Kinetik

Not really, but I feel it because I never get out or do anything. Having limited social interactions and relatively few experiences with friends and girls kind of makes you think you're ugly even if it is all down to anxiety and/or shyness.

NothingElseMatters

i don't think i am ugly.many ppl said that i am goodlooking but this hasn't prevent me from losing so many opportunities.and i don't regret it anws.i realize that whatever success in this life and i mean meaningful success comes from the work that happens on the inside

One thing i hate is the fact that when we are kids growing up, we r being brainwashed and i mean really really bad brainwashing.and now we have to work to change that to be able to see the world and other ppl of how they really are.and the most crazy thing is that they have convinced us that is our fault and we now we feel guilt if we r not how ''we are supposed to be''

Pretty or ugly is BS.we r all gonna end up in the same place anyway,looking the same way and the only thing that matters is what we do with ourselves now

WelshOne

I dont think Im good looking... I used to think I was about average, but based on the number of women interested in me Ive changed that thought. However, Im using this to my advantage. If girls arent looking at me then I dont need to feel so self conscious when in public :) Im also finding that its not so bad speaking a few words to girls, knowing that they arent going to ask for my number or anything scary like that.

Test of the Uglies

awwh I want to take the ugly test!! Maybe just for fun, although I truely believe I am ugly. I just don't want to sound all negative about it.

-1 Did anyone from your own family call you ugly
Yes

-1 Have random people (not drunk) in the street said something nasty to you (like “look at him/her !”)?
"No offense, but you are REALLY ugly!" YES!

-1 Have people you never meet before looked surprised when they saw you ? Yes

+1 Have you been invited to parties by the (cool) people ?
No

-1 Did people give you a nasty nickname ?
You look like a pig!

+1 Are people surprised when you tell them your single ?
No

+1 If you posted your picture somewhere did people use words like attractive or good looking?
Yes...

-1 Do you have acne and or very visible acne scars ?
I just have a few holes in my face, but I cover it extensively with makeup. I have a really bad infection on my shoulders and back though. I don't know if this counts.

+1 Do friends/family/coworkers/… try to hook you up ?
No

Score -4.

recluse

Re: Test of the Uglies

awwh I want to take the ugly test!! Maybe just for fun, although I truely believe I am ugly. I just don't want to sound all negative about it.

-1 Did anyone from your own family call you ugly
Yes
They must be blind!

-1 Have random people (not drunk) in the street said something nasty to you (like “look at him/her !”)?
"No offense, but you are REALLY ugly!" YES!
They must be blind!

-1 Have people you never meet before looked surprised when they saw you ? Yes
Maybe they are surpsised to see how much more attractive you are in real life?
+1 Have you been invited to parties by the (cool) people ?
No
It doesn't mean you are unattractive, and what makes people so 'cool'?!

-1 Did people give you a nasty nickname ?
You look like a pig!
They must be blind!

+1 Are people surprised when you tell them your single ?
No
I'd be surprised.
+1 If you posted your picture somewhere did people use words like attractive or good looking?
Yes...

-1 Do you have acne and or very visible acne scars ?
I just have a few holes in my face, but I cover it extensively with makeup. I have a really bad infection on my shoulders and back though. I don't know if this counts.
No one's perfect.

+1 Do friends/family/coworkers/… try to hook you up ?
No

Score -4.

See, what i'm doing is turning your negatives into positives:)

You are extremely beautiful (your face, your hair etc.). As to me; I'm not only dark under my eyes, but in my eyes too, lol. But then I'm from the Mediterranean. The problem is my severe lack of sleep coupled with depression and anxiety, which makes me much uglier than I am (not that I'm handsome)...

Yep I have olive skin too (although I'm not Mediterranean) and have always had dark shadows underneath my eyes, but my insomnia has made it so that my under eye area is like charcoal now.

It is not unusual for me to go for days at a time without sleep... I leave my house on average once every 2 weeks so I never get any sunlight & sleep through the day.

Don't use my avatar as reference because I look even worse now & I have shaved off all my hair. I do think I am ugly, uglier than ever before, I feel I get worse by the day because my lack of sleep causes my looks to fade even more, it also lowers my immune system. I have severe depression, anxiety and other spectrum disorders which although are "mental" they manifest physically also. Not only do they take their toll on my looks but my physical health is affected now. I have secondary physical problems due to my "mental health". I am glad I found this thread because I feel like no one can relate to me on this. My mother just comments on how sick and pasty I look all the time.

Gosh I know how ya feel,i avoid mirrors or any surface thats able to reflect my image...its horrendous, and part of my uglyness is my fault...

I avoid mirrors too. It's gotten to the point where I can't bear for people to look at me in the face. I have to tell them to look away and if they don't I just cover my face.

xSleepy

-1 Did anyone from your own family call you ugly (maybe not directly but not denying it when the subject arose?) I dont think so.

-1 Have random people (not drunk) in the street said something nasty to you (like “look at him/her !”) Dont think so

-1 Have people you never meet before looked surprised when they saw you ? yes

+1 Have you been invited to parties by the (cool) people ? no

-1 Did people give you a nasty nickname ? yes

+1 Are people surprised when you tell them you are single ? no one asks if im single or taken. so... no?

+1 If you posted your picture somewhere did people use words like attractive or good looking. yes .... but im not going to put a really bad pic of me up! good angles, good lighting and stuff

-1 Do you have acne and or very visible acne scars ? (this is a very personal one for me, ignore it if you want to). YES

+1 Do friends/family/coworkers/… try to hook you up ? Yes

im confused about how to score this

Last edited:
Yeah, sometimes I consider myself ugly. Well, usually. Sometimes, I feel guilty for being around people because I'm forcing them to look at me, as if I owe them an apology for the way I look.

Last edited:

Damaged

No i don't, i like to think positive about myself. I used to 'hate' myself and moan about it to everyone which was really unattractive itself.
So now im happy to be me and i like many of my features =)