Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

planemo

Aye, me too... Cuz it's pure shite being liked by somebuddy ye actually hate.

lol yes. I should rephrase, I wonder what it's like to be liked by someone you like?

Also gutted for you Scots. I was rooting for you all the way.

Last edited:

Ithior

Got an assignment today, due in December. Gathered with my group after class, we assigned a problem to each one (4 problems to solve, 4 people in the group). Got home, had dinner, finished my part of the assignment. Well that was fast.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
lol yes. I should rephrase, I wonder what it's like to be liked by someone you like?

Ah couldnae tell ye... Ah dinnae like many people, tae be honest.

Also gutted for you Scots. I was rooting for you all the way.

Aye, losin' oan penalties, nuthin' new there fur the national team. An Scotland were so close anaw. Though, Craig Joubert didnae half legit off the pitch efter awarding that penalty. :bigsmile:

Phoenixx

I am having such a shitty semester, academically. I don't know what's wrong with me. I feel so stupid this semester, I want to cry. :sad: No matter what I do, how much I study, I can't retain anything. Just when I think I might actually have a decent grade at an exam, I end up with a barely passing grade.
I just took an online exam for my Management course and ended up failing it. :sad: I don't even understand what went wrong. I was sure I knew my laws and the basics of business, but apparently I know absolutely nothing. I already had a quiz and a test yesterday too, so I've literally done nothing but study this week. I want to say I did well on my quiz, but who knows at this point. I probably failed yesterday's exam too.

What's wrong with me??? Why can't I do anything right??? :crying::kickingmyself:

Ithior

Thanks Microsoft Office for just erasing 1 hour of my work today.

I chose to keep the server version because the local one was missing some stuff. Actually managed to see my complete work there, but a second later Microsoft decided to "merge" the two files and delete all the progress I had done in the more complete one. Thanks!

Ithior

I chose to keep the server version because the local one was missing some stuff. Actually managed to see my complete work there, but a second later Microsoft decided to "merge" the two files and delete all the progress I had done in the more complete one. Thanks!

Good thing OneDrive's browser version allows you to check the version history, I was able to find my complete file and download it. Thank god, I really didn't want to do everything again.

Last edited:
My brother likes to bring his kids over unannounced and it's starting become an unbearable annoyance.

Between work, fatigue, the kids being here and friend obligations I can barely work on projects at all. Everything is always constantly on hold or getting along at a glacial phase and it's REALLY getting to me. I need to be able to concentrate.

VR is coming out in consumer form next year and I barely even know how to initiate animations in game engines, let alone understanding script language. All I know it 3D modeling and animating. At this rate I'm not going to be ready by the time I need to.

Ithior

One thing I like about my master's programme in relation my bachelor's is that all the 4 units we have this semester are all connected to each other. It has only been one month of classes but we often talk about stuff from other units (the two more practical units are constantly mentioning stuff we learned in the two theoretical units), so it gives us a sense that what we're learning is actually important and not just there to fill the programme. In my bachelor's most of it felt useless.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I wonder if life is supposed to be hard. I mean, in order to live a "good" one. It's probably not so simple, but effort and hard work feels to me contribute to a life as much as leisure and relaxing. Maybe it's just the whole idea of having split up into work/play/sleep that I'm realizing. "Work" is not really work if it isn't somewhat difficult, or you at least challenge yourself.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
^I don't think life is supposed to be anything. Can we know for sure that the well-achieved lawyer made this world a better place than some fisherman who never got out of his island and who's life was like a long quiet river? I don't think so. In fact I don't think it is the case.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
^I don't think life is supposed to be anything. Can we know for sure that the well-achieved lawyer made this world a better place than some fisherman who never got out of his island and who's life was like a long quiet river? I don't think so. In fact I don't think it is the case.

:thumbup:.......:thumbup:

Kiwong

I read where social anxiety is seen as not being a real fear.

They talk about the flight or fight response and that the danger is not real, like our ancestors being chased by Sabre toothed tigers was. The fear of social anxiety I see as a different fear; the fear of not being able to fit in, to be so different to be excluded socially. Human beings need to fit into a group, to be able to relate t other people in the group. This was important for an individuals survival in the cave man times, and it is still important now.

I'm not sure I agree that social fear is not a real fear. Having a mental illness can lead to sufferers not being accepted, of being seen a different, to being labelled as weird, strange and creepy, to being excluded. I think that is very dangerous, and soul destroying for a human being, it can lead to complete undermining of a feeling of worth as a human being. Survival in modern civilisation requires the social skills to hold down a job, to link with other people for a whole range of reasons.

To fit in, to belong, is something fundamental to a human being a social animal. And it is dangerous to be so different to be shunned and excluded socially, it may not be an imminent threat to survival, but a slower more insidious undermining of mental and physical health, which in the long term can affect mortality and longevity, it is a real fear.

Last edited: