What types of people make you withdraw into your shell?

corvax

Preppy sort of people my own age, particularly girls. I don't dislike them and most of them are perfectly nice people, but they do make me really uncomfortable. I went to a very preppy all-girls high school and really struggled to fit in, so I always feel like those sort of people think I'm weird or boring.

Sadly, really friendly, vivacious people as well. I really enjoy being around them (who doesn't?), but at the same time it makes me feel inadequate about myself and how shy I am. I'd kill to have that kind of ease with people.

But more than anything, moody people. I'm pretty much the master at blaming things on myself. So, when people are habitually moody and get snippity, I don't attribute it to them being in a bad mood--I attribute it to something I've personally done. It gets to the point where even when they're in a good mood, I feel like I'm bothering them, and I don't feel comfortable around them ever.

Last edited:

Agent_Violet

people who don't pause to take a breath between thoughts.
people who can't help but interrupt others bc they're just bursting with their own thoughts and can't wait their turn to speak
people who don't talk at all...i typically think it's because they don't like me or they think i'm an idiot and that's why they aren't talking.
those freaking breeder women who run around all day spending their husband's money at the mall with their 3 kids in strollers while i'm trying to get a damn latte on my lunchbreak. listening to them chatter amongst themselves is akin to listening to chickens cluck at each other.

corvax

Oh, yeah, I forgot about people who never, ever talk. I feel like they're passing judgment on me and/or dislike me.

R3X

Oh, yeah, I forgot about people who never, ever talk. I feel like they're passing judgment on me and/or dislike me.
^this and people who knows I'm there(hell,I'm sitting right beside him/her) but never talk to me usually makes me go back into my "shell" due to fear of judgement.I'm still in the "process" of adopting the "I-don't-give-a-****" attitude.For me personally,this works pretty well 'cause well........I don't give a damn anymore. lol

Helmaninquiel

Yep, definitely agree with the agrrogant people making me withdraw. The people who automatically set out to prove anything you say is wrong.

Also the excessively outgoing people who look at you as if you have leprosy when they realize you are quiet and not "normal" like them.

Yep, totally agree with this. I hate people who can't have a decent conversation without trying to make you feel stupid and insecure.. Mind games, manipulative.

Invisibleman

people who are incredibly arrogant. The alpha male kind of guys,you know the ones that look straight out of jersey shore with a smoking hot girl on his arm stepping out of a honda civic with every upgrade imaginable. Or (my fellow canadians know what im talking about) those really cocky,smug,arrogant, rich white hockey players that you see decked out in their triple A tracksuits,they take out their wallet and its nothing but 100's,they walk around at school in gangs with all the ladies and bully everybody in their path.

Theres also this one guy I know thats incredibly smart,like literally sheldon from big bang theory. Now I would have no problem if he kept it to himself,but he flaunts it and puts everybody down every which way. I dont even open my mouth around him because he puts down anything anybody ever says.

Last edited:

Honda

I learned that when you are in a position of power, people respect you and you feel less guilty bullying others..

I dont bully people for fun's sake.. I do it cuz its a necessary evil sometime... A stupid looking dork guy approaches you and tries to diss you and disrespect you (Im talking about an office colleague); I insulted him and humiliated him and since then he learned to respect me and avoid messing with me... Now he only messes with other people in the office that try to ignore him or avoid him but keeps away from me..

When those jocks, walk in with a cocky attitude, it is based on enforcing a intimidation tactic on weaker people as to keep them off their way. They already have big competitors and enemies to deal with why would they allow weaker fools to also serve as an extra burden?? They might aswell deploy a shield that keep insignificant things away from them.. They might be really polite and nice people if you get to know them and they get to know you but still necessary evil and natural selection are two real life terms...

WeirdyMcGee

haha~
I was thinking about this before, since asking 'what types' is kind of a big generalization-- but I will say...

People who look menacing; like they're going to pull out a knife and stab me if I come near them.
Those people always make me panic- duh. XD

SM1010

This sounds terrible but...

People who look cool/popular. If I'm around some nerdy guy/girl I'll feel little to no anxiety.

I wish it weren't that way but it is. I just feel more judged around cool/popular/attractive people.

::(:

Agent_Violet

This sounds terrible but...

People who look cool/popular. If I'm around some nerdy guy/girl I'll feel little to no anxiety.

I wish it weren't that way but it is. I just feel more judged around cool/popular/attractive people.

::(:

that doesn't sound terrible...seems normal to me....lol unless, i'm terrible too bc i feel the exact same way;)

Astronaut

^ me too.
I think it’s because I compare myself to them which make me feel boring or uncool. Another related aspect to this, is that the people I’m most afraid of won’t like me, are the people I would like to like me the most. But it helps just to focus on what I think of them, instead of thinking about what they might be thinking about me.

burdeninyourhands

Men who look at me and obviously judge me negatively because Iam not pretty. Girls who get nervous because of my height and weight. Arrogant people, anyone who stares at me for too long. Women who try to compare themselves to other women my judging their. Appearance. Honestly the world just put me in a shell, I used yo be outgoing and people who constantly ask me for advice now I can careless about anyone and I would rather see people suffer than help them through advice