How and why did you select your user name?

B

Beatrice

Rosie lea is rhyming slang for tea, I like tea.

Ohhh, rhyming slang! I love rhyming slang :D I'm an American and we don't do that over here, and I never knew about it until I was looking up British slang online and came across that concept. Cool stuff.

Newtype

Mine is from the anime Mobile Suit Gundam.

A Newtype is the next stage of human evolution in the Gundam universe. The theory behind this minor but groundbreaking metamorphosis is that in order to adapt to life in space, the human body evolved with heightened mental awareness. As such, Newtypes tend to appear among Spacenoids.

Newtypes have an extremely high degree of spatial awareness, almost a sixth sense. They are capable of telepathically detecting other Newtypes, and are sensitive to the hostile intentions directed at them by others, allowing them to uncannily react to their opponents even before the offender carries out his intended action. The abilities of the Newtype are kept very abstract and treated as mysterious events much the same way the Force is treated in the original Star Wars trilogy.

B

Beatrice

Whoa.. I totally believed that it was Beatrice as well. Mind = blown

Haha wow this is kind of funny. I do like that name though, especially the way it's pronounced in Italian. It's funny, my name is Haley and my Spanish professor calls me "HI-lee", which is not how I'd think a Spanish-speaking person would pronounce it. But now I'm going off topic... anywho!

GloomySunday

Rosie lea is rhyming slang for tea, I like tea.

That's so cool! If I was a female, I would probably call myself Ruby Murray (because I like curry!). That would also keep my 50's retro theme intact as well (Ruby was a popular singer in the 1950's) so that's a bonus! :)

Moa

Moa is an extinct, flightless bird.

Seemed like it suit me well... metaphorically, I wish I could fly, but I can't (although literally flying would rock too!). And I have a lot of days where I feel like I'm my own species and there are no others of my kind, soon to be extinct.

-lonestar-

I got mine from the hilarius 80s movie Spaceballs there was a character called Lone Starr, I also am facinated with space and like sci-fi alot. Its also a reflection on the fact that I've never had a friend, I just feel more comfortable alone, tho I am working on not being lonely.

Moa

I got mine from the hilarius 80s movie Spaceballs there was a character called Lone Starr, I also am facinated with space and like sci-fi alot. Its also a reflection on the fact that I've never had a friend, I just feel more comfortable alone, tho I am working on not being lonely.

That's cool... now every time I see your name around here, it'll make me think of Spaceballs and I'll laugh. :D

Silatuyok

Mine is a Bob Dylan song. I'm not a huge Dylan fan, and quite frankly the song itself is not something I particularly like, but I wanted a phrase with my name in it, and as far as I know Dylan is the only one who has ever sung about Marie.

TheNightCreature

I'm a batman and horror movie and sci fiction fan and i like the night time because i find it soothing, so that's how my username came about.

omnighost

Mine came from thinking about all these different aspects of myself that combine into this ghost of a person I live as.

MrJones

Mine is a Bob Dylan song.
Mine too! :D
I answered this not so long ago, but if you ask...
It had to be something related to music (like my first avatar) because music is my life and I'm absolutely nothing without it, I'd have gone mad without music. I love Bob Dylan and Ballad of a thin man is one of my favourite songs.

I'm a lot like that guy who enters an unknown place and has no idea of what's going on. Everything is strange. He is a stranger. I am a stranger.

"You try so hard
But you don’t understand
Just what you’ll say
When you get home"

"You walk into the room
Like a camel and then you frown
You put your eyes in your pocket
And your nose on the ground
There ought to be a law
Against you comin’ around"

"Something is happening here
But you don’t know what it is
Do you, Mister Jones?"

I don't. I don't understand people, I don't understand what they do or why. Everything has a lot of mistery for me. I just don't understand.

Plus, I wanted to keep being anonymous, so I didn't want a weird name, I wanted to stay here without people noticing that I was there. I wanted a common name. Jones. Jones is everyone and no one. I am no one. John Doe. Mister Jones.

All I wanted in the same username, I couldn't let slip the opportunity haha