Diltiazem in familial primary hyperhidrosis

cm123

Good luck with the cleanse. I am personally so excited to try this that I am not sure if I can wait! I was away from home for months and just got back last night. I have an appointment with the doctor on Friday.

hyperxtechie

@jjubbs - Where did you order it without a prescription? Today I went to go see the Dermatologist and the Dr. did not prescribe it to me. She referred me over to someone else who was more familiar with hyperhidrosis. I showed her the articles and everything and just wanted me to get botox shots which I told her didn't really work for me. I just wanna try that stuff out! So PM me where you got it w/o a prescription. Or someone post the results of taking it. Thanks!

cm123

I got a persecution from the doctor. However, he also suggested I try imipramine.
He said to try Diltiazem the following way:
Start at once per day for 5-7 days.
If no adverse side effects are seen go to Cardizem XL 60mg twice per day.

The reason why I want to try imipramine is because it is both an anti-anxiety and anti-chlorogenic pill in one. I will be opening a separate thread up just to talk about this medicine.

Once I have finished my research on Imipramine I will try Diltiazem. Dont worry I will keep everyone posted!

Last edited:

cm123

Update:

Just to keep everyone informed I will start taking Diltiazem on Monday August 9th by the end of August 11th I should notice complete cessation of my HH. I will be posting results daily. I encourage everyone has not already to read the full medical study I posted earlier.

Lets get this started!

Jezza

Update:

Just to keep everyone informed I will start taking Diltiazem on Monday August 9th by the end of August 11th I should notice complete cessation of my HH. I will be posting results daily. I encourage everyone has not already to read the full medical study I posted earlier.

Lets get this started!

Well let's hope it goes according to plan then!

With all the stuff I tried in the past I'm having a bit of a difficult time proposing new treatments to my GP but I'll be watching this closely to see if you have any favourable results.

cm123

Dosage Day 1: Diltiazem ER 120MG
ER stands for extended release. This way 30mg every 6 hours is released. It is healthier to take this medicine in ER form apparently because you should keep the medicine in your system all the time so your blood pressure levels dont fluctuate as much as taking the dose manually every 6 hours.

First Part of Day (1-6hours): My sweating was profuse as usually. I was doing some labor outside and sweat was running all down my face and back as usual. I had to change my shirt it was so soaked.

Second Part of Day (7-12): I started to get a headache. Still sweating. Took some ibuprofen.

Third Part of Day (13-18): My feet felt dry as if the skin on them was dry and need lotion. A great feeling!

Fourth Part of Day: Sleep no night sweats or anything. No waking up to the sheets wet or hands or feet wet.

Results: So Far So Good!

cm123

Dosage Day 2: Diltiazem ER 120MG
In the medical study the dosage for the participants was changed to 60mg every six hours. After my third day I will switch to Diltiasezem ER 120MG x2 daily.

First Part of Day (1-6hours): No sweating! I can feel the soft cotton of my socks and I even dared to where a shirt without an undershirt! After getting in the hot car by back did not sweat.

Second Part of Day (7-12): Socks and shirt still dry! Only slight normal perspiration on my brow when I was outside in the heat for awhile.

Things to Note:

1. I have not had any headaches since the first one.
2. I have not worn sandals for I am still too nervous after not wearing them for years. I will need to build up my confidence.
3. I weigh between 130-140 lbs. Therefore I might not need to have the higher dosage. However as soon as my sweating starts acting up while on 120MG I will look to 2 x 120MG may try in 2days.

Important Information About This Medicine:
1. This medicine is A MUCH HEALTHIER alternative than the toxic side effects of
anticholinergic therapy (Robinul, Probanth, Avert)

Why this medicine stops sweating!!!!

2. Calcium flux plays a central and essential role in
the stimulation of active sweat secretion. Influx of
calcium from the extracellular compartment to the
intracellular compartment has been shown by Sato12
to be required for eccrine gland secretion to occur.
Calcium-channel blockers act selectively by inhibit¬
ing calcium influx through the cell membrane.

Daz

Don't these calcium-Channel Blockers cause Hair loss?

Sorry if i have freaked anyone out, but thought it would be worth asking, before you all lose your hair! ::p:

cm123

Don't these calcium-Channel Blockers cause Hair loss?

Sorry if i have freaked anyone out, but thought it would be worth asking, before you all lose your hair! ::p:

Apparently, only the calcium channel blocker "Capsacin" is known to have this side effect.

Other medicines such as Beta-Blockers can cause hairloss. I encourage everyone to always talk to your doctor about all your HH medicines side effects!

hyperxtechie

Does food have an effect on the medication? Like Rubinol, the only way it works for me is if I don't eat. Have you been eating normal in taking this medication?

Knickerless

CM123, thats great news and I am watching your study with much excitement!
I am off to see my GP tomorrow to ask for a trial dose, however, your link to the original download of the full article has now expired - any chance you could upload it again for me?

Glyco has been working for me in high doses but the side effects mean I can't take it every day and with you saying that the side effects are much easier to control here I must give this a go.

Many thanks and please do keep us updated.

Knick

cm123

Does food have an effect on the medication? Like Rubinol, the only way it works for me is if I don't eat. Have you been eating normal in taking this medication?

I have been eating normally. I take the medicine in the morning at the same time everyday 30mins before I eat. It is recommended to take these medicine with food if you feel nauseous from it. I haven't felt nauseous once though.

CM123, thats great news and I am watching your study with much excitement!
I am off to see my GP tomorrow to ask for a trial dose, however, your link to the original download of the full article has now expired - any chance you could upload it again for me?

Glyco has been working for me in high doses but the side effects mean I can't take it every day and with you saying that the side effects are much easier to control here I must give this a go.

Many thanks and please do keep us updated.

Knick

Here is a link to the download:

SpeedShare - Download Emotional Eccrine Sweating.pdf

Please post your experience with it.

Jezza

Great to see your initial results are positive. Would you say the HH is gone (or at least that much reduced that it's no longer an issue) or just diminished? How about at the critical times when you need HH the least and it usually manifests the most?

cm123

Great to see your initial results are positive. Would you say the HH is gone (or at least that much reduced that it's no longer an issue) or just diminished? How about at the critical times when you need HH the least and it usually manifests the most?

When I was 14 my sweating was just limited to my hands and feet but as I got older it seemed to spread to other areas such as my back and face. This medicine seems to have eliminated the sweating on my back and reduced my hands and feet to "normal moist levels". When i say "normal moist levels" I mean that it is not completely reduced yet (currently taking 240mg daily) but they are just slightly moist. So slight that when wearing socks they are dry because the sock can absorb it.

I live in the deep south of the USA it has been 100F with humidity around 90% i have noticed a significant improvement in terms of my sweating in that my sweat no longer drips in loads but my perhaps my forehead and feet get slightly moist. I am temped to up the dose so more.... I am going to consult with my doctor first.

I have however been able to wear a shirt with no undershirt which before was impossible. I am also able to wear shoes with no socks sometimes. However sandals are still out of the question.

I am going to stay on the 240mg dose another day or two and see if my sweating continues to improve. I might try going back to 120mg and maybe a very low dose of Robinul will be enough to kill the moist feeling.

I really encourage everyone here to try to test this medicine out and report how it is working with them so we can feel around for the best possible combination or dosage.

I will say I have felt no side effects.

wannabedry

hello!! fellow HH sufferers, im new to the site as far as posting but ive been reading on here for a long time. I have extremely severe HH, ive had it all my life. It was extremely bad for underarms and hands while growing up and i ended up having ETS in 2002. well,,,, my hands are better but not 100 % , of course the rest of my body is a mess!!! i travel often and spend time in tropical places sometimes for work and im completely drenched to the point where i cant function at all.... so ive been on robinul with mixed results,, it only works sometimes as u all know. it was almost completely useless for me in southeast asia. im considering working there but the sweat is the only thing holding me back. sweat has ruined my life. im in usa again now and i have a doctor apointment next week and i REEEEAAAALLLY want to request this diltiazem??? it is giving me hope!!! so im just posting here to say ill be experimenting with it hopefully?? if the dr agrees. and so i wanna post results here as well and encourage others to try too. congratulations cm123 on your success so far! sounds great! youve encouraged me to try it. ill try anything at this point. im just curious what you discussed about blood pressure though with your doctor?? as this med is for people with high bp? mine is slightly high anyway so im not worried but im wondering about dosage and the type to request? there seems to be many types, extended release etc...etc.. thank you all so much , lets all figure this out and make it work.

Knickerless

I will be starting a trial with Dilitiazem from tomorrow. My dermatologist made me go for an ECG first and when that was all clear he has said I can take up to 300mg a day. I will keep you all posted but should add that I have tried this drug before and, although I may have been a little impatient, it did not work for my HH. I will update as soon as I have some results for you all.

Jezza

What you're describing sounds all too familiar cm...

I hope it improves a bit more then. If it works via the same mechanism ionto does maybe it takes a while to kick in. So far with all the meds I've tried the improvement wasn't enough (or significant) for me to keep taking them so I kind of decided not to go that route again unless something can REALLY make a difference. For me the difference between soaking and still way to moist doesn't really matter. It changes little to nothing to the limitations I experience by the sweating. But hopefully this might be something that really works.

xtv89x

Same here.. keep us updated.. Has the sweating reduced further after you took this med for a couple of weeks now?