Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
OH MY GOD I got an A on the assignment I was 100% convinced I would get a C on because it was done at the last minute and I only had five sources when we needed six :eek: This professor makes no sense but I won't complain, I'm so relieved.

Congratzzzz!!! :numberone::applause::thumbup:

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I should have just gone to work...
I should have just gone!

:/ Was it the lifeguard job you were talking about recently?

Don't beat yourself up... But try to remember how it makes you feel, this way next time (because there will be a next time :)), maybe you will find the courage to go only to avoid this feeling of failure. It feels a lot better to fail after trying as hard as you can, that to fail for not trying.

I think the same thing whenever I go to Behance or DeviantArt.

I don't know Behance but DeviantArt is one of the places that made me say that... As well as emerging artists and people covering songs on youtube :p

*googling Behance*

Deco

Behance is very good too. I think it is the best option if you're looking for any
job opportunities.
Sometimes I get amazed by some digital paintings and concept arts in these sites.
Why does a Cintiq have to be so expensive?

Last edited:
Counselling Blog - Why Do I Feel Unloveable? - Why Do I Feel Unloveable?

Why Do I Feel Unloveable?

Often when people feel unloveable, it is tied into one of the following reasons:
1. As a child, a parent or authority figure either told you – or sent out the message that – you were unloveable. Because of that, you came to believe that your core self was deficient, unacceptable or inadequate. Now you find it hard to believe that anyone could ever love you as you, just for being you.
2. You experienced rejection, desertion or abandonment in one of your closest relationships. Now love feels scary, and is a source of anxiety and fear – rather than healing and security.
3. You feel regret for something you did, or the way you treated a person you loved. Hence, you don’t believe you deserved to be loved, or you fear you will make a mistake again.
4. You have developed a series of flawed beliefs that have coloured your expectations for love. For example, you may have concluded that love leads to pain …. or that no-one can be trusted … or love always ends.
5. A voice in your head says you cannot change so you don’t believe that “you have what it takes”. But none of us is perfect; we’re all on a journey; and if we choose to take a risk then we’ll find that we can change.

I have to go see a professor during his office hours tomorrow and I'm scared I'll look nervous. I don't have a choice but to go so I can have more time to write my essay (which is much needed), but I hope I can pull off looking normal and not blush or anything like that. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh save me :eek: :sad:

Counselling Blog - Why Do I Feel Unloveable? - Why Do I Feel Unloveable?

Why Do I Feel Unloveable?

Often when people feel unloveable, it is tied into one of the following reasons:
1. As a child, a parent or authority figure either told you – or sent out the message that – you were unloveable. Because of that, you came to believe that your core self was deficient, unacceptable or inadequate. Now you find it hard to believe that anyone could ever love you as you, just for being you.
2. You experienced rejection, desertion or abandonment in one of your closest relationships. Now love feels scary, and is a source of anxiety and fear – rather than healing and security.
3. You feel regret for something you did, or the way you treated a person you loved. Hence, you don’t believe you deserved to be loved, or you fear you will make a mistake again.
4. You have developed a series of flawed beliefs that have coloured your expectations for love. For example, you may have concluded that love leads to pain …. or that no-one can be trusted … or love always ends.
5. A voice in your head says you cannot change so you don’t believe that “you have what it takes”. But none of us is perfect; we’re all on a journey; and if we choose to take a risk then we’ll find that we can change.

Thank you for sharing - I'm sure that's quite relevant to many here.

Also, that's a great five-thousandth post, by the way. ;)

Last edited:

Argentum

Maybe my long, long list of unpopular opinions is a good thing. Look at the state of the world with the currently dominant trends in thought, attitude, and action. It's shit. Popular opinion is giving us a world of suffering, fear, avoidance, isolation, self-medication, division, emptiness, and problems we don't know what to do with. Popular ways of doing things throughout human history have only ever swapped out one set of problems for another.

But no one listens to someone whose ideas just make them angry, challenged, and intimidated.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Maybe my long, long list of unpopular opinions is a good thing. Look at the state of the world with the currently dominant trends in thought, attitude, and action. It's shit. Popular opinion is giving us a world of suffering, fear, avoidance, isolation, self-medication, division, emptiness, and problems we don't know what to do with. Popular ways of doing things throughout human history have only ever swapped out one set of problems for another.

But no one listens to someone whose ideas just make them angry, challenged, and intimidated.

iagree.gif

It's amazing how facing a fear and coming away feeling like you handled it well can boost your mood. It really put my entire day in a positive context. It shows you the little things - the things you think don't matter much to your overall perspective - can sometimes be everything. I feel hopeful :)

I even lost my debit card and won't be able to eat for another four hours at least but it isn't even troubling me as much as it would normally. I wish I understood how to influence my emotions just like that. The things I think will help don't and the unexpected and sometimes undesirable things are often the best help of all. Pfft, humans.

AtTheGates

Banned
I really don't think young people should be prescribed such strong mind-altering drugs just because the parents INSIST upon it...its not fair to the kid and I think doctors/psychiatrists should really consider that....sometimes parents think they know whats best but they DONT and they need to have someone to give them a 2nd opinion before their child is chemically "lobotomized" by a medication regimen of psychotropic drugs....Sometimes the PARENTS are the one's who need to be medicated.

Last edited:
It's a very small world, especially with technology.

There's a crazy story my professor shared with us today. One year he had received an email from a random guy in Dublin telling him excitedly he had bought the house from Joyce's "The Dead." When we asked how/why some random guy found his email and sent that, he vaguely replied that he was in a database of Irish scholars or something (he's an Irish studies guy). Strange. But anyway, years after that - by which time my professor had forgotten all about the random email - the professor took a group of students to Dublin and they went to see the Joyce house. Not only was that random email guy there - and gave them a tour - but my professor knew a woman who grew up across the street from the guy and her brother was the guy's best friend. The brother had died in an accident, which my professor knew.

Small, small world. Stories like that are so cool but so freaky.

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I hope you can, changes might be just around the corner :thumbup:

Apart from the prospect uh huvin' a few neccessary operations done within this year or early next, ah don't envision many changes in ma life. I'm still stuck in depressin' co-dependent relationship with ma dysfunctional family. Cannae up sticks an' leave because they need me, and love, despite treatin' me like shit. Plus ma mum an' sisters are convinced ah'll not cope on ma own cuz o' ma disability.