What types of people make you withdraw into your shell?

EscapeArtist

People who seem like they're not speaking their thoughts, you know when people you don't know well are "tired" and so they're quiet but at the same time they look unhappy and uncomfortable? People in that position scare me.
Or people who just seem unaccepting... Weird looks, seem distant...

People who seem distant in general.

Richey

whoever said arrogant is correct, also really seathingly sarcastic people who are just joking but say really honest and harsh jokey remarks to you in front of others which happens quite a bit. People are so into their own worlds they have blinding social confidence. I geto on well with mild less jugdemental and gossipy people.

Richey

People who seem like they're not speaking their thoughts, you know when people you don't know well are "tired" and so they're quiet but at the same time they look unhappy and uncomfortable? People in that position scare me.
Or people who just seem unaccepting... Weird looks, seem distant...

People who seem distant in general.

i find this hard to believe that someone on this forum actually thinks this. i usually just assume they are shy and scared which i have a lot of empathy for.

B

Beatrice

Patronizing/condescending types, arrogant loudmouthed types, people who stare at you like you're some kind of freak......

EscapeArtist

i find this hard to believe that someone on this forum actually thinks this. i usually just assume they are shy and scared which i have a lot of empathy for.

If they seem shy or scared then it doesn't bother me at all, it's when they come off quiet, stern and almost quietly angry or bothered and they seem like they're trying to clue you in through a tone or body language of exhaustion

chibiXphantom

mostly angry looking people. some people just have that "i hate you" look. people who think they are better than you...
and people who are just overbearing and talk wayy too much

pigeon

People who are obviously putting on a social act. When I see people lying simply to improve their social status, I lose all motivation to socialize.

EscapeArtist

Kinda quiet people who don't really say much but then make really blunt statements expressing their dissatisfaction with something.

I actually really like chatty people as they make me feel more at ease. I like to be as chatty back, so its good practise :)

Yeah! I agree. Chatty people are awesome. But they must be friendly and chatty. There is no fear of awkward silences, too short of replies or what you should change the topic to, they manage well with whatever you give them! And they usually speak their thoughts more and put less importance on each sentence for it

Richey

If they seem shy or scared then it doesn't bother me at all, it's when they come off quiet, stern and almost quietly angry or bothered and they seem like they're trying to clue you in through a tone or body language of exhaustion

I think there is a fraction or fine line between the two that can be hard to distinguish with much clarity.

Purplepixies

People with the whole A-Z on being normal.
They make feel like an alien, and not The Doctor type, but the green funky type from cartoons. :'(

Kathryn.fr

People at starbucks... they, always stare... Lol. Sure, they want me to think they're just studying... I see them staring at me though,

Man on the Moon

Kinda quiet people who don't really say much but then make really blunt statements expressing their dissatisfaction with something.

Ha! That is exactly who I am in large groups. I just find it so hard to keep up with the speedy chatter that I start to lose interest in the conversation. Then when somebody says something I disagree with, I immediately jump in and express my dissatisfaction. And inevitably after I've finished what I have to say, comes the awkward silence.

All in all, I am the satisfied social assassin. Satisfied because I actually said something and a social assassin for killing the conversation!

PS This is a side of me that I am trying to change.

Kat

People that are controlling, extremely negative and argumentative people and people that are cruel with their judgments. Talkative people can be intimidating but it is more so how they convey themselves. Some loud people like being in the spotlight but they can try and put you in the spotlight as well, which is as you know, very difficult.::eek::

Kathryn.fr

I'm not even kidding! I walked into one bought a coffee thingy, put money in their donation thing and sat down and was using the net, and I look up and theres like 3 people on their little macs just looking at me and they go back to their comptuers typing like they've been typing the whole time! I'm on to them though. xD

Vampayah88

Overly confident and outgoing people who also seem smart and when they talk to you they tend to do it in a manner that u dont know if theyre joking or are actually serious.

kawaiiKATIE_xo

pretty much anyone who im not sure of. i have to feel confident that they wont shoot me down or something before i feel comfortable talking to them. or, like many people said, the people who are rude and arrogant, and dont care about anyone other than themselves