Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MollyBeGood

Life has such a dispiriting way of stripping everything from you. It's like the big cosmic joke, and all I can do sometimes is laugh. It is humorous how bleak it can be.

SoScared

Man, this is another of these really really bad days when it just gets worse and worse. I wish there was somebody out there for me but there just isn't. There once was somebody but she has gone now. I wonder what will happen over the next two days.

Its a wonder if i will make it through for all sorts of reasons time.

Ithior

Argh I've tried everything but I can't get my model accuracy past 76%. Most groups have gotten up to 80% and some even got to 84%. I don't know why, they're only learning this now while I learned it last year, so I should have an advantage over them.
I'm going to try a different software now, I guess that might be the difference (I'm almost certainly using a software they aren't using).

Nanita

Man, this is another of these really really bad days when it just gets worse and worse. I wish there was somebody out there for me but there just isn't. There once was somebody but she has gone now. I wonder what will happen over the next two days.

Its a wonder if i will make it through for all sorts of reasons time.

I hope you will feel better soon.
I just had 3 days of misery and everything just kept getting worse. But I began feeling better like I usually do. My life goes up and down in waves of misery that comes and goes.

Ithior

Argh I've tried everything but I can't get my model accuracy past 76%. Most groups have gotten up to 80% and some even got to 84%. I don't know why, they're only learning this now while I learned it last year, so I should have an advantage over them.
I'm going to try a different software now, I guess that might be the difference (I'm almost certainly using a software they aren't using).

I guess it's not the software, I couldn't get past 69% with a software our teacher recommended.

anomicdeer

I really want the job. I'm calling them tomorrow to find out if they chose someone already just so I can get the pressure off my chest...

Then I can just move on...

Ithior

I guess it's not the software, I couldn't get past 69% with a software our teacher recommended.

Damn, I got my models to predict with over 80% accuracy consistently after changing seeds, training data, and so on, only keeping the type of model and attributes. But when I make the prediction to be evaluated it's always 72%.

Odo

Banned
I am seriously wondering just how much longer I can keep living like this. When I was younger I thought it would go away and all it took was throwing myself into these situations enough... but now I'm in these situations every single day and all it does is wear me out.

I'm not even depressed or sad... it's seriously a question of whether or not I will physically be able to handle the amount of stress caused by just being outside around people.

I really want the job. I'm calling them tomorrow to find out if they chose someone already just so I can get the pressure off my chest...

Then I can just move on...
^ Good luck with getting this job, anomicdeer. :thumbup:

It is still weird for me when I come across many posts in here and I think "Wow, I could have written that whole post myself"!

Love this.

7240929_f260.jpg

nodejesque

I'm feeling irritated. I let myself get upset over nothing. It's something to me, but I guess not important enough for anyone else. So what's the point of getting upset? I just ruined my Friday.

And I can't find my book. So I'm pissed.

Ithior

Damn, I got my models to predict with over 80% accuracy consistently after changing seeds, training data, and so on, only keeping the type of model and attributes. But when I make the prediction to be evaluated it's always 72%.

YES YES YES
Finally got 80%, all I needed to do was use leave one out cross validation. I actually wanted to do it before but I didn't know how to do it in the software I'm using. I was bored and wasting time before going to bed so I decided to look it up. Found out it was really simple to implement (had looked it up before but only got really complicated methods), used it, got great results, submitted them and finally got those 80%. Next goal: 84%.