How are you feeling?

PerseverareJasmine

Pretty uncomfortable at the moment. I have really sensitive skin, and I'm not sure what caused it yet, but somehow an irritating, itchy rash has shown up on both sides of my mouth. Its showing up as a slightly red patch of skin. The patches aren't very large, they extend from about the middle of my chin upwards to a bit higher than the corners of my mouth, but its starting to get scaly. I tried to put Aloe Vera gel on it to soothe it, but it ended up making it worse and caused it to sting (caused me to yell out a few curse words as the sting kicked in as well), so I rinsed it off.

Now I've been putting the only variant of a cold compress I have at the moment (a bag of frozen corn :eek:mg:) on it, but even though I haven't been putting it on the rash excessively, the rash has still been drying out, which is leading to more itchiness and discomfort. Not a fun situation.

Last edited:

Lavinialuna

Annoyed.

I have been having bouts of insomnia... how does anyone deal with this!?? I am thinking it is far more horrible than I ever imagined. My head won't turn off the thoughts and the darkness that usually lures me into dreamland is frigging awful. My mind literally treated me to every regret I have had in my life like a film. I wonder if I am not having anxiety attacks while trying to fall asleep. I think that is what is happening. I hope it stops.
I always have insomnia when I have PMS. Hormones can wreak havoc! Hope you slept better last night.

I'm feeling okay I guess. I could be better but I refuse to be depressed anymore. I want things to get better. My bed won't become my coffin since I stay in it so much.
Stunned to see another A.E. Housman fan! Doesn't happen often!

Pretty uncomfortable at the moment. I have really sensitive skin, and I'm not sure what caused it yet, but somehow an irritating, itchy rash has shown up on both sides of my mouth. Its showing up as a slightly red patch of skin. The patches aren't very large, they extend from about the middle of my chin upwards to a bit higher than the corners of my mouth, but its starting to get scaly. I tried to put Aloe Vera gel on it to soothe it, but it ended up making it worse and caused it to sting (caused me to yell out a few curse words as the sting kicked in as well), so I rinsed it off.

Now I've been putting the only variant of a cold compress I have at the moment (a bag of frozen corn :eek:mg:) on it, but even though I haven't been putting it on the rash excessively, the rash has still been drying out, which is leading to more itchiness and discomfort. Not a fun situation.

Hope you find out what it is. Could it possibly be yeast? People with sensitive skin (like me) react from time to time to the fungus that naturally grows on human skin. This is what my Dr. told me. Sometimes I have a strange rash behind my ears that are actually like zits but they never go away, they just stay there. It is a yeast reaction.
Search rash pics online to see if you can identify it, or a faster route to really testing it might be to use a little antifungal in a spot and see if it does anything. If it does turn out to be fungal I know of ways to kill those suckers.
(sorry to give advice like a MOM, it's a hard habit to break! :giggle:)

PerseverareJasmine

Hope you find out what it is. Could it possibly be yeast? People with sensitive skin (like me) react from time to time to the fungus that naturally grows on human skin. This is what my Dr. told me. Sometimes I have a strange rash behind my ears that are actually like zits but they never go away, they just stay there. It is a yeast reaction.
Search rash pics online to see if you can identify it, or a faster route to really testing it might be to use a little antifungal in a spot and see if it does anything. If it does turn out to be fungal I know of ways to kill those suckers.
(sorry to give advice like a MOM, it's a hard habit to break! :giggle:)

That's alright, I appreciate your advice. My mom's an LVN, so I've gotten used to being advised like this sometimes :).

When I showed the rash to my mom she told me that it might be fungal, but she's not completely sure. I looked up pictures of rashes around the mouth, and went to the webpage that the picture of the rash that looks most similar to mine is on, and from reading the descriptions I think that it may be perioral dermatitis (web page stated it happens to people with oily skin, that it can spread to the chin and upper lip, making the area really dry and flaky, and that it could be caused by using face washes, lotions, or creams that contain strong chemicals). Before the rash appeared, I did just recently start using a Clearasil face wash, so that might have been a possible cause of the rash, but I'm not certain.

The other option on the webpage that seemed like it could be a match is contact dermatitis (says on page that it can be caused by using skincare products that are too harsh on the skin, or coming in contact with irritants such as makeup that irritates the skin). Again, the Clearasil wash falls into this category. I'm thinking that maybe the chemicals in it were too harsh for me. When it comes to makeup, on the very rare times that I do go out somewhere, I normally opt out of wearing any, but sometimes I'll put on some face powder and lip gloss. I've been using the same brand of face powder for a very long time now though, so I don't think that would have caused the rash if I've been using it all this time without any issues coming up on my skin.

Hopefully I can get some antifungal from Walgreens and test it out on a spot of the rash, like you said, to see if the rash has any reaction to it. Thanks again LaviniaLuna!

Lavinialuna

That's alright, I appreciate your advice. My mom's an LVN, so I've gotten used to being advised like this sometimes :).

When I showed the rash to my mom she told me that it might be fungal, but she's not completely sure. I looked up pictures of rashes around the mouth, and went to the webpage that the picture of the rash that looks most similar to mine is on, and from reading the descriptions I think that it may be perioral dermatitis (web page stated it happens to people with oily skin, that it can spread to the chin and upper lip, making the area really dry and flaky, and that it could be caused by using face washes, lotions, or creams that contain strong chemicals). Before the rash appeared, I did just recently start using a Clearasil face wash, so that might have been a possible cause of the rash, but I'm not certain.

The other option on the webpage that seemed like it could be a match is contact dermatitis (says on page that it can be caused by using skincare products that are too harsh on the skin, or coming in contact with irritants such as makeup that irritates the skin). Again, the Clearasil wash falls into this category. I'm thinking that maybe the chemicals in it were too harsh for me. When it comes to makeup, on the very rare times that I do go out somewhere, I normally opt out of wearing any, but sometimes I'll put on some face powder and lip gloss. I've been using the same brand of face powder for a very long time now though, so I don't think that would have caused the rash if I've been using it all this time without any issues coming up on my skin.

Hopefully I can get some antifungal from Walgreens and test it out on a spot of the rash, like you said, to see if the rash has any reaction to it. Thanks again LaviniaLuna!

Hope it clears up soon. Rashes are no fun at all!

shyflower

I don't get it..I was told I am mean today and I don't think people get it that I don't put up with other people's bullshit.. I have no tolerance for it. I try to be nice.. but nice does not always work.

Lavinialuna

I don't get it..I was told I am mean today and I don't think people get it that I don't put up with other people's bullshit.. I have no tolerance for it. I try to be nice.. but nice does not always work.

Don't take it to heart. Some people don't like to hear the truth, and as long as you are as respectful as you can be, than there is nothing wrong with telling the truth. Keep your chin up :)

shyflower

Don't take it to heart. Some people don't like to hear the truth, and as long as you are as respectful as you can be, than there is nothing wrong with telling the truth. Keep your chin up :)

I took someone's number out of my phone.. they stopped talking to me and are now talking to someone else. I was asked by them when I ran into them today if I still have their number.. I said no, I don't and they said I took it out due to meanness . No. I took it out because we don't talk anymore, how is that being mean? I was accused of taking the number out due to me hating them.. I don't hate them..I just don't keep numbers if they are no use to me.

GraybeardGhost

Heavy, man, as though my arms and legs and everything in between were stuffed with wet sand. I kinda want to go out just for the hell of it, maybe hit some thrift stores and see what I can see, but I don't feel like I can move. I'm petrifying, slowly turning into my own tombstone. Gotta do something before the moss starts to sprout.

Lavinialuna

I took someone's number out of my phone.. they stopped talking to me and are now talking to someone else. I was asked by them when I ran into them today if I still have their number.. I said no, I don't and they said I took it out due to meanness . No. I took it out because we don't talk anymore, how is that being mean? I was accused of taking the number out due to me hating them.. I don't hate them..I just don't keep numbers if they are no use to me.

I don't think that was mean, just honest. If it makes you feel less awkward next time something like that happens, just tell a little white lie (Sorry, I had to get a new phone and didn't have your number on paper...) I abhor lying, but in a case like this it might have saved you from the negativity.
If this is someone you don't really care about, I would try to forget it. You don't need negative comments like that in your life. Hope you find something to smile about today :)

Lavinialuna

Heavy, man, as though my arms and legs and everything in between were stuffed with wet sand. I kinda want to go out just for the hell of it, maybe hit some thrift stores and see what I can see, but I don't feel like I can move. I'm petrifying, slowly turning into my own tombstone. Gotta do something before the moss starts to sprout.

I feel similar today :crying:

MollyBeGood

I get this too...like I am stuck in some kind of muck...physically stuck. Is it the physical manifestation of depression? I wonder if that is not it for me. It's even worse when the brain is freezing up too at the same time.

Hope ya got out and did the thrifting, that is a fun way to spend a day!

Lavinialuna

I'm sorry to hear that, Lavinia. It's not a fun way to feel. Seems to be chronic for me, and I'm guessing for you as well. Maybe we'll get past it someday, maybe we won't. We can but hope.

I get this too...like I am stuck in some kind of muck...physically stuck. Is it the physical manifestation of depression? I wonder if that is not it for me. It's even worse when the brain is freezing up too at the same time.

Hope ya got out and did the thrifting, that is a fun way to spend a day!

Somedays I feel like the batteries just aren't quite connected, or almost totally dead... then all of a sudden I get a day where everything seems A-okay and all systems are go. Do you guys get this too?
On the bad days it's like making every move inside of a soaking wet sleeping bag.
All I can do is hope for more good days than bad, and I hope you guys have better days ahead for you too!

Had a bit of a headache, but feels like it's going away. It feels weird being back in school after being out a few years. And my boss wants me to come in at a different time the next 2 days, so I'm already gonna have to miss a couple classes. She wanted me to call to work out the time, but I didn't check my messages until she already left the office, so now I'm nervous that she won't like that I waited until tomorrow morning to talk to her.

S_Spartan

Somedays I feel like the batteries just aren't quite connected, or almost totally dead... then all of a sudden I get a day where everything seems A-okay and all systems are go. Do you guys get this too?
On the bad days it's like making every move inside of a soaking wet sleeping bag.
All I can do is hope for more good days than bad, and I hope you guys have better days ahead for you too!

I can relate. I try to take advantadge of the good days when I realize I'm having them.
There are days where I get out of bed and know that much ain't gonna happen that day. Lol.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Seen better days... Last Tuesday springs tae mind. :sad:

Ignored, alienated... And utterly alone - that's me.

#MommyDearest
It's quite shocking how horrid some woman can be to their children.:sad:

Livid, heartbroken, sick to my stomach. Total overreaction. I'll get over it eventually.
That sounds really bad, I hope you can start to get over it as soon as possible, GB.

(Does anyone else think we should petition for a hugging smiley in here???)

Got the hell out of a closed group on Facebook last night. It was like being in an illegal dog fight! :eek: The moderators in it just stood back and let everyone bite each other! Yeah, that works :eek:h:
I am feeling very grateful for how well this place is moderated, thankful for the mods in here.