How and why did you select your user name?

GloomySunday

'Gloomy Sunday' is my favourite song of all time.

There are many versions and interpretations of it, but it is most commonly associated with Billie Holiday.

I like many different styles of music from various eras, but torch songs like this are the ones closest to my heart.

I have a framed 78 rpm recording of it, with its accompanying sheet music, hanging in my room.

MelonCollie

My username is MelonCollie and I've used that username on different sites and on my email for about 2 years now. I used it for 2 reasons:
1 because I like the word melancholy, and it has definitely been the best word to describe me and my personality these past few years. Even my doctor said I had a melancholy personality.

2 I found it on a Smashing Pumpkins cd, Mellon Collie and the infinite Sadness I found the title interesting.

I originally wanted it to be 'phobos', one of the moons of Mars, but it was taken. Dont know how I decided on 'phocas', I thought it was random but it can refer to a saint, an emperor and latin plural of 'seal' :confused:

It started out as a tittle I use in the story I'm working one (like my avatar), but eventually ''Puma'' just kinda stuck as a personal nickname and I've been using the username ever since.

Last edited:
erm, i thought of this username long time ago, its just 1 of my many username i have, i got the idea when i was like 14... when teletubbies were around..

Because I experience blue days, ie. sad days, so often in my life that they are just a normal part of me now.
It's not a bad thing, because I have accepted them now.

I like all the usernames around here ^^
Some happy positive names, some more serious names based on SA. Very creative ALL of you guys :)

Um, my name, WELL.. my real name 's Saskia, so that's the whole story lol :p
Saskia means fighter btw, I'm happy with the meaning of my name^^

I used to be called Flowergirlie on this forum, just bcuz my last name is flower. so yea. :cool: But It sounds like I'm a garden freak who is crazy about flowers LOL XD. So I changed it.

Before, I was called Skatergirl on another account (2 years ago), I'm a skateboard-freak, I love everything about skating, It always been my dream to become a professional skateboarder, but i guess that takes ALOT of practice, but knowing to do some tricks is good already ;)

On other forums I call myself CoolSun (just like the name^^) or MusicFreaky.

Last edited:

dancingintherain

I love a song called the dancers in the rain
and also one of my favourite movies is Dancer in the Dark
so ended up like that xD I cannot dance at all! =D too clumsy ; )

lunarla

I may have posted in this thread already. When I first made it, it was because I liked L words and lunar (pertaining to the moon), la just because. But now I like it 'cause it's kinda like moonsong : ) kinda? right? ha

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I may have posted in this thread already. When I first made it, it was because I liked L words and lunar (pertaining to the moon), la just because. But now I like it 'cause it's kinda like moonsong : ) kinda? right? ha
I always think of the Lunesta sleeping drug moth when I see your username.

412016667_0a411e01c0.jpg

Nathaniel Wingate Peaslee is a character from a story with whom I identify.

Deus_Ex_Lemur

My name ; aside from the Lemur, which I am, and if I were exclusively human would be my favorite animal... it's derived from not the game, but Latin phrase Deus Ex Machina (god out of the machine) - a plot device where a seemingly impossible/impassable problem is suddenly solved with a contrived and out of the blue intervention of some new event, character, thing, object, ability, etc to form a resolution. (So in this case, god out of the Lemur :)

We all hope this will happen to our lives with SA/etc and problems. But this is exactly the plot device to avoid in narratives; for it's false and really doesn't work; little will be resolved this way. Gotta stop waitin' and do it yourself =) (That's, what I at least, told myself at the time... lol).

Rose_Red

I didn't know what username to choose so I used the name of the song I was listening to,
Rose Red by Emilie Autumn. It works out that I liked that song.

After I created this name I thought of a better username, it kind of annoyed me but a username is just a username after all.

*Amy*

Amy is a name I started using when I was about ten as an "alternative name". Actually, I thought it was my real name since I had some idea of me being adopted. Bad relationships with my parents since I was very young::(:

I use this username for everything I do online. It came from watching "Crocodile Dundee", when my tiny dog Pebbles walked in, I put them together and it was just a joke that I felt fitted.