How are you feeling?

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Drained of all energy and motivation.

I can relate to that most days lately. It's hard to rekindle such things, but definitely can.

Unimportant

You are important to me, wingman.

Worried and kind of pathetic. :/

You aren't pathetic, just retune that thought to being, "I feel pathetic, but really, my situation and issues drive that feeling, but it's really not true". Because you're far from it =D Hope you relax. :)

Phoenixx

Weird and uncomfortable. Used Skype for the first time today. I haven't stopped thinking about it since. I was fine after using it a little while, and now I feel like I can never do it again. :/ I've had tons of exposure this weekend too, and that definitely doesn't help. Too many social things at once. I need a break.

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Okay, life has been so crazy recently, life has thrown so many hurdles at me, some I have stupidly walked into and only have myself to blame. But I keep picking myself up regardless and dusting myself off.

My detox was hell, they messed my medication half way through, which set me back about two weeks of pain and withdrawals. But I have learnt I am a stubborn ass when I set my mind to something.

Now this detox has finished, I thought I would feel better, but I don't really, it's nice not to be a slave to a medication/substitute, but there is now a gaping hole In my life... it's like now what? I'm trying to see this as an opportunity though, to fill that gap with more positive things, or apply my stubborn nature to beating my problems.

This is a great STEP - you have the right attitude written here, it just shows how that hole must be filled by what you know it needs. Getting there is another journey, but you're well on your way!

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Weird and uncomfortable. Used Skype for the first time today. I haven't stopped thinking about it since. I was fine after using it a little while, and now I feel like I can never do it again. :/ I've had tons of exposure this weekend too, and that definitely doesn't help. Too many social things at once. I need a break.

This is good - but you can burn out, social/exposure overload, we all need to go our own pace and it's like anything you work on, no one does a 200m dash right off the bat or run 5 miles - you build up - you did a lot, be proud of what you've done, using Skype is big. Take a break, but force yourself after you feel ready again, it's easy to slide back into avoiding again, don't =) Good job, Phoenixx, lucky bloke who got to see you on Skype :D:)

Phoenixx

This is good - but you can burn out, social/exposure overload, we all need to go our own pace and it's like anything you work on, no one does a 200m dash right off the bat or run 5 miles - you build up - you did a lot, be proud of what you've done, using Skype is big. Take a break, but force yourself after you feel ready again, it's easy to slide back into avoiding again, don't =) Good job, Phoenixx, lucky bloke who got to see you on Skype :D:)
^ Yeah I definitely need a break. I still have a party to go to today. D: But once I am done with that, I think I'm shutting myself in the house for a few days.

Heh. Yeah I guess you could say he was lucky. I still am very wary of showing my face here, let alone I'm terrified of taking a picture of myself. Ugh, I need to get over this.

Oh Marley, I'm sorry ::(:

Phoenixx

Oh Marley, I'm sorry ::(:
^ Don't be sorry, it's not your fault! I'm glad I got to use Skype. I was really nervous at first, but after about the first 30 mins. I was fine. It was just afterwards I just had this weird feeling. It's just that I've been too exposed this weekend. Don't blame yourself. I just need to relax.

Feathers

Aww, Phoenixx, hope you manage to recuperate soon!!

I was totally freaking out before and after my first international Skype conversation too... She was really nice and it went well, I was still kinda frazzled before and after... And didn't really want to go on Skype again lol..

Too many things at once can be kinda frazzling, yup! Hope the party goes well! :)

And yeah it can be nice to have some calm days afterwards to chill and maybe read a good book or such...

Rembrandt Broam

^ Don't be sorry, it's not your fault! I'm glad I got to use Skype. I was really nervous at first, but after about the first 30 mins. I was fine. It was just afterwards I just had this weird feeling. It's just that I've been too exposed this weekend. Don't blame yourself. I just need to relax.

I get like that after I've done something that's outside my comfort zone. There's often an intial period of increased anxiety, but then that subsides and I feel good that I challenged myself, and came through it. I'm sure that will be the case for you too.

Well done for being brave enough to do something that scared you! :)

Feathers

my feelings: I wish I didn't worry so much and didn't have a temper!! Grr!!

RL: frazzled too - not sure if I want to be part of this but it's tomorrow and I'd need to make up my mind before already ideally!! mum expected me to help, though they'd understand if I don't come either...
I explained I was terrified last year too and she was kinda shocked/surprised to hear it?? ('But you performed in front of all those people in _________' - 'Yeah mum, I was terrified then too... & guess why I didn't perform much since?')
so far they did &planned things differently from what I'd want it to be though, yikes... I'd prefer to not be there at all...

what to do?

(oh and anyone please don't quote me, I hate it :)) I hate it even if my sis names a folder after me Grr!!

Danfalc

Banned
I was okay, feeling hurt and confused now. Funny how you pick yourself up and life decides to kick you in the balls again. I have to laugh though, if I didn't I would probably cry.