Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

I sometimes wish it was possible to blacklist certain popular YouTube channels. Some of these popular channels are such self indulgent ego strockers. It's disgusting.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I wish, just once, I could say "No" withoot feelin' like am always lettin' certain family members doon. Or being guilt-tripped intae daein' something I don't want tae. But then, ye cannae tell yer family tae eff off now, can ye?

Raichel

I'm not sure if therapy is the solution for me. My problem is I don't trust anyone. >.< I keep answering her questions the way I think is correct, but I notice I can't really tell her how I feel. Does anyone here have experience with dealing with depression and SA without CBT from therapist? Are there any other ways to feel better?

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
That's very curious. Doesn't that kind of defeat the point of a philosophy class? It seems irresponsible.

Yes it does, and yes it is. The worst is when he makes reference to the Roman Catholic Church's stand on some of the ethical issues as an example or an argument. Don't get me wrong, religion certainly has a place in philosophy (I took a whole class on it, that made no definitive claims), but simply saying "According to the Roman Catholic Church, bladidy bladidy blah" is not an argument at all. Philosophy is a reason based discipline and the church is strongly faith based, i.e. without proof. If he were to state philosophies of roman Catholics that would be one thing, as a matter of fact quite a few famous philosophers were driven by their religious views to prove why this view or that view. :kickingmyself:

JackOfSpades

I'm not sure if therapy is the solution for me. My problem is I don't trust anyone. >.< I keep answering her questions the way I think is correct, but I notice I can't really tell her how I feel. Does anyone here have experience with dealing with depression and SA without CBT from therapist? Are there any other ways to feel better?

It doesn't have to be from a therapist, if that's an acceptable answer. There are good books available too. But I would guess to say that there are certain thought patterns that it would be helpful to you to assess.

Now for my random thought and feeling: I dont think I've ever written "assess" before. It feels good :giggle:

Yes it does, and yes it is. The worst is when he makes reference to the Roman Catholic Church's stand on some of the ethical issues as an example or an argument. Don't get me wrong, religion certainly has a place in philosophy (I took a whole class on it, that made no definitive claims), but simply saying "According to the Roman Catholic Church, bladidy bladidy blah" is not an argument at all. Philosophy is a reason based discipline and the church is strongly faith based, i.e. without proof. If he were to state philosophies of roman Catholics that would be one thing, as a matter of fact quite a few famous philosophers were driven by their religious views to prove why this view or that view. :kickingmyself:

Haha, oh man, I feel for you. I can only imagine how hard you must be biting your tongue in class. :X

But hey, look on the bright side, at least you've got a good enough grip on the subject to know when someone's teaching smelly Taurus dukes (bull s***). ;)

Starry

I adore Batman "the special needs dog"... I just saw a video on FB of him walking with his new leg braces and I cried so much. From suffering a terrible spinal injury leaving him paralysed to taking steps and regaining some sensation in his hind legs... it's wonderful and never fails to make me smile (and often cry lol)! ^__^

Flanscho

Sometimes I wonder what my social surroundings would look like, if I'd create a diagram that shows something like a solar system. Since it would be about me, I'd be represented by the sun in the center, and people I know as planets. Like, their distance to me would show how close we are, how much we know each other. Their size would mean how important they are to me, and their rotation (in an animation, or color in a still image) how often we meet.

Flanscho

Recently I got the feeling that, for some strange reason, certain people in my circle of friends try to flirt with me. :thinking:

Like, when a bomb in my neighbourhood was about to be disarmed this week (there are still thousands of unexploded bombs from WW2 around, so they are regularly found and disarmed, transported away or detonated), and the area was evacuated, a friend told me that I could always sleep at her place, should the need arise. Once the bomb was successfully disarmed, I told her those news, and she replied with "sorry then, for you having sleep alone tonight :)".

Another friend, who is currently for a semester in another country for studying, told me, when she couldn't help me with a question I had for her: "I'm sorry. I really wish I could have helped you, instead of you just helping me. ;)".

Maybe I'm just seeing things, I don't know... :idontknow:

U

user deleted

I really hate how assumptive and judgemental some people are, it irritates me so much. But then I'm pretty assumptive and judgemental of the people I accuse of being like that. Ugh.

JackOfSpades

Recently I got the feeling that, for some strange reason, certain people in my circle of friends try to flirt with me. :thinking:

Like, when a bomb in my neighbourhood was about to be disarmed this week (there are still thousands of unexploded bombs from WW2 around, so they are regularly found and disarmed, transported away or detonated), and the area was evacuated, a friend told me that I could always sleep at her place, should the need arise. Once the bomb was successfully disarmed, I told her those news, and she replied with "sorry then, for you having sleep alone tonight :)".

Another friend, who is currently for a semester in another country for studying, told me, when she couldn't help me with a question I had for her: "I'm sorry. I really wish I could have helped you, instead of you just helping me. ;)".

It's hard to tell sometimes. But reading that I couldn't help but hear that sitcom crowd go "whoooooo!" after every one of her lines. Sounds saucy.

People who walk through the city at that medium slow pace requiring you to slow down dramatically behind them lest you look ready to mug them. Or speed up substantially, ruining your leisurely pimp stroll.

Edit: also, my suggestion would be coming up with something doubly interpretable like she is, and seeing if she bites. If she's trying to lure you in, chances are she'll take it as flirtation.

Last edited:

truffleshuffle

I would have to agree the first friend with the bomb did sound a little extra flirty but the second one not as much or atleast not to me but could be wrong. I suck at reading people though so you can;t take my word for it.

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I wondering if I should post another voice clip in the Post Your Voice thread... whilist drunk?

Or should I just do a clip of speaking in Scottish dialect? :thinking: :idontknow: I mean, there's no much difference between them, really. :sarcastic: