How many single people are there?

Are you single?

• Total voters

Isola

I'm single.
And to be honest, I do get jealous when I see a cute couple walking in my street.

I hope I'll meet my soulmate one day.

But we're not all that lucky I guess.

maiato

Banned
I guess i'm on the wrong place. Is this a date site? : P

Hopefull it not how it starts that matters....but how it ends :)

JamesSmith

From the poll it looks like 94% of the ppl on this site are single. Why don't ppl think this is true ? It seems logical to me since we all have SP.

I thought it was weird because in the USA, 96% of people get married at least once in their lifetime. And when you have 94% of people on here who aren't in a relationship now, you've got to think that a good chunk of these people aren't going to get married. I think that is amazing, because that means so many of us are fitting into that 4% that won't get married. I'm surprised because 4% ain't much, yet a good amount of us will probably be in that 4%.

I also read in a study on marriage that people that go over 30 years old and haven't been married, have a much higher chance of never getting married than their unmarried under-30 counterparts. Again, there were a good amount of people on here complaining about being virgins who are over 30. I find it amazing that shyness has that much of an impact on dating lives. 94% not in a relationship? You wouldn't see that in other kind of forum besides an SA forum. That 94% doesn't seem logical for any kind of group of human beings, no matter what their disorder is.

chris11

How long is a piece of string?

Oh, well ,obviously, L--enless you want to solve it with fouier transforms, in which case it's infinitly long-and tied at both ends. Fouier transforms should well be avoided, by the way. They're ugly. But, that's just my anxiety speaking. Well they are tedious, well, the transfomration makes life easier...:confused::confused::confused::confused:

hoddesdon

I also know the tendency of persons with SA to want to predict the future without letting things play out. I've done so most of my life in order to save my fragile ego from further damage I'm sure it will endure.

That is a worthwhile insight.

I'm 20 (21 in spetember) and I've nevere had a boyfriend. It's annoying because I have no shortage of creepers for potential suitors, but normal decent guys don't seem to like my type. Oh well, I think I need to learn to depend on myself for happiness rather than other people before I get into a committed relationship.

Toomuchfear

That is a whopping Yes. More than I expected. I still stand by my statement that SA sadly brings loneliness. We are marvellous, happy, friendly people... but we've got this mental shell protecting us from making deep connections with others. Yet horrible and ****'s are inundated with love interests... it is not fair really

Everyone on here can find someone. Never give up guys and gals- Never!

MollyBeGood

imho .....If you really want to be in a relationship you have to put yourself out there. There is no other way around it. Make an ass of yourself if you have to, but try, just try and keep trying, right? The more practice you have the better you will get at it and the more likely you can find someone to love and love you back.

you have to suffer through bad kisses and rejection and breakups like everyone else and know that it's really just part of life and learning to love.(even the most beautiful successful people have had their hearts broken) Nobody is just going to fall into your lap. Nothing happens without effort ya know?

So don't label yourself to death, or the label will be your death. " I am too shy I will always be single" don't tell yourselves that self-defeating stuff.

good luck!

All the single SPW'ers
All the single SPW'er
All the single SPW'ers
All the single SPW'ers
All the single SPW'ers
all the single SPW'ers
All the single SPW'ers

NOW PUT YOUR HANDS UP!!!!!

Whoa oh OHHH oh ohh ohh OOOOO