Your Values & Beliefs

GraybeardGhost

1) Good manners are never a waste of time, even when they clearly are.

2) Rhythm is more important than rhyme, spelling counts, and grammar is of consequence, however . . .

3) It's all right to break the rules, if you know what you are doing.

4) If you stop talking for a moment, you might learn something.

5) Never trust your landlord or your boss.

6) Never trust anyone who doesn't like cats.

7) That friendly policeman is not really your friend.

8) The fact that you're paranoid does not necessarily preclude the possibility that they're really out to get you.

9) If you stick your neck out far enough, someone is sure to come along with an axe.

10) Don't forget to duck.

Last edited:

Section_31

Know thyself.

know what you are capable of, and what you arent. Acknolwedge it. And be honest about it, to yourself and to others.

Learn to forgive yourself. And others. You can only keep yourself on the whipping post for so long.

In certain situations, i go by the old adage "Always burn your bridges, because you never know who will try to follow". Very rarely have i employed this but theres a few occasions where ive found it necesary.

learn to try to change yourself. Ive accepted some very ugly parts of myself lately, and am still learning to figure them out and change them. but its a start.

realize your not perfect. you WILL make mistakes, people WILL become angry with you, and the ****e WILL hit the fan. It happens and its part of life. but things will always rebalance themselves.

The biggest thing ive learned, and its helped me dearly, is to not give a f**k. about anything. Do your best, and go with the flow, and try to make the outcome what you want. but if somthing outside of your control happens, and it DOESNT go the way you want, shake it off. If you dont, you stress. What does stressing/giving a f**k about it get you?. bad health later in life. No thanks!

learn to see through the eyes of others. And realize sometimes, that its you who is bein the douchebag in the situation, not anyone else. Somthing else ive very recently come to terms with.

but most importantly, even if youve been hurt, try to love with all you have like youve never been hurt before. Because you only have one life.

And last but not least....sometimes the right choice doesnt feel like the right choice, and sometimes it may involve doing somthing you dont want to do, or not telling someone your reasons. Try to look at the big picture, the greater good of all.

Last edited:
6) Never trust anyone who doesn't like cats.

Does this mean you should immediately trust someone if they DO like cats? ::p:

Why this belief though? I know quite a few people who don't like cats, and one who absolutely hates them. I like this person quite a lot. Why shouldn't I trust him? :p

dragonoth

For example; Do not hide under an umbrella when a volcano erupts. One would need to know those tiny rocks are equally as dangerous as the glowing lava. A variable in a big problem. Another variable would be that tiny bits of molten rocks would burn straight through the umbrella fabric. Obvious to us, but may not be to people whom have never been school/watch TV.

But in the event of a volcanic eruption, one begs the question - why are you not running the f**k for you life instead?? :p

And last but not least....sometimes the right choice doesnt feel like the right choice, and sometimes it may involve doing somthing you dont want to do, or not telling someone your reasons. Try to look at the big picture, the greater good of all.

I agree. Such things require a lot of courage but they reward you in the end.
You have some encouraging beliefs, Lone Gunman.

Lea

Banned

Why this belief though? I know quite a few people who don't like cats, and one who absolutely hates them. I like this person quite a lot. Why shouldn't I trust him? :p

I reckon you´ll find out later.

GraybeardGhost

How could anyone hate something as sweet, soft, warm, and cuddly as a cat? To do so, I believe, demonstrates a certain darkness of character, a malevolence that is sure to reveal itself in other ways sooner or later.

I adopted this particular rule in the aftermath of a very unpleasant experience with a very duplicitous person, whom I made the mistake of trusting right up until the moment when she turned on me and stuck her knife in my back. This same person is largely responsible for my rules 5, 8, 9, and 10, as well. It was a very large, albeit figurative, knife. Had I been on my guard from the time she revealed her hatred of cats—which I recognized as a serious defect in her character, but chose to ignore—I might have been in a better position to defend myself when the hour of her treachery arrived.

I don't propose that you should automatically place your faith in a new acquaintance based solely on a fondness of cats, but I would certainly cast a wary eye upon anyone heard to express the opposite sentiment.

Starry

How could anyone hate something as sweet, soft, warm, and cuddly as a cat? To do so, I believe, demonstrates a certain darkness of character, a malevolence that is sure to reveal itself in other ways sooner or later.
I don't propose that you should automatically place your faith in a new acquaintance based solely on a fondness of cats, but I would certainly cast a wary eye upon anyone heard to express the opposite sentiment.

Surely it depends upon why someone doesn't like cats... I like cats a little, they are cute and fluffy and sometimes sweet (individual cat dependent, as with most things) but I could never love them as I do dogs and I hate the fact they so often kill mice, birds and frogs... Having had two cats in the past I always detested that!

Besides which, I've met quite a few cat-obsessed people who definitely are the ones NOT to be trusted... Selfish, callous, nasty... etc... I don't think a fondness for, or dislike of any particular animal really says much about a person... The way they express it says a lot more...

I adopted this particular rule in the aftermath of a very unpleasant experience with a very duplicitous person, whom I made the mistake of trusting right up until the moment when she turned on me and stuck her knife in my back. This same person is largely responsible for my rules 5, 8, 9, and 10, as well. It was a very large, albeit figurative, knife. Had I been on my guard from the time she revealed her hatred of cats—which I recognized as a serious defect in her character, but chose to ignore—I might have been in a better position to defend myself when the hour of her treachery arrived.

:S

Well, the person I mentioned who really hates cats is someone I almost dated (it's... complicated...). He seemed like a great guy in a lot of ways but I did notice some things about him that really rubbed me the wrong way (forgive the pun :D ).

He looooooooooves dogs :mad:

I like both. What does that say about me? smiley-face-halo.gif

GraybeardGhost

:S

Well, the person I mentioned who really hates cats is someone I almost dated (it's... complicated...). He seemed like a great guy in a lot of ways but I did notice some things about him that really rubbed me the wrong way (forgive the pun :D ).

He looooooooooves dogs :mad:

I like both. What does that say about me? View attachment 2799

Ummm . . . that you're nice, maybe? :)