How and why did you select your user name?

Lonelyheart

I've noticed that many of the members here have unique user names. I was just curious about how and why you-all choose your user names?

I've chosen to call myself Lonelyheart because it is a reflection of how I feel. I'm extremely lonely, and I'm especially lonely for the love and affection of a lovely lady. My heart is lonesome for love.

themousethatroared

The first thing that popped into my head when thinking about an user name was the mouse that roared. I do not know why it just did and I decided to use it.

Thelema

Thelema is greek for will. Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will. 8)

Y

Mine is obivous probably, Y refers to Why?, and that is what i ask to myself all the time.

SqueakyGibson

When I was new on the internet in 1999, the first community I joined was Red Dwarf fandom (Red Dwarf was a sci-fi comedy show). I chose my name from a deleted scene from one of the worst episodes.

The "Squeaky Gibson" story was the story of a boy at Lister's orphanage whose bed would start squeaking as soon as the lights went out. The other boys would throw their shoes at him to make him shut up. One night the squeaking didn't stop, so they turned on the light and realised he wasn't masturbating - he was having an epileptic fit.

I'm sick of the name. I just have no imagination when signing up for new things.

Y

Re: they were on my desk when i signed up

worrydoll said:
In the folk tradition of Guatemala in Central America, children use these worry dolls to remove their worries. Before going to bed they tell a worry to each of the Guatemalan dolls. In the morning the children wake up without their worries, which have been taken away by the dolls during the night.

worrydoll-worrydolls.JPG

Beautiful story, and i need those dolls!!! :lol:

Y

cutefluffykitten said:
MY cat had just given birth to four cute fluffy kittens :lol:

Lucky mom, kittens are the most beautiful things on earth. Why do cats even grow up? They become annoying, boring, lazy, and fat. They should find something to stop cat growth. :p

SqueakyGibson said:
When I was new on the internet in 1999, the first community I joined was Red Dwarf fandom (Red Dwarf was a sci-fi comedy show). I chose my name from a deleted scene from one of the worst episodes.

The "Squeaky Gibson" story was the story of a boy at Lister's orphanage whose bed would start squeaking as soon as the lights went out. The other boys would throw their shoes at him to make him shut up. One night the squeaking didn't stop, so they turned on the light and realised he wasn't masturbating - he was having an epileptic fit.

I'm sick of the name. I just have no imagination when signing up for new things.

I love saying Squeaky, i dont know, i think it sounds kinda naughty :) , yeah i know im a pervert :p

maggie

Lonelyheart said:
I've noticed that many of the members here have unique user names. I was just curious about how and why you-all choose your user names?

I've chosen to call myself Lonelyheart because it is a reflection of how I feel. I'm extremely lonely, and I'm especially lonely for the love and affection of a lovely lady. My heart is lonesome for love.
i used my cat's name...she is the quirkiest..silliest ..most paranoid cat i've ever had...maybe i've rubbed off on her :wink:

Tryin

tryin.. thats what we all do isnt it? thats what we all have to do. sometimes, when i am confused and things seem just too tough for me, i feel like resigning. but i can not. so lets not resign. lets keep

tryin

Keara

I chose keara because i love the name. I had 2 boys and never had a chance to name a girl but there are lots of girl's names i love. When i looked this one up in the name book it meant small and dark, which was how i was feeling at the time.

Erythrocyte

I picked Erythrocyte because I'm studying biomedicalscience...:oops: and I like the red blood cells... they are small and often underestimated...
plus.. people tend to be afraid of blood for some reason, and avoid it...:roll: