Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

bsebring

Maybe it's just me, but I find meeting new people is total pain in the arse - especially when you're obligated to do so by a family member.

Maybe I'm no much of a people person, anymore.

Ya, it's apart of our introverted personality. Drains me out.

Phoenixx

Since everyone else was checking their grades (Not just on here. Facebook too), I decided to check mine. I knew mine wasn't going to be that good, but I didn't think it would be that bad. I feel ashamed of myself. A supposed-to-be straight-A student and having a GPA like that. This semester was so incredibly hard, not so much classes as it was everything else. I guess all the stress and depression got to me more than I thought it did. And I feel pathetic for even letting it all get to me. I'm not a stupid person, but seeing that GPA makes me feel absolutely awful.

I hope I'm not depressed all day just because of something like this. A part of me doesn't even feel like it's my fault, like I shouldn't even be kicking myself. I think most of the reason why my GPA was so low was because of that stupid Chemistry course. Yeah, I failed it, but I think what makes me upset the most isn't because of the grade, but because of how unfair it all was. My professor never offered to help anyone, didn't explain anything in class, just expected you to read the textbook, he graded extremely hard, and I couldn't get tutored because I had classes during those sessions. It was all sink or swim. I basically gave up at the last two weeks. I tried everything, but wasn't getting anywhere. I knew I was going to fail, so I just accepted it.

I really hope my grades next semester are much better. Actually I just hope everything is so much easier next semester than this all was. I don't want to go through another semester like that ever again.

To those of you who did get great GPAs, good job! :)

MrJones

Actually, that grade I mentioned is so far the best I got since I started uni (and actually, the best since I was 14). And technically, I never passed the math course of the last year of highschool, I got a 4.something and they put me a 5 because they thought I was good enough to go to uni, though technically I should have repeated that course (which means an entire year lost). I'm not a good student, never been, never will be, and my grades are usually 6 out of ten, and more than once I suffered by getting a 5.0 or a 5.1 in the last moment. I think I will fail (maybe) the last one of my subjects this trimester, the one that almost half the class have dropped already. Honestly, I'm highly disappointed in myself for this, my attitude towards life in general has been getting worse and worse every day for some reasons that don't matter now.

The thing is, don't worry if you're not getting the grades you expected. What really matters is that you are actually learning what you're supposed to learn and then passing, if not the first time, at least as soon as you can. But always remember that what matter is the knowledge, not the grades.

coyote

What's your GPA?

actually, my school didn't give grades

you either received a "complete" or "incomplete"

art school ;]

but all that seems to matter to most employers is the fact that i received a bachelor's degree

they don't even care what the degree was for, let alone what my grades were

Phoenixx

^after graduating from college in 1993

no one has ever asked me what my GPA was
^ That's good. Hope no one really badgers me about mine.

The thing is, don't worry if you're not getting the grades you expected. What really matters is that you are actually learning what you're supposed to learn and then passing, if not the first time, at least as soon as you can. But always remember that what matter is the knowledge, not the grades.
^ You're right. I should just focus on what I learned and the fact that I passed because that's exactly all that matters. It's just a bit hard for me to let go of my expectations when it comes to grades, or at least to lower them.

MrJones

^ You're right. I should just focus on what I learned and the fact that I passed because that's exactly all that matters. It's just a bit hard for me to let go of my expectations when it comes to grades, or at least to lower them.
I think it's great to have high expectations, they make you work harder, but it's also important to learn that you won't always reach them. Everyone fails (and it's not even your case) and everyone gets disappointed sometimes, but we have to be strong and try it again even harder. Just keep doing your best, you should be proud of yourself just by working so hard :)

PS: and for what you deleted from your message, you can PM me about it if you want, I'm sure I could cheer you up in that sense :D

I have unpopular ideas. I get that. But do they not at least warrant a discussion?

Apparently not to some people. Instead, it's "sad" that I happen to hold the opinions that I do. People always want to tell me I'm wrong, nobody wants to tell me why. Or they tell me I'm too young, that I lack world experience. Like I just need to "grow up" and then I'll see it their way. I hate being treated like if I don't agree, I must not have thought about my opinion.
Doesn't help my anxiety, either.

Anyway... </rant>

Phoenixx

I have unpopular ideas. I get that. But do they not at least warrant a discussion?

Apparently not to some people. Instead, it's "sad" that I happen to hold the opinions that I do. People always want to tell me I'm wrong, nobody wants to tell me why. Or they tell me I'm too young, that I lack world experience. Like I just need to "grow up" and then I'll see it their way. I hate being treated like if I don't agree, I must not have thought about my opinion.

Anyway... </rant>
^ This reminds me how I feel about my cousin.

My cousin has been living in my parents' house on and off for the last year, the last 6 months being permanent. She likes to complain a lot, will sometimes come to me about whatever problem she's dealing with or has dealt with, just to talk. That's fine, but I do try to help her. I try to give her some insight or some advice. Yet no matter what I say, she always tends to just shoot it down. Same when it comes to opinions about other topics. It's all because I'm "too young," I "don't understand," "You'll know when you're older." She's 10 years older than me, but I don't feel that she should treat me like I'm still a child, that she should just shoot down or ignore everything I say just because I'm so much younger than her. I'm 18, dang it! >.<

No, it doesn't help my anxiety any either.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!

Anyway... </rant>

I empathize with how your feeling, Pyrophosphate.

Silatuyok

I really don't like the new facebook, but I really want to keep up with my sisters' updates. *sigh* Don't know what to do.

15 years without Carl Sagan

151104main_image_feature_599_ys_4.jpg

Carl Sagan said:
Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.