Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Roman Legion

Had a chat with my father last night at our discontent with life where we live.. We both have this feeling of living without a purpose, not having a place in this world where we feel comfortable.. That was our VERY brief conversation.. Where are you if you have no place of being? Lost, in exile?

MikeyC

I wish I could see a ufo or something one day, that would be awesome..
Years ago, I saw what I thought was 3 UFO's in a triangular formation, but they were nothing but grey dots moving across the sky, so I couldn't confirm it. That's the closest I've been to seeing one.

Nathália

Depression came rolling back. I don't want to try right now. Feeling like the world is against me and that I relate to no one. I forgot what happy is, I don't care.

KiaKaha

Banned
Want to know the secret of how to make people like you?

Make them feel important.

Simple eh?

But you have to do it in a way that is not obvious as it will come across as insincere, and that is not attractive.

Make them feel important:

- Pay attention to them.
- Make them feel good about themselves.
- Care about their feelings and the things that they care about.
- Validate the way that they see the world; Normalize the way that they feel.
- Stroke their ego. Praise. Make them feel like they are bigger than they really are.
- Encourage them to talk about themselves.
- and rule number 1 - consistency.

That is all there is too it.

But then of course no matter what you do - some people are just going to think you're the biggest loser they have ever met. The second rule? Not everyone is going to like you.

KiaKaha

Banned
Years ago, I saw what I thought was 3 UFO's in a triangular formation, but they were nothing but grey dots moving across the sky, so I couldn't confirm it. That's the closest I've been to seeing one.

That would count as a ufo sighting to me. That would have been pretty cool. I wish I could see one.

MikeyC

Depression came rolling back. I don't want to try right now. Feeling like the world is against me and that I relate to no one. I forgot what happy is, I don't care.
Oh, I'm sorry, Beleza. ::(: I'll be here for a little longer if you need a chat buddy.

Want to know the secret of how to make people like you?

Make them feel important.

Simple eh?

But you have to do it in a way that is not obvious as it will come across as insincere, and that is not attractive.

Make them feel important:

- Pay attention to them.
- Make them feel good about themselves.
- Care about their feelings and the things that they care about.
- Validate the way that they see the world; Normalize the way that they feel.
- Stroke their ego. Praise. Make them feel like they are bigger than they really are.
- Encourage them to talk about themselves.
- and rule number 1 - consistency.

That is all there is too it.

But then of course no matter what you do - some people are just going to think you're the biggest loser they have ever met. The second rule? Not everyone is going to like you.
Good idea in theory, but if you stroke someone's ego or praise them too much, there's a chance they won't reciprocate and only come to you to make them feel good. I guess that's rule number two in play.

I try to make people feel good where I can but sometimes it doesn't work.

KiaKaha

Banned
Oh, I'm sorry, Beleza. ::(: I'll be here for a little longer if you need a chat buddy.

Good idea in theory, but if you stroke someone's ego or praise them too much, there's a chance they won't reciprocate and only come to you to make them feel good. I guess that's rule number two in play.

I try to make people feel good where I can but sometimes it doesn't work.

That's why you got to be sincere. Otherwise it all has the opposite affect. It's a bit of a game really. But lets face it - in every friendship or relationship that has an element of respect, there is an underlying, unspoken notion that says "you are important" and that right there....is what its all about.

I have cut myself shaving and the bleeding wont stop... argh...

MikeyC

That's why you got to be sincere. Otherwise it all has the opposite affect. It's a bit of a game really. But lets face it - in every friendship or relationship that has an element of respect, there is an underlying, unspoken notion that says "you are important" and that right there....is what its all about.
You're right, as usual. :) You don't become friends with someone because you don't find them important. I'm friends with you, so that means I feel that you're important. You can't deny that, buddy. ;)

montejocarlo

528146_324062461024001_1734306696_n.jpg

KiaKaha

Banned
From what I hear your cheeks are already red from a shaving mishap, so it's already happening. :) You're a cool bloke.

Cheers mate. Stupid pond eh? You aint so bad yourself - your a good man, I just hope you can keep some of those negative thoughts away that you have trouble with. Anyway - getting all sentimental here. Time for some zzzzz's

montejocarlo

This is easier if they keep their opinions to themselves.

sure. but whether they keep their opinions to themselves or blurt them out right in our faces is none of our business. we can't control how people think/speak/act, but we can control how we take them. it's within our power to either let go of or hold on to the need to be understood or be agreed with.

KiaKaha

Banned
I find it amazing that it's so difficult to meet genuinely nice, easygoing, friendly, sincere people.
People without an agenda, who are compassionate, honest and dont dismiss or judge for silly petty reasons. People who actually are nice people not because it wins favour and gives them a sense of belonging, but do so because they are that way by nature. People with a sense of humour and who dont take themselves too seriously. You would think it would not be that hard to find. But it is.... it really, really is.

The majority of people I seem to come across these days are very superficial, rude, self righteous, overly judgmental, dismissive, in it for themselves, fueled by their own ego and selfish.

mmmm. indeed.

Facethefear

^That is correct about some people and I can only feel sorry for them because they have issues. All I can do is be calm, honest, understanding, polite and humouress. I will not play their game because i don't want to win. I don't see life as a competition with everyone I meet like jousting in the olden days. I try to avoid such persons as I would a pitbull - move slowly and get away.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I'm seriously considering buying this book:

0470640200.jpg

But I don't know if I should...? I mean, I'm wanting to record some cover songs - just me singing and an electric or acoustic guitar. But I think my confidence - or lack thereof - is stopping me moving beyond just playing the guitar, though. ::(:

shakethelight

^That is correct about some people and I can only feel sorry for them because they have issues. All I can do is be calm, honest, understanding, polite and humouress. I will not play their game because i don't want to win. I don't see life as a competition with everyone I meet like jousting in the olden days. I try to avoid such persons as I would a pitbull - move slowly and get away.

OK normally I wouldn't do this but I take offense to..."I try to avoid such persons as I would a pitbull - move slowly and get away" I find that to be judgemental an ignorant statement. Maybe you just never had the privilege of owning or being near such a loyal, loving & trust worthy animal. My pit bulls have taught me more about compassion then any person I know. Not all pitties are dangerous, it's the HUMANS who make them mean. here's a little fun fact 12 of the Mike vick dogs were rehomed and most of them are therapy dogs at that.

I am sorry for this cos I don't want to come across as a bitch. But, that just irked me.