What types of people make you withdraw into your shell?

Man on the Moon

I find it hard to keep up with people who talk incessantly. People who don't pause. People who blabber is exhausting.

Last edited:

Phoenixx

Does everybody count? :rolleyes: No, the people that make me want to withdraw the most are the uber outgoing types that are loud and talk to everyone they see, whether they know them or not. Not saying this is a bad thing, but it just makes me a little uncomfortable, especially if I'm the person they're talking to and I don't know them.

Also, like tigerlilja said, people who are arrogant definitely make me withdraw more too.

I agree, people tire me out too if their too talkative but at the same time I can just sit there and listen. Its when they expect me to talk just as much then it becomes annoying. Also parties can make me withdraw into a shell.

Yep, definitely agree with the agrrogant people making me withdraw. The people who automatically set out to prove anything you say is wrong.

Also the excessively outgoing people who look at you as if you have leprosy when they realize you are quiet and not "normal" like them.

Minty

People who have an overwhelming presence or are obviously forming judgments about me in their head. Sometimes I like the blabbermouth who is completely unaware that I'm there, lol.

Honda

The super confident and street smart people... They make me feel like im dumb and naive..

fitftw

I'm very arrogant. I feel like I'm always right, which is funny because I'm 27 and completely broke and going to move back home with my parents...

I feel like I turn people away on purpose. Like sabotage.

On topic, I don't like ignorance and people who judge without getting to know the truth.

People that add sentences, upon sentences, upon sentences with slight pauses in them. Sillent pauses is a signal for me to respond, and as such I try, but when they start talking again they talk right through the beginning of my sentence.

I've almost shouted ''Silence!'' once or twice because I got so frustrated about it. If it happens often with the same person, it'll become so tiring that I stop making an effort.

Lambie

Nosey people.. who want to know everything about you and what 'you get up to', and keep asking questions that you don't have an answer for, when you fail to respond to their 'expectations' they ask another retarded one on top of it trying to make out there's something wrong with you..

MrJones

People that add sentences, upon sentences, upon sentences with slight pauses in them. Sillent pauses is a signal for me to respond, and as such I try, but when they start talking again they talk right through the beginning of my sentence.

I've almost shouted ''Silence!'' once or twice because I got so frustrated about it. If it happens often with the same person, it'll become so tiring that I stop making an effort.
You just described my father and the typical situation between us :D

mikebird

Banned
Loud people who have no interest in doing anything apart from using their voice - their one & only output

A person who sits next to me in a garden at a big party, picking handfuls of grass and throwing it at me, covering me with grass, where I get into a dilemma of either fighting back or not, during about an hour of this, depending what people think of me - where getting up and walking away could be weak or assertive... etc

mikebird

Banned
Nosey people.. who want to know everything about you and what 'you get up to', and keep asking questions that you don't have an answer for, when you fail to respond to their 'expectations' they ask another retarded one on top of it trying to make out there's something wrong with you..

Brilliant response. That is an interview, and it makes me want to lash out at them, savagely, and I can't do that, because my life is in their hands.

I never see that behaviour in a social situation, because my friends and I never poke about in anyone's personal details. The pokers might see it as 'showing an interest', so friendly, and I think the opposite

Moo

Loud and confident people. The people who enjoy being the centre of attention and will do anything to be there. They make me feel useless.
I suppose mainly from jealousy - even though I find them annoying I still wish I could be like them.

Last edited:

Agon

Really outgoing people who have a lot of friends. I envy how they get to provide side comments during lectures at class and have everybody laughing at what they said, even if said comments aren't that funny in retrospect. It's just their presence and the way they're known that makes people laugh at every little thing they do. I'm pretty sure almost everybody has known somebody like that.

Also, those snotty posh people who think they're better than everyone else just because they're from a rich background. Attempts at conversations with them almost always end in awkward silences, mostly because I get too irritated to speak and/or there's simply no connection.

MollyBeGood

Type A people are the worst imo. They are always looking for an angle and sizing you up and they always think they are better than you. They spout -out at the mouth, yuk, just a constant stream of dribble and obvious over-inflated self love.
I literally get nauseous. Maybe if I threw up on them they would take a hint to shut up? haha jk.

Niteowl

Really outgoing people who have a lot of friends. I envy how they get to provide side comments during lectures at class and have everybody laughing at what they said, even if said comments aren't that funny in retrospect. It's just their presence and the way they're known that makes people laugh at every little thing they do. I'm pretty sure almost everybody has known somebody like that.

Oh, yes. My school had plenty of those, and their comments were so immature - one liked to pretend to have tourette syndrome and shout a word beginning with W and everybody thought it was hilarious. High fives all round. "Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum." There were also the ones that would make loud noises in the examination hall. Everybody wanted to be mates with them. Everyone but me.