Do you think you're ugly?

Richey

i dont think i'm ugly i just feel plain but i often feel uncool and stiff around people who have no self conscious trates and are relaxed, that makes me feel ugly inside and out.

I read an interesting article regarding a bunch of people who walked around for a few months wearing masks to see peoples reaction and their confidence started to change because strangers couldn't tell who they were so it didn't matter if they made conversation and were unhappy with the result. not because they were actually ugly but because they believed they were ugly. which proves how much of influence our minds really have on us.

ajo86

All throughout highschool I though I was so ugly, because I was so used to people telling me that I was ugly, kids used to come up to me and say "omg you are so ugly If I looked like you I wouldn't leave the house" the worse thing of all was even my parents used to call me ugly. :( because of what people used to say to me, I used to think to myself well, if everyone says that I'm ugly than I must be, I avoided looking in the mirror completely and I would panick if I saw my reflection anywhere.

Since leaving school I gradually started looking in the mirror and realised that I am not as ugly as everyone made out that I was. I reasised that I am just going to have to accept the way that I look as no one is "perfect". Wearing make up has helped me feel better about myself, and now I don't really think that I am ugly as I've learned to accept myself. I always ask my boyfriend if he thinks that I am ugly and he says no, he thinks that I am gorgeous, he said that people usually call other people ugly and make their life a missery if they feel unhappy about themselves.

klytus

Judging from what people in real-life have told me so far, I must be sufficiently ugly to not be recognizable as a member of the human species.

loneliness

Yeah, i have that feeling, i feel ugly inside and out, some girls have told me that i´m a good looking guy but no matter what they say i feel the same, ugly and insecure. :sad:

Richey

Yeah, i have that feeling, i feel ugly inside and out, some girls have told me that i´m a good looking guy but no matter what they say i feel the same, ugly and insecure. :sad:

That's a big deal though when people are actually saying it to your face especially if you never asked them and they instigate it ...you should use that as motivation and validation that you arn't actually ugly.

redlady

The majority of the time i think i am ugly. It is rare that i feel i look okay. It ****ing sucks.

Cynic

Personally i blame tv/internet/magazines/billboards/etc for perpetuating a stereotypical image to the public.
That's pointless. Nature dictates what is or isn't attractive. What the media pushes is just a modern variation of that.

sorrow1

I used to have really bad acne so i actually was ugly. I think this deffnately dented my confidence from a young age. Now i dont have acne anymore and have actually been told lots of times im fairly good looking. Im now confident n my appearance and get approached a lot in bars but i still get anxious and f**k t all up. Sometimes i wish I was ugly (no offense to anyone who is) then I might have an excuse for not having a girlfriend and people wouldnt make the why havent you got one comments all the time.

Lorraine Manca

I agree with you enigma. The whole model thing isnt natural at all. Its sick and perverse. A couple of my relatives were models in the past. One definately suffered from an eating disorder. The other was suicidal.

Rodox

I am not ugly,I am a bit above average,but for some reason I had a lot of girls liking me,if I would guess what it is because my apparence tells something completely different than what I really am.

I have acne scars and my ears make me look like a chimp, my nose is too big and my head is shaped weird, when you couple that with being bald I'm a less than handsome fellow, but I don't dwell on it. I feel like moaning about something today though (usually the only reason I jump on SPW anyways :D).

Last edited:

mndigi

I think it's common to have SA because of physical appearance. I have been chubby since 6 and got mocked a lot for it which made me get socialphobia in the first place. I also think I look and act goofy and not at all smartly, which makes me conscious of others when I am outside.

Flowers-Of-Bloom

I know I'm not the ugliest person ever, however I do see myself as below average in the looks department. So, not necessiarily 'ugly.'
The only thing I like about my appearance is my eyes and hands. Everything else, I'm very self-conscious about.

Edit: Oh I wanna take the test.

-1 Did anyone from your own family call you ugly (maybe not directly but not denying it when the subject arose?) No

-1 Have random people (not drunk) in the street said something nasty to you (like “look at him/her !”)
Yes - I guess I dress weird, but I've got some positive comments too.

-1 Have people you never meet before looked surprised when they saw you ?
Yes

+1 Have you been invited to parties by the (cool) people ? No

-1 Did people give you a nasty nickname ?
Yes - "Donkey Kong" and "Elephant" when I was 8-11, because I was a little bit chubby & round faced.

+1 Are people surprised when you tell them your single ?
No

+1 If you posted your picture somewhere did people use words like attractive or good looking? Yes...

-1 Do you have acne and or very visible acne scars ? (this is a very personal one for me, ignore it if you want to) Yes, just a little bit, but it's nothing too bad.

+1 Do friends/family/coworkers/… try to hook you up ? Not really, no

(if you answer Yes to a question use the score in your total score, -1 or +1)

Score: -3

I hope I did it right...

Last edited: