Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MikeyC

I ate pizza all day
I have to admit...that sounds pretty freaking awesome.

I'm somewhat at a crossroads with what I should be doing with my life. I suppose it's kind of just started, considering I'm fresh out of High School, but I really don't think college is the place for me. I just feel like I don't belong.

I understand that a college education isn't necessary for success, but it's so hard to go against the groove and just make a determined decision to drop out. Nothing a university has to offer will help me pursue what I ultimately want to do. The only reason I've started attending the college was because I didn't know what else I was supposed to do and this seemed like the common path. I know there are people who've gone to college and haven't done anything with their degree, so I don't want to have to be in the same position I am now, but with a debt on my back.

I feel like I'm stuck. College is supposed to be a fulfilling experience full of freedom and responsibility, but I feel like I'm trapped and wasting my time. I want to start my life.

Hep, sorry about this. It's just so frustrating arguing with myself about this without an outside opinion. Hopefully conversing with my mom about it will help.
Knowing what you want to do when you leave school is a really difficult thing to capture. College and university is the route most people take, or you could get a trade in something (or whatever the American equivalent is). I completely understand that you feel stuck. You're just out of high school, so you would be around 18 years old, right? You have a LOT of time to decide. A girl I know is just now going to university at the age of 31, for example.

Talk to your mum and see what she says. Maybe having someone close to you that you can discuss this with might reveal a path for you.

Starry

I've noticed I'm paying less and less attention to things... On this forum I'm finding fewer and fewer topics which make me want to click them and even when I do I find myself skimming and not bothering to read most of the stuff... On FaceBook, I click to open the groups I'm in but can't find the motivation to read any of the posts, so I end up just closing the page again straight away... Maybe it's just because everything most people say is feeling like it's all so inane at the moment (including myself, I've been typing up a lot less than I used to also). Oh well...

coyote

I'm somewhat at a crossroads with what I should be doing with my life. I suppose it's kind of just started, considering I'm fresh out of High School, but I really don't think college is the place for me. I just feel like I don't belong.

I understand that a college education isn't necessary for success, but it's so hard to go against the groove and just make a determined decision to drop out. Nothing a university has to offer will help me pursue what I ultimately want to do. The only reason I've started attending the college was because I didn't know what else I was supposed to do and this seemed like the common path. I know there are people who've gone to college and haven't done anything with their degree, so I don't want to have to be in the same position I am now, but with a debt on my back.

I feel like I'm stuck. College is supposed to be a fulfilling experience full of freedom and responsibility, but I feel like I'm trapped and wasting my time. I want to start my life.

Hep, sorry about this. It's just so frustrating arguing with myself about this without an outside opinion. Hopefully conversing with my mom about it will help.

i was in the same boat - and had no money for school anyway

so i joined the Marines, basically for the adventure

then i went to college later

i've never been without a job since

Uninvited

I am so fed up with my current situation. I have been applying for job for over 2 months and still there is no answer. Checking my e-mail and local websites with job offers became my obsession. I feel I'm going nuts. I guess I'm too preoccupied with this issue because I'm ambitious and diligent. I always wanted to have a decent job that's why I learned so hard. Now I am bitterly disappointed. Perhaps I am not ready for job yet. Maybe I still need some time to work on my disorder and oversome shyness and uncertainty. But on the other hand, I desperately need to go out and have contact with other people otherwise I will never have the opportunity to practice social skills and feel at ease with others. For the time being, the Internet helps me a lot to make friends and learn to talk to people. I am perfectly aware that I won't become an easygoing sociable person within one day because it takes a lot of time. However, it is so difficult to overcome social phobia when being unemployed undermines your self-esteem.

_Hope

i knew a woman with a labia piercing - it was very nice

i say you should go for it!

I'm a guy though :giggle: thanks, I like the way it looks and think it would go kinda well with my image or maybe I am being delusional! Are we talking about the same piercing here? Lol.

Things are looking quite positive for my family. My sister may have an internship with Nestle and if she doesn't she will be guaranteed a job with them after she graduates culinary school. My other sister who is still in high school has been offered the chance to take free college courses that will go toward her early high school graduation as well as her college degree, which is just fantastic. I'm so happy for the both of them. We'll have oil for hot water in a few days. My sister wasn't supposed to be coming home for Thanksgiving this year, but I accidentally found out she's making a surprise trip to see us (my other siblings don't know). My mom got a job she had been waiting to hear about.

To top it all off, I'm reading a downright fascinating book that I came upon by accident, and in it I've read several things that have proved some of my hunches right concerning human behavior, but that others were trying to argue I was incorrect about. Hey, I'm human - it feels good to be right sometimes ;)

Gah I'm so happy, hope I don't jinx it by writing it here, hehe.

_Hope

I'm glad things are going well Opaline I bet its going to be awesome to see your sister, congrats to your other sisters, oh and to your Mom too lol OOOOH and to you too for being right lol... My oh my lots of good news there. :bigsmile:

It's my birthday and i'm feeling sad and lonely. I think PMS has a lot to do with it tho' (hope so).

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!! :applause:

GraybeardGhost

Thinking about getting a labret piercing but I'm not sure if it would suit me or not.. :thinking:

I had one for a while several years ago, but I can't say I'd recommend it. I thought it looked pretty cool at the time: just a plain 6mm steel ball peeking through the soul patch. Tried a fishtail at first, but found it so uncomfortable that I switched to a stud. I finally took it out because it was damaging my gums where the disc rubbed against them. The damage, unfortunately, was permanent.

I think the idiot who did the piercing put it too high up on the inside. Otherwise, the fishtail should have worked. He also pierced it about an eighth of an inch off-center, so I had to redo it myself when I got home—also not recommended, unless you're really into pain.

It's your call, of course, but if you decide to get it done, make sure you go to a reputable piercer and beware of cheap, externally threaded jewelry.

Last edited:

_Hope

^ You're welcome, I hope you enjoy it. :)

I had one for a while several years ago, but I can't say I'd recommend it. I thought it looked pretty cool at the time: just a plain 6mm steel ball peeking through the soul patch. Tried a fishtail at first, but found it so uncomfortable that I switched to a stud. I finally took it out because it was damaging my gums where the disc rubbed against them. The damage, unfortunately, was permanent.

I think the idiot who did the piercing put it too high up on the inside. Otherwise, the fishtail should have worked. He also pierced it about an eighth of an inch off-center, so I had to redo it myself when I got home—also not recommended, unless you're really into pain.

It's your call, of course, but if you decide to get it done, make sure you go to a reputable piercer and beware of cheap, externally threaded jewelry.

Oh snap, thank you sir, safe to say you have made me decide not to get it done. I really didn't think much about the complications or anything, I thought it was quite a simple piercing. I figure it couldn't be any worse than my tongue but I don't like the sound of it rubbing against gums if it done incorrectly. Sucks you had to go through that, safe to say your story has put me off getting it done so saved myself a few quid there which can go towards my next tattoo fund instead!