Has anyone ever been in love or had someone else fall in love with them?

Sinar_Matahari

Hmm.... I just don't believe in such things.. I look at loving couples and wonder if they'll love one another five years down the road when the bills stack and the passion dims...

That said though, I've seen a VERY old couple in their maybe seventies still holding hands like they really love one another... soo....

That's actually a smart thing to wonder. There is a difference between being in love and actually loving someone. There has to be a mutual respect to begin with. There has to be more than just sex and sexual attraction for a relationship to survive the 'in love' stage. It takes a lot of work, compromise, blood, sweat, tears and perseverance.

You have to be prepared to accept that things won't always be great. You have to be ready to work things out and not give up on someone over the slightest disappointment or mistake and not simply leave someone when things get too difficult. Not everyone is up to that. I once had a boyfriend who told me that he would leave me if I were mentally ill or had some kind of eating disorder. I did appreciate his honesty, but I knew then (before I realized I had SA) that he wasn't the person for me. You can't give up on someone so easily. You have to at least put up a fight until you're sure that things cannot be fixed.

I guarantee that those old couples you see holding hands have been through a lot together. From the best to the worst. Some of the long-term couples you see have been through hell and back together.

Sinar_Matahari

unfortunately perhaps, my desire for physical intimacy inevitably propels me forward into the fray

When I think of having been in love and then things turning sour, the most I can do is be thankful that I've felt something like that in my life. Sometimes I think that the pain and damage was worth those few moments of heaven.

Outer_Senshi

We miss the opportunities that life gives to us and when it's too late, we're sorry and wish to come back. I hate the control that fear has over my life, for example, "he's my boss" a lot of times.

Pookah

Does being in love via fiction count? hah That is as close as I've gotten...living vicariously.

Rembrandt Broam

That's actually a smart thing to wonder. There is a difference between being in love and actually loving someone. There has to be a mutual respect to begin with. There has to be more than just sex and sexual attraction for a relationship to survive the 'in love' stage. It takes a lot of work, compromise, blood, sweat, tears and perseverance.

You have to be prepared to accept that things won't always be great. You have to be ready to work things out and not give up on someone over the slightest disappointment or mistake and not simply leave someone when things get too difficult. Not everyone is up to that. I once had a boyfriend who told me that he would leave me if I were mentally ill or had some kind of eating disorder. I did appreciate his honesty, but I knew then (before I realized I had SA) that he wasn't the person for me. You can't give up on someone so easily. You have to at least put up a fight until you're sure that things cannot be fixed.

I guarantee that those old couples you see holding hands have been through a lot together. From the best to the worst. Some of the long-term couples you see have been through hell and back together.

This.

I wish more people realised that. The media (movies, TV, magazines, etc.) give people totally unrealistic expectations of "love", and when the reality doesn't live up to that expectation (which it never could) they think that something must be wrong, or maybe this person isn't "The One" because surely with "The One" everything will always be easy and effortless, so they bail on the relationship.

Damaged

Yeah i was stupidly in love with my ex boyfriend and look where that got me.
I don't think il will be able to let anyone in for a while i just feel like i dont want to put my scars/issues onto someone else who will just end up being more ashamed of me.

sanitariumcalls

Many loves, a few deep ones, several heartbreaks, most of them pretty nasty...

But that's how life is. You will never find the one until you ride the rollercoaster.

Oh and don't bust yourself looking, love NEVER pops up until you stop looking!!!

supaflyz

I was twice only. Both times ended up going no where, only left with broken pieces. There were some girls that like me before, but they weren't my type.

doubleM

i loved a girl once. we were good friends and i didnt tell her because i knew she would reject me. she didnt date guys like me. she loves the arrogant types. one day i called her up and told her how i felt, let it all out. she kinda blew me off. then about 2 months later she ran off and married some guy she barely knew.
last i saw of her she is on her 3rd marriage and had her heart broke about 3 times. has 2 kids from 2 different dads. she will never learn.
telling her how i felt was one of the hardest things ive ever done in my life. but i did it. it meant nothing to her obviously. that took years to get over.

spring

i've fall in love with the best freind of my boyfriend,how lame is that?
i keep trying to work things out with my bf ,but whenever i see him my heart just melts.
i'm trying to stop thinking about him since i will never know how he feels about me and i it unfair to my boyfreind.

Yes i've been in love a few times, really strong feelings for these person's.
But also experienced a broken heart.
Now I have feelings for someone too.

uh... what does it feel like to be in love? I can't even remember what it's like to have a crush on someone..

I was for a short while a long time ago, but it did not take long for the person to kill it.
It turns out that person was not in love with me as they originally made out to be.

that_girl

I'm 19 and I had never been in love, maybe because is very difficult for me to trust in people.

And I think noone had fallen in love with me.