Diltiazem in familial primary hyperhidrosis

Solo Dolo

got my prescription of Diltiazem today. i will begin taking it tomorrow morning. i will be sure to give up dates on my progress as much as i can (probably every day). i hope for the best.

Knickerless

I have taken 240 per day for two weeks now (120 morning + 120 evening) and it has had very little effect on my generalised sweating. Sorry to break the bad news but I want to be honest and not leave people with false hope. This drug, though without side effects is not anywhere near as effective as glyco and, having spoken to my dermatologists, is not a new found possibility but rather something which has been knocking around with limited success rates since the early 80's.

Knickerless

This forum is very useful, arguably the best out there but everyone suffers from different levels... different levels of sweating and different levels of optimism. I am not particularly sympathetic of this thread as it has dominated the front page of this board for a few months now and I don't think it is that important. With the exception of the thread creator there is very little evidence of Diltiazem being of much use and as someone who reads and studies these things and gets overly excited about the fact that we may have finally found something I don't like to think of hundreds of people reading this, hassling their GP and then feeling like sh*t when nothing changes.

there is nothing to be gained by false hope.

I suggest we put this thread to bed until/unless someone other than (and bless you for it my friend) the ever enthusiastic CM123 has something further to add.

I am a realistic individual who has fought full body sweating for over 10 years and have tried everything. Lets cut the bullsh*t. Glyco works but is irritating and, for whatever reason, drinking excessive amounts of seems to do the trick too. Other than this nothing else will stop FULL BODY sweating.

Last edited:

pedro123

This forum is very useful, arguably the best out there but everyone suffers from different levels... different levels of sweating and different levels of optimism. I am not particularly sympathetic of this thread as it has dominated the front page of this board for a few months now and I don't think it is that important. With the exception of the thread creator there is very little evidence of Diltiazem being of much use and as someone who reads and studies these things and gets overly excited about the fact that we may have finally found something I don't like to think of hundreds of people reading this, hassling their GP and then feeling like sh*t when nothing changes.

there is nothing to be gained by false hope.

I suggest we put this thread to bed until/unless someone other than (and bless you for it my friend) the ever enthusiastic CM123 has something further to add.

I am a realistic individual who has fought full body sweating for over 10 years and have tried everything. Lets cut the bullsh*t. Glyco works but is irritating and, for whatever reason, drinking excessive amounts of seems to do the trick too. Other than this nothing else will stop FULL BODY sweating.

I somewhat disagree. I think it's good for people like us to do research in this field so that one day the pharmaceuticals will get their act together and make a better anti cholinergic medicine.

Knickerless

I somewhat disagree. I think it's good for people like us to do research in this field so that one day the pharmaceuticals will get their act together and make a better anti cholinergic medicine.

Your missing my point. I agree with what you say. My point is we have indeed discussed this drug and, if you go through this thread there is one poster saying it works (maybe) and everyone else getting excited but having no success. I am posting my final test results. After what appeared to be some promise at first, my I generalised HH was not helped by 240mg of this stuff per day for over 2 weeks. If anyone has differing results please do let us know.

pedro123

Your missing my point. I agree with what you say. My point is we have indeed discussed this drug and, if you go through this thread there is one poster saying it works (maybe) and everyone else getting excited but having no success. I am posting my final test results. After what appeared to be some promise at first, my I generalised HH was not helped by 240mg of this stuff per day for over 2 weeks. If anyone has differing results please do let us know.

Ya I hear what you're saying. I guess some of us *X-Files reference* want to believe so badly, that we'll hold on to any hope out there.

Solo Dolo

DAY 1: Diltiazem 120mg 24 hour ER taken at 7:30am

change in sweating: none

side effects: uncomfortable feelings in chest

Knickerless

DAY 1: Diltiazem 120mg 24 hour ER taken at 7:30am

change in sweating: none

side effects: uncomfortable feelings in chest

I too had the strange chest feeling, almost like my muscles were weakened.

Pedo, that may have been myself suggesting some early promise a few weeks back but I think it was just a slightly cooler day/ one of my better days. As I said, there was a very limited reduction (IMO) but it was not significant enough to warrant recommending the drug to anyone else.

Solo Dolo

DAY 2: Diltiazem 24 hour ER taken at 7:30 a.m.

Change in sweating: None

Side Effects: uncomfortable feelings in chest are much less

Solo Dolo

ive decided to discontinue the diltiazem....i noticed no change at all. =\....i have no idea what im gonna do now.....

batuska

hey solo dolo. I think it's too early to give up trying, three days is too little time for some drugs to build up to effective levels in the body. If I were you I would try 1 or 2 more weeks, what do you have to loose?